Cambodian PM Welcomes Thailand’s Affirmation Not to Repatriate Cambodian Workers

snoop1130

9d09425288d18d1bb23a01a601e5b6b9_small.jpg

(AKP) - Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, has welcomed the information confirming that the Thai side had no intention to repatriate Cambodian migrant workers, but would further facilitate their stay in Thailand.

The Cambodian Premier shared his concern-free while holding a get-together with some 18,000 workers and employees in Kampong Chhnang province this morning.

“I would like to welcome the information I received from the Kingdom of Thailand. I previously expressed my concern about Thailand’s Move Forward Party’s intention to expel Lao and Cambodian migrant workers from Thailand [...]. Yesterday we have made it clear that there was no such intention, but they will further facilitate [their stay], so we are no longer worried about the repatriation of our migrant workers in Thailand,” he said.

There are about 1.2 million Cambodian workers in Thailand.

On the occasion, Samdech Techo Hun Sen reiterated the necessity of his reaction to any expel or dismissal or loss of benefits of Cambodian workers abroad.

For Cambodia, he further called for attention from factory employers to their workers, including the foreign ones, saying that once they have good health with incentive and pleasure, they will contribute to good production.

By Werawan Boonmee

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230613115811368

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-06-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“I would like to welcome the information I received from the Kingdom of Thailand. I previously expressed my concern about Thailand’s Move Forward Party’s intention to expel Lao and Cambodian migrant workers from Thailand [...]. Yesterday we have made it clear that there was no such intention, but they will further facilitate [their stay], so we are no longer worried about the repatriation of our migrant workers in Thailand,” he said

Which was mis-information to help de-rail the election and lose him valuable votes.

Well, I call it neo-slavery. Most Cambodians (like Burmese and Laotians) work here illegally, some of the Burmese even paperless as they fled from the genocide across the border. 

Too many Thai businesses benefit of the status-quo by running their businesses with neo-slaves, latter without legal protection, insurance or minimum salaries - exploitable to the very end. 

The reference to MFP would have to verified by MFP directly; what the media carried/carries at the moment is a subjective wrong position and does not reflect MFP's views on the subject. Is it dinosaur Hun Sen doing his brethren in the West a verbal favour?