Has the TM30 been scrapped?

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No 

Fully explained and discussed in this attached thread.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

So I can assume that this thread from 2020 is still valid/up-to-date?

(I was a bit alarmed when coming across this "must read")

Made my first trip out of the country in October 2022 while on a Nonimmigrant "O" marriage using a reentry permit, still living in the same place for 6 years, my local Immigration Office insisted on a new TM30 being done when I got back. This was for the Nonthaburi Immigration office. I don't know if it had something to do with my last TM30 being done back in 2017, or not. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

This was for the Nonthaburi Immigration office.

That is a rogue office. 

Not the only one. 

With reentry permit there is No WAY you need to do a new TM30.

Just to demonstrate how ridiculous if you were were dealing with adjacent CW office a TM30 would not be required. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, digbeth said:

totally not the job of condo managers or letting agents, even if the co-owners of the condo that rents out room deputize the duty to the condo manager, the condo staff still can't be held liable for not doing the TM30

If the law says so, they can. But, maybe you know better

My rental agent did a few times before Covid. After Covid, I never did any TM30. So far so good. I don't have any need to go to the immigration office for any renewals or anything else. 90-Day is done by an agent also now if I sat more than 90-day. My place is the same. Immigration can always find me with the last TM30, they have in their file.

I don't live in perpetual anxiety in a country where a few thousand Bhat can solve most of the problems. And that's why I love Thailand. 

Never done one of these stupid things during my ten years living here and never had a problem.

Been up down and all around. In and out every little nook and cranny of this country.

There was only 1 time that I know of where a condo agent pursued this thing and I believe did it.

If it wasn't for this forum i wouldn't even know it existed. I imagine 90% of foreign people in Thailand have no idea also.

How would anyone know about it if Thai authorities don't tell people?

Or did I miss some fine print somewhere during the entry process.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bangkok immigration now requires new TM30 if you have stayed at a hotel elsewhere in Thailand. They have cross referenced the TM30 and the 90 day reporting computer systems. Your 90 day report will be refused otherwise. I did mine in person recently after moving to another room (same building and landlord). When I submitted my TM30 online, I received an automatically generated reply telling me to update the TM30. The landlord submitted it online, and i then was able to complete my 90 day report. They are ignoring the law, they don’t care. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

There have been numerous reports recently about CW demanding TM30s again.

Your post has no context or relevance

Yes if dealing with CW with (for example) on a visa exempt entry and requiring a 30 day extension then yes a TM30 would be required.

If in the example I gave of someone ongoing living in Thailand with continuous permission of stay then TM30 is not required after overnight stays is other provinces and international exit reentry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, flbkk said:

Bangkok immigration now requires new TM30 if you have stayed at a hotel elsewhere in Thailand.

Absolute nonsense. 

In your case you changed address.

Yes a TM30 is required for change of address.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flbkk said:

I did mine in person recently after moving to another room (same building and landlord).

I've experienced exactly the same scenario. 

The issue of whether you need to present a new TM30 when you move within the exact same apartments to a different room causes friction within the immigration police.

If you telephone the immigration police they will tell you it is not a requirement, but there are officers who will say it is a requirement. This has been the case since the immigration officers presented a notice requiring the TM30 for extensions to visas in around 2020.

My impression is that it has relaxed again.

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

When I stay in a hotel I check in with my Pink Card so no TM30 is done.

Nothing to do with it, all about hotel policy, they either just check ID or also report to immigration.

A few years back immigration had a purge on hotel reporting and at that time most hotels towed the line and pick cards were not accepted, had to be passport so they could copy permission to stay stamp. I had a few issues with reception staff that didn't know what an extension stamp was, only familiar with an entry stamp.

Fortunately that has eased off and many hotels have gone back to just ID check with the pink card being more readily accepted.

21 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Nothing to do with it, all about hotel policy, they either just check ID or also report to immigration.

A few years back immigration had a purge on hotel reporting and at that time most hotels towed the line and pick cards were not accepted, had to be passport so they could copy permission to stay stamp. I had a few issues with reception staff that didn't know what an extension stamp was, only familiar with an entry stamp.

Fortunately that has eased off and many hotels have gone back to just ID check with the pink card being more readily accepted.

Everything to do with staying in a hotel and not going through the TM30 system. Never failed me yet.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Your post has no context or relevance

Yes if dealing with CW with (for example) on a visa exempt entry and requiring a 30 day extension then yes a TM30 would be required.

If in the example I gave of someone ongoing living in Thailand with continuous permission of stay then TM30 is not required after overnight stays is other provinces and international exit reentry. 

There have been numerous reports recently about CW demanding for TM30s again.

2 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

There have been numerous reports recently about CW demanding for TM30s again.

Post one.

Also put context to your posts.

"..CW demanding for TM30s again" 

Demanding for what? 

Annual extensions?

90 day reports? 

30 day extension? 

Be specific.

Edited by DrJack54