Has the TM30 been scrapped?

Hi all,  returned 3 weeks ago from the US entering Thailand in Chiang Mai under a new Non-O multiple entry based on wife.  Returned to our house in CM we have rented for the last 8 years.  Went to immigration the next day armed with rental agreement, signed copies of owners ID cards, TM-30 form, passport etc... to immigration next to the airport.  Was a number of people ahead of us but went quick.  Imm. Lady basically ignored all the docs, looked at my previous TM30 slip in my passport, asked if I am still at the same address which I replied yes.  She then stamped the TM30 slip and said, in the future, only need to bring the slip and my passport as long as I am living in the same place.  Each office have their particular procedures.  Best to call once you re-enter the country to see what the flavor of the day is.  Would have saved me a chunk of time and effort.  Hope all well with everyone.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Post one.

Also put context to your posts.

"..CW demanding for TM30s again" 

Demanding for what? 

Annual extensions?

90 day reports? 

30 day extension? 

Be specific.

Am I expected to go searching for every post from every member that’s recently reported their experience of having issues at CW over TM30s. Really? I think not.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Am I expected to go searching for every post from every member that’s recently reported their experience of having issues at CW over TM30s. Really? I think not.

I asked for one.

Bye. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If in the example I gave of someone ongoing living in Thailand with continuous permission of stay then TM30 is not required after overnight stays is other provinces and international exit reentry. 

Your example fits my circumstances. TM30 was asked for at CW despite no change to my living arrangements 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Your example fits my circumstances. TM30 was asked for at CW despite no change to my living arrangements 

Again provide details.

What (service) were you doing at CW that required you to provide a TM30.

People don't go to CW for the food court. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

People don't go to CW for the food court. 

Fascinating. 

“Again provide details.

What (service) were you doing at CW that required you to provide a TM30.”

A normal person having seen my comment would do their own research regarding their specific needs rather than expect someone to do it for them

Edited by Fairynuff
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Fascinating. 

Again provide details.

What (service) were you doing at CW that required you to provide a TM30.

A normal person having seen my comment would do their own research regarding their specific rather than expect someone to do it for them

Here is a few examples I posted earlier. 

"Demanding for what? 

Annual extensions?

90 day reports? 

30 day extension? 

Be specific." 

So what service did you attend CW immigration that required a TM30.

Simple question. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Here is a few examples I posted earlier. 

"Demanding for what? 

Annual extensions?

90 day reports? 

30 day extension? 

Be specific." 

So what service did you attend CW immigration that required a TM30.

Simple question. 

My simple comment to the OP was nothing more than a heads up to interested people that others have had some issues. I’m deeply sorry that that it’s not good enough for you but there it is. Now after repeating your same comments 4 times perhaps you should think about moving on to something else, that is after you have the predictable last word.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

My simple comment to the OP was nothing more than a heads up to interested people that others have had some issues

I haven't read one.

You cannot even state what you were doing at  CW that required you to provide a TM30. 

Personally my most recent 12 month extension last Nov.

Few weeks back 90 day report.

A certificate of residence. 

All at CW none required TM30.

Also recent trips to Oz and Saigon and trips in other provinces in Thailand.

No TM30 required. You are posting misinformation 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

3 year old thread !

You possibly didn't bother reading it.

The thread is concerning changes to TM30 rules.

That occured in 2020

Specifically para 2.2

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, flbkk said:

When I submitted my TM30 online, I received an automatically generated reply telling me to update the TM30.

I'm guessing you meant to say....

"When I submitted my TM47 [90-day report] online, I received an automatically generated reply telling me to update the TM30."  ???

I'm on a retirement extension of stay. And I did my last two 90 day reports online to BKK CW, and those both followed several domestic trips with hotel stays inside Thailand.

The two online reports were in early January and late March of this year. Both were routinely approved, and in neither case was there any issue about needing to update my TM30 (which was last filed in 2019 or so).

Of course, had the same home residence for the entire period of years here.

Also had a certificate of residence done in person at BKK CW earlier this spring, and no demand then about updating my TM30.

My last extension of stay was last fall at BKK CW, and likewise, no demand about updating my TM30 then.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

False information.

Required TM30 for what service?

I beg to differ with the one who (thinks he) knows better. In fact your trumpian denial of facts would lull people into a false sense of security if they took any notice of you.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I beg to differ with the one who (thinks he) knows better. In fact your trumpian denial of facts would lull people into a false sense of security if they took any notice of you.

Read the post above yours from TallGuyJohn.

I have exactly same experience.

3 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Hi all,  returned 3 weeks ago from the US entering Thailand in Chiang Mai under a new Non-O multiple entry based on wife.  Returned to our house in CM we have rented for the last 8 years.  Went to immigration the next day armed with rental agreement, signed copies of owners ID cards, TM-30 form, passport etc... to immigration next to the airport.  Was a number of people ahead of us but went quick.  Imm. Lady basically ignored all the docs, looked at my previous TM30 slip in my passport, asked if I am still at the same address which I replied yes.  She then stamped the TM30 slip and said, in the future, only need to bring the slip and my passport as long as I am living in the same place.  Each office have their particular procedures.  Best to call once you re-enter the country to see what the flavor of the day is.  Would have saved me a chunk of time and effort.  Hope all well with everyone.

But they still stamped and recorded the TM30 indicating that a visit was required?

Happened to me a couple of months ago, told the same thing as you were but they still insisted on seeing our rental agreement though no copies required.

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Read the post above yours from TallGuyJohn.

I have exactly same experience.

In what world does everyone have the same experience. Accept the fact that other people have had different experiences. They’re not lying just to get at you. What’s wrong with you? If you’re that desperate to know who had issues just search the forum. Now I’m off, your nonsense is tedious.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Thailand said:

But they still stamped and recorded the TM30 indicating that a visit was required?

Happened to me a couple of months ago, told the same thing as you were but they still insisted on seeing our rental agreement though no copies required.

Yes, still required but a slimmed down requirement.  After a border bounce, I will go in again with passport and rental agreement (no copies) only.

On 6/12/2023 at 2:39 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

There are current articles how immigration is arresting condo managers for not doing their TM-30's in a timely manner.

mind posting the article...curious

So I went 2 weeks ago for and EXT and asked the dude about this....he said the OLD TM30 would be fine if i had a YEARLY visa and not need to be updated..depends on VISA he said

since i leave for 6 months and return to SAME place he said i still need to UPDATE my TM30  

6 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So I went 2 weeks ago for and EXT and asked the dude about this....he said the OLD TM30 would be fine if i had a YEARLY visa and not need to be updated..depends on VISA he said

since i leave for 6 months and return to SAME place he said i still need to UPDATE my TM30  

As I posted to someone else, it was here on AseanNow over the last week or so. I'll let you do the search.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Did he tell you why?