Rampant racism alleged by Black workers at California Tesla factory

onthedarkside

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tesla has a rule which prohibits many things from being said about the company or doing while at work.  One only has to read between the lines to understand why certain things are not recorded.  There are many links you can find on employees being terminated for sharing a video on-line of situations or incidents which happened while employed by Tesla.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/03/tesla-fires-employee-who-posted-youtube-videos-of-full-self-driving-accident/

https://www.hotcars.com/things-tesla-employees-arent-allowed-to-do-at-work/#work-40-hour-weeks

All of Musk's employees sign confidentially agreements, so very little has actually been known about what goes on behind the scenes of Tesla. But a while back there were a few whistleblowers who pulled back the curtain and showed us the peculiar and sometimes dark sides of working for Musk.

You keep posting links that mention nothing about whether people can keep their phones in their pockets at work at Tesla and your baseless assumptions are not evidence.  It would be highly unusual for someone who is not a schoolchild to not have access to their phones in work so unless you have evidence to the contrary my point stands that for this alleged racism to be going on for so long and was so prevalent it is very strange how no-one managed to capture a single audio or video recording of this.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ozimoron said:

anyone can be racist, even against their own race.

What a load of woke twaddle.???? 

Disagreements between people of the same race, of which there are only 5, are usually on religious, political or geographic grounds. 

The US institutionalised problems of race relations do not need to be exported to or assimilated by others whose societies have no such history.

Edited by VocalNeal

56 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

What a load of woke twaddle.???? 

Disagreements between people of the same race, of which there are only 5, are usually on religious, political or geographic grounds. 

The US institutionalised problems of race relations do not need to be exported to or assimilated by others whose societies have no such history.

Get yourself an education.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-race_discrimination

• Like 1

Teslas non-disclosure agreements all employee's must sign is a very secretive document and the few who have spoken out or shown videos, the few out there, have been terminated.  No wonder there are no videos or audio of the incidents being claimed.  Hard to keep ones job which puts food on the table or deciding to go public and possibly end up with nothing......

Just a portion and it is pretty vague:

https://images1.cityfeet.com/d2/4euxLt7i4MC6TiKpqbyK4Xlbet-dhgihMM4WC5zppSk/document.pdf

1.“Confidential Information” means confidential information that is disclosed by Tesla to Applicant and which is disclosed (a) inwriting and marked or orally identified as confidential at the time of disclosure, or (b) in any other manner and identified as confidential at the time of disclosure.
2.Applicant agrees that, for a period of five years after receipt of each item of Confidential Information, it will (a) not disclose suchConfidential Information to any third party but may disclose to its employees who agree to be bound by this Agreement and who must know the Confidential Information to effectuate the Purpose; and (b) not use Confidential Information except for the Purpose; and (c) protect Confidential Information with the same degree of care as it uses for its own information of like importance, but not less than reasonable care.

Edited by ThailandRyan

25 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Teslas non-disclosure agreements all employee's must sign is a very secretive document and the few who have spoken out or shown videos, the few out there, have been terminated.  No wonder there are no videos or audio of the incidents being claimed.  Hard to keep ones job which puts food on the table or deciding to go public and possibly end up with nothing......

Just a portion and it is pretty vague:

https://images1.cityfeet.com/d2/4euxLt7i4MC6TiKpqbyK4Xlbet-dhgihMM4WC5zppSk/document.pdf

1.“Confidential Information” means confidential information that is disclosed by Tesla to Applicant and which is disclosed (a) inwriting and marked or orally identified as confidential at the time of disclosure, or (b) in any other manner and identified as confidential at the time of disclosure.
2.Applicant agrees that, for a period of five years after receipt of each item of Confidential Information, it will (a) not disclose suchConfidential Information to any third party but may disclose to its employees who agree to be bound by this Agreement and who must know the Confidential Information to effectuate the Purpose; and (b) not use Confidential Information except for the Purpose; and (c) protect Confidential Information with the same degree of care as it uses for its own information of like importance, but not less than reasonable care.

Yes, that relates to CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION as it clearly states.   Of course Tesla would not want their proprietary tech made public to be stolen.  Maybe you should look at their employee handbook:

https://www.ceconline.com/PDF/Tesla-Anti-Handbook-Handbook.pdf

What I suspect is happening here is that greedy claimants and greedy lawyers have learnt from a previous case that in California you can get a substantial settlement for "claiming" racial abuse.   A previous case involved someone who did a low level job for just 9 months and was initially awarded $137 million in punitive damages (reduced to $15m in a retrial and then further reduced to $3.2 million).   On that basis alone I find this claim difficult to believe but am prepared to change my mind if just one of the claimants is able to back up their claim with video or audio evidence of the "rampant" racism taking place.   

58 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't give a flying firk about the Civil Rights Act of 1964 of the United States, Now I - thanks to you -  have been edumacated, I see that was a black on black boxing quarrel. 

As I said. The US institutionalised problems of race relations do not need to be exported to or assimilated by others whose societies have no such history.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't give a flying firk about the Civil Rights Act of 1964 of the United States, Now I - thanks to you -  have been edumacated, I see that was a black on black boxing quarrel. 

As I said. The US institutionalised problems of race relations do not need to be exported to or assimilated by others whose societies have no such history.

Ah, the ol' "your not American canard". Yawn.

btw, you need more education from that comment.

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Ah, the ol' "your not American canard". Yawn.

btw, you need more education from that comment.

Ah,  the ol' ad hominem strategy., Yawn. 

Talking of education, I fail to see where aeronautics fits in. You see there are many different forms of education. 

Although, yes, the whole thread is about being in the US. My concern is the exportation of woke. Woke has been called the "oldest profession"

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Ah,  the ol' ad hominem strategy., Yawn. 

Talking of education, I fail to see where aeronautics fits in. You see there are many different forms of education. 

The statement "institutionalised problems of race relations do not need to be exported to or assimilated by others whose societies have no such history." is about as uninformed a statement as I have read in a long time.

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Was the CCTV broken?  Doesn't Tesla car have dozens of cameras?l At least some of this discrinination would be caught on camera.

Someone forgot to top up the diesel generator that powers them.

• Like 1