Has the TM30 been scrapped?

10 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Guess what TM30 photo copy is not required if your hotel submitted and it is on the computer. So that could explain why people think TM30 copy is not required when it was actually submitted?

No.

It's very clear when a TM30 is required and when not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

If you are to be believed you can never enter visa exempt with a one-way ticket, can never get a 30 day extension without a copy of TM30 approval. Both are proven wrong by many people. 

I have seen many IO at Jomtien actually call hotel and get them to submit TM30 as applicant had no idea what was going on. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

To many IOs in various offices, and their customers. it does not appear to be either clear or consistent!

Edited by scottiejohn
spellimg

9 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Not many many IOs in various offices it is not!

"Many" ?

CM have ignored the rule change in 2020.

No doubt there are few others.

There are ~ 75 immigration offices.

I post according to what the majority require and what the actual rule states.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

If you are to be believed you can never enter visa exempt with a one-way ticket, can never get a 30 day extension without a copy of TM30 approval. Both are proven wrong by many people. 

I have seen many IO at Jomtien actually call hotel and get them to submit TM30 as applicant had no idea what was going on. 

Strange post.

First para implying that it's possible to obtain extension from visa exempt entry without TM30.

Then second para stating that io rings hotel to provide TM30.

Of course sometimes the io will skip the TM30 requirement for various services such as 30 day extensions.

Sure onward flights MAY NOT be required. 

That chit chat topic has been done to death. 

Edited by DrJack54

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I post according to what the majority require and what the actual rule states.

No!  You posted what the rules state. 

As I have said before I suggest you use words like "some" rather than "most" or "majority" etc when you do not have facts to back up your statements.

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

No!  You posted what the rules state. 

As I have said before I suggest you use words like "some" rather than "most" or "majority" etc when you do not have facts to back up your statements.

No. 

It definitely is most.

I pointed out CM being a rogue office on this matter.

Sad because lot of expats live there.

In threads similar to this one I have read few posts from folk in other provinces that where their immigration office is also not up to date. 

I deal with CW. They follow the law.

Which office do you deal with. 

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Of course sometimes the io will skip the TM30 requirement for various services such as 30 day extensions.

No I never said they would skip TM30, I said if done by hotel and it is on immigration computer applicant does not need to have a copy of TM30 so they might not even know they needed it

28 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

No I never said they would skip TM30, I said if done by hotel and it is on immigration computer applicant does not need to have a copy of TM30 so they might not even know they needed it

So all this aside...

If someone starts a thread...

"What are required docs for visa exempt entry extension.." 

What will be your post??

Mine will be: 

TM7 +Photo.

Basic photocopies of pp.

1900b 

##Screenshot of TM30 from condo where you are staying.

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So all this aside...

If someone starts a thread...

"What are required docs for visa exempt entry extension.." 

What will be your post??

Mine will be: 

TM7 +Photo.

Basic photocopies of pp.

1900b 

##Screenshot of TM30 from condo where you are staying.

Why you staying in a condo. Hotel does TM30 automatically so on immigration computer, so no need for screen shot / photocopy of TM30

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why you staying in a condo. Hotel does TM30 automatically so on immigration computer, so no need for screen shot / photocopy of TM30

I'm done.

You do not understand how TM30 works and what immigration require.

I was just about to edit my previous post with links to threads that would explain it for you. 

Forget that plan. 

There are many immigration offices that do a doc check.

You may not even get to second base without TM30 screenshot from condo for 30 day extension. 

BTW: Condo vs Hotel irrelevant. Both need to file a TM30 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

They don't need your passport number. They don't need your name written in English. They can use your pink id card number and they can use your name written in Thai script. Your pink id card number is obviously tied to your passport and english name in the immigration systems.

How do I know some hotels filed a TM30? Because I've seen my TM30 history which an immigration officer was kind enough to show me. Also I've been handed a TM30 receipt once.

And yet I’m still using the same TM30 despite having stayed in dozens of hotels. Oh well I’m sure you know best ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

And yet I’m still using the same TM30 despite having stayed in dozens of hotels. Oh well I’m sure you know best ????

Not sure what the purpose of your last sentence was but if an immigration office asks for a TM30 receipt then that could mean they are too lazy or incapable of looking up your TM30 info in the system because they should already have that info. It's immigration asking for something from immigration, think about it. I just can't see them accepting a TM30 receipt that is years old unless they really don't care and just want *something*. Also a lot of hotels do not submit TM30s, especially smaller ones. That's why we can read of crackdowns in areas like Phuket on hotels not doing them. I don't know what hotels you stayed at, maybe none filed TM30s. But you can't say that no hotels file TM30s, that's evidently wrong. So not sure what your actual point is.

On 6/12/2023 at 6:17 PM, eisfeld said:

You can't make general statements like that. It depends on who is considered the house master as the house master is the one who is obliged to file TM30 notices. That can be a condo manager or rental agent but doesn't have to be.

1. Section 4 of the Immigration Act defines the householder (เจ้าบ้าน),  in some documents published on the website of the Immigration Bureau also translated as house master, house-master, head of household, owner) as follows:

“Householder” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house,
whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever in accordance
with the law on civil registration.

2. Section 38 of the Immigration Act defines the person obliged to make the notification of the arrival of a foreigner (TM.30) as follows:

Section 38. The householder, the owner or the possessor of a dwelling
place or a hotel manager,...

Immigration offices generally allow in addition also the manager of the Condominium Juristic Person or a rental agent, to whom the owner of the condominium unit has given an apposite Power of Attorney, to make this notification.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Maestro said:

1. Section 4 of the Immigration Act defines the householder (เจ้าบ้าน),  in some documents published on the website of the Immigration Bureau also translated as house master, house-master, head of household, owner) as follows:

2. Section 38 of the Immigration Act defines the person obliged to make the notification of the arrival of a foreigner (TM.30) as follows:

Immigration offices generally allow in addition also the manager of the Condominium Juristic Person or a rental agent, to whom the owner of the condominium unit has given an apposite Power of Attorney, to make this notification.

Thanks for posting this supporting info. I've read through these laws in the past and that's why I remember it's the house master or house holder who has the responsibility to file TM30. It's never the responsibility of the guest who is staying. There is actually a seperate law (Section 37) that requires the guests to report to the local police station but that seems to be not enforced.

13 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Not sure what the purpose of your last sentence was but if an immigration office asks for a TM30 receipt then that could mean they are too lazy or incapable of looking up your TM30 info in the system because they should already have that info. It's immigration asking for something from immigration, think about it. I just can't see them accepting a TM30 receipt that is years old unless they really don't care and just want *something*. Also a lot of hotels do not submit TM30s, especially smaller ones. That's why we can read of crackdowns in areas like Phuket on hotels not doing them. I don't know what hotels you stayed at, maybe none filed TM30s. But you can't say that no hotels file TM30s, that's evidently wrong. So not sure what your actual point is.

My point is very simple. I use my pink card to check into hotels and that’s it. For some reason that encourages you to make a number of comments trying  to tell me I’m wrong, which I’m clearly not. No TM30 had been done, of that I’m certain. It’s your problem not mine. Find a better way to spend your day please.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2023 at 11:58 AM, DrJack54 said:

Don't see the point of your post.

I have stated often that CM is rogue on this matter.

There obviously will be some others. 

You typed that you returned with a new visa.

Then yes you would need to file a TM30.

If you had returned with reentry permit the TM30 would not be required. 

The point of my post is it is better to find out how your office interpret the rules and not rely on experience of other at different offices. You then went on to confirm that point and to repeat what I had already said in my post about having to submit a new TM30 because I returned with a different visa. So I don't see the point of your reply.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1