Timing of renwal for extension of stay .... I am outside Thailand around due date

Hello all together,

I have an extension of stay based on a  NON O Visa (retirement) and a mulitiple reentry permission on top.

All arranged without using an agent and circumventing potential problems and I want to do so in the future too.

I would like to leave Thailand in the end of november for 4 weeks - which is around the date when my EoS is coming to its end on 14th Dec 2023.

As far as I remeber there is just a special period of time around the date of expiry to appy for a renewal. (Right now I am not aware of the exact details).

And I guess that i would like to be outside Thailand during that whole period.

Have you got any good suggestions for me how to obtain an extension legally quite early? (I don't want to apply for a new eVisa in my home country).

PS.: ... if there is no easy solution available I will probably not leave Thailand at that time.

Thanks for your help

Uwe

Even if an immigration office has a usual policy that you can only apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the existing permission to stay, they will often be flexible if shown that you have confirmed flights leaving a little earlier than that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bikestorm said:

I would like to leave Thailand in the end of november for 4 weeks - which is around the date when my EoS is coming to its end on 14th Dec 2023.

Don't understand your post/thread.

Extensions can be applied for 30/45 days prior to expiry.

Even earlier by showing immigration office flight ticket out of Thailand. 

Which immigration office? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Extensions can be applied for 30/45 days prior to expiry.

Even earlier by showing immigration office flight ticket out of Thailand. 

Which immigration office? 

Sorry if I failed to express the things in a way to understand my situation completely. But even though your answer helped already, thanks.

I did not expect that i can apply 30/45 days prior ... I had a shorter period in mind.

30 days would work, 45 days would be great for me, no stress. Could you do me another favour and explain to me why you wrote "30/45 days"?  When do 45 days apply?

And I did not know, that presenting a flight ticket could even help.

I have to go to the Immigration in Lampang.

6 minutes ago, bikestorm said:

I have to go to the Immigration in Lampang.

Most immigration offices allow application for extension up to 30 days prior to expiry.

Some of the larger offices such as CW and CM allow up to 45 days early.

Your office will be 30.

Talk with office and show flight out of Thailand. 

They can be flexible.

In any event ...you are ok.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bikestorm said:

I would like to leave Thailand in the end of november for 4 weeks - which is around the date when my EoS is coming to its end on 14th Dec 2023

Just to clarify ...

Your expiry of permission of stay is Dec 14.

That means that you can apply for next extension approx Nov 14.

Your extension will be approved on the spot.

That extension will expire Dec 14 2024.

If you obtain reentry permit at same visit that reentry permit will also be valid till Dec  14 2024.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

At Chaeng Wattana each year, I apply for my extension of stay 45 days before. To be safe with any miscalculation of number of days, do it 44 days before. No problems whatsoever. Then take a single or multiple re-entry as required at Suvarnabhumi airport. 

• Thumbs Up 2