Biden lauds ‘extraordinary’ courage of LGBTQ Americans at White House Pride event

Social Media

20 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I wonder if Joe told any of his BS stories about his experience with the 2SLGBTQQIA+ community. Like when he was a child, and saw two men kissing and asked his father about it. His father replied, "they love each other son".

Never happened.

Or his tales about gay people still being thrown out of restaurants.  Come on, man.   

Why do you post fake letters? 

That story is charming and tells a good teachable moment story, regardless.

Do you really believe the chopped down the cherry tree story?

Gays kicked out of restaurants? Not common but it happens.

I don't think its common enough for a president to have mentioned. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

Group? Lesbians tell me they don't want to be lumped together with gays, never mind to controversy of wether bi's really exist, then you have the transgenders arguing with women, funny sort of group.

Like any group there will be differences of opinion.  There's always been a tension between a small minority of gay men and lesbians but that's to be expected.  In recent years this tension has been seized upon by the right to try to divide the community with some success with the trans issues.

The truth is that many lesbians support LGBT.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I reckon most people know exactly what I was talking about. I'm not going to get baited into getting explicit.

Next 

How come you seem to think you know what "most people" know or think?

You repeatedly post these statements in many topics with nothing to back it up!

You have not conducted any surveys/opinion polls have you on the subject(s)?

I have no idea of what you were referring to in your earlier obscure post (and  I suspect many, like myself, (please note "many" not "most") do not know either)!

I only asked for clarification to your earlier post(s) as I do not believe that readers of obscure posts, like a few of your recent ones, must resort to Mr Google to find out the meanings of the obscure comments that you and other posters are making!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

How come you seem to think you know what "most people" know or think?

You repeatedly post these statements in many topics with nothing to back it up!

You have not conducted any surveys/opinion polls have you on the subject(s)?

I have no idea of what you were referring to in your earlier obscure post (and  I suspect many, like myself, (please note "many" not "most") do not know either)!

I only asked for clarification to your earlier post(s) as I do not believe that readers of obscure posts, like a few of your recent ones, must resort to Mr Google to find out the meanings of the obscure comments that you and other posters are making!

Do you suffer from some kind of index finger paralysis which leaves you unable to click on links you find in google?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, placeholder said:

Do you suffer from some kind of index finger paralysis which leaves you unable to click on links you find in google?

Why don't people just post words and phrases that are in common usage that do not need to be searched for?

We are not all members, or even wish to be members, of the LBGABCDEFGetc  or woke brigades!

• Thanks 2

Like many of this era Biden was staunchly opposed to gay rights, and in his very first year as senator he declared that gay people should not receive security clearances because they would be a “security risk”.

The truth is coming out 

https://www.thepinknews.com/2021/01/20/joe-biden-lgbt-gay-rights-record-voted-defence-of-marriage-act-marriage-equality/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Why don't people just post words and phrases that are in common usage that do not need to be searched for?

We are not all members, or even wish to be members, of the LBGABCDEFGetc  or woke brigades!

Are you afraid that if you look up the meaning you'll get drafted into the "LBGABCDEFGetc or woke brigades"? Is that how people become gay or woke?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Just say gay if it's too difficult like I do. You don't need to post a gay slur.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

You don't say?

19 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

And the significance of that Cr@p  to what I will loosely call this debate is what?

Responding to the weaponization of "woke" as an attack which was in your post that I was replying to. But I'm guessing you didn't watch it.

26 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

As a politician of 50 years' experience, Joe Biden is adept at keeping his finger in the air and detecting which way the (political) wind is blowing. Then following. 

So you're saying he's an excellent political leader. I agree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, candide said:

LGBT people nine times more likely than non-LGBT people to be victims of violent hate crimes

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/press/lgbt-hate-crimes-press-release/

Time for a sex worker festival to, not sure about their statistics, but Im quite sure they as well being violated both by society, authorities and customers. 

• Haha 1

Surely any LGBQT member wouldn't vote for him when they know his real thoughts on matters like same sex marriage. If I were transexual, I obviously wouldn't support the liar. 

"We already have a law, the Defense of Marriage Act,” Biden said. “We’ve all voted — not, where I’ve voted, and others have said, look, marriage is between a man and a woman and states must respect that. Nobody’s violated that law, there’s been no challenge to that law. Why do we need a constitutional amendment? Marriage is between a man and a woman.”

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/trump-campaign-press-release-nothing-be-proud-the-biden-lgbt-record

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Surely any LGBQT member wouldn't vote for him when they know his real thoughts on matters like same sex marriage. If I were transexual, I obviously wouldn't support the liar. 

"We already have a law, the Defense of Marriage Act,” Biden said. “We’ve all voted — not, where I’ve voted, and others have said, look, marriage is between a man and a woman and states must respect that. Nobody’s violated that law, there’s been no challenge to that law. Why do we need a constitutional amendment? Marriage is between a man and a woman.”

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/trump-campaign-press-release-nothing-be-proud-the-biden-lgbt-record

I would think every American wants good jobs, secure border, housing and would base their vote on the important issues regardless of any personal issues.