London METV (e-visa?)

Have an acquaintance In England wanting to spend about six months in Thailand.  The embassy website is unclear, with dead links and unanswered questions.   So I'll ask here.

An e-visa SETV allows for one 60-day stay.  Can that be extended an additional 30 days at immigration?

Is the e-visa METV available at the London embassy?  The website did not specifically say it was, only that METV fees would not be refunded if an SETV was issued.

Can each entry on an e-visa METV be extended an additional 30 days at immigration?

I suppose he could do the visa waiver + 30-day extension three times, fly in once, plus a couple day trips to Vientianne.

Thank you for any and all advice.

8 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

An e-visa SETV allows for one 60-day stay.  Can that be extended an additional 30 days at immigration?

Yes.

8 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Is the e-visa METV available at the London embassy?

Yes

9 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Can each entry on an e-visa METV be extended an additional 30 days at immigration?

Yes

9 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

I suppose he could do the visa waiver + 30-day extension three times, fly in once, plus a couple day trips to Vientianne.

Yes. However better to fly Bangkok to Udon Thani and do two border visa exempt entries.

6 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Is the e-visa METV available at the London embassy?  The website did not specifically say it was, only that METV fees would not be refunded if an SETV was issued.

Ensure you meet the criteria, not as simple as a SETV