Moving residence.

I understand that if you move to another residence for a day or two that the Immigration have to be informed. What is the procedure if you move permanently to another residence.  At the moment I am living with my Thai wife in a house that we built but of course it is in my wife's name. So my wife has to be involved when I renew my extention of stay.

Now we are moving to a house that is rented in my wife's name. So we now have a landlord. I guess a trip to the new Immigration is needed but do we need to get documents from the landlord or can my wife accompany me with the lease document? Also do we need to inform our present Immigration office or our planned move.

Thanks in advance for your helpfull replies.

2 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

At the moment I am living with my Thai wife in a house that we built but of course it is in my wife's name. So my wife has to be involved when I renew my extension of stay.

So am I, but the Mrs has never been involved with Extensions, ever. She did a TM30 10 years ago, which I carry in my passport and that's it.

You will need to do a TM30 for change of address.

That can be do by you with couple of basic docs from landlord or he can file a TM30 and provide you with screenshot.

Do you have a rental agreement.

That would be handy.

Personally I would attend your new immigration office as some have their own "variations"

In case of Jomtien IO: How is the procedure if I move from a rented condo where my wife stays together with me now to her new house which is as well in Chonburi. She has a Blue Book already but has not acutally moved in yet. She will move first then I will move after my next extension to simplify matters.

She mentioned that I would get a Yellow Book, but I am not sure if this is true. How could she file a TM30 if there is no document saying that I really stay at the new adress ? I am not renting from her so no rental contract. Or is her word and signature enough on the TM30 application for me ? Was there not another document only meant for adress change as well ?

if you still have access to the old house, and she has the documents to be the housemaster to that place already and can do TM30 herself, and you continue to use your current immigration office for your reporting/extension there is no need to let immigration know that you have moved, unless you'll be using immigration office closer to the new place

8 minutes ago, moogradod said:

She will move first then I will move after my next extension to simplify matters.

Don't follow how that simplifies matters.

Do a TM30 change of address.

You do not need to wait for next extension. 

13 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

I understand that if you move to another residence for a day or two that the Immigration have to be informed. What is the procedure if you move permanently to another residence.  At the moment I am living with my Thai wife in a house that we built but of course it is in my wife's name. So my wife has to be involved when I renew my extention of stay.

Now we are moving to a house that is rented in my wife's name. So we now have a landlord. I guess a trip to the new Immigration is needed but do we need to get documents from the landlord or can my wife accompany me with the lease document? Also do we need to inform our present Immigration office or our planned move.

#1 - I presume that your current Permit to stay is based on a Non Imm O Visa (marriage), and yes in that case your wife needs to accompany you when you apply for 1-year extensions of stay based on that original Non Imm O Visa (marriage). 

#2 - When you move to a different address you need to inform the local Imm Office that your address has changed.  This is done by providing them with a TM-30 and/or the underlying documents that allow Immigration to process the 'change of address'.  

That TM-30 notification can be done by the 'housemaster' or 'possessor' of the premises. 

If your landlord does it, he has to provide a copy of the house-book and a signed front-back copy of his Thai ID-card and stating that you - a foreigner - is staying at the premises (using the TM-30 form). 

Your wife can also do it as 'tenant' of the premises, and in that case she needs to provide a copy of the rental agreement to local Immigration, and stating that you - a foreigner - is staying at the premises. 

The above process can be done on-line using the IO TM-30 website, but it is recommended that you - accompanied by your wife or the landlord - do it in person at the local Imm Office, as it would not be a temporary stay for you but a change of your official address.

Note that the regulations re TM-30 notification stipulate that this needs to be done within 24 hours of the foreigner (you) arriving at the premises.  Most Imm Offices are relaxed on that issue and have no problem when it is done within 1-2 weeks after arrival, but as this is Thailand, there is the occasional rogue Imm Office that would fine the landlord or yourself for not having done it 'in time'. 

Edited by Red Phoenix