Non B visa from Phuket

The obvious place to go is still Penang. The problem is the extreme crowds often encountered there. If you do not mind queuing well before the consulate opens, that would be my suggestion. If the application does not need to be immediate, another decent option would be to make an appointment and apply in Vientiane.

• Thumbs Up 1

Depend if you have an exemption visa(30 days) or a tourist visa or even better a non Im. However.. if any of the latter you do not have to leave the country. Replace bangkok from my cut and paste to phuket also. Its possible.

Requirements and procedures:

Can I change tourist visa to non-B visa in Thailand?

International Relations Office: Changing Visa Status. Foreigners who have been holding tourist visa coming to Thailand can notify to change from tourist visa to Non-Ed (for educational purposes), or Non-B (for working). They have to proceed their changing visa status in person at the Immigration Bereau in Bangkok.
Edited by paahlman

7 hours ago, paahlman said:
Depend if you have an exemption visa(30 days) or a tourist visa or even better a non Im. However.. if any of the latter you do not have to leave the country. Replace bangkok from my cut and paste to phuket also. Its possible.

Requirements and procedures:

Can I change tourist visa to non-B visa in Thailand?

International Relations Office: Changing Visa Status. Foreigners who have been holding tourist visa coming to Thailand can notify to change from tourist visa to Non-Ed (for educational purposes), or Non-B (for working). They have to proceed their changing visa status in person at the Immigration Bereau in Bangkok.

At one time (well over a decade ago) the change in visa status could only be done in Bangkok. For a time, it was Bangkok or some other major immigration offices. For a long time, it has been possible to do it at any immigration office. The application is taken under consideration and sent to division headquarters for endorsement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 6:32 AM, BritTim said:

At one time (well over a decade ago) the change in visa status could only be done in Bangkok. For a time, it was Bangkok or some other major immigration offices. For a long time, it has been possible to do it at any immigration office. The application is taken under consideration and sent to division headquarters for endorsement.

Makes sense..