Immigration Bureau Chief says he’s preparing for a possible return of Thaksin who faces arrest

webfact

11 hours ago, brianthainess said:

What Country's Passport will he travel on, Montego's, Nicaragua's ,  or what? He holds up to about 6 different ones,:unsure::coffee1: :unsure:

You have to enter your citizenship nation on that same passport, and that applies everywhere. UK/US/Australia/Thailand. 

I know a Thai who came in on his US Citizenship, extremely stupid (his only reason was face!????)

Of course, he had to get a retirement visa, 90 day report the whole farang tyrrany thing!

Tiring of this after being fined frequently for missing his 90 day reports, he flew to Singapore as an American and returned next day as a Thai, well the dip hit the fan then! 

Detained, interrogated, fined some more! 

Why they never picked him up prior, given he was a Thai speaking fluent Thai at immigration, and with all the paperwork we submit, and with that paperwork and his US Passport saying he was born in BANGKOK is a mystery to me! 

TiT immigration. 

Edited by chalawaan
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

I would love to see this motor-mouth shackles and scrubs. 

He was never for the poor, he just was the first to realise his baht went a lot further by bribing them directly, via healthcare etc. instead of the usual village standover men. 

True, there was enormous good from that, but he is still a toady, even though the elites were too stupid to love him back, now they're really up the creek as a result! 

But like most leaders here he has innocent blood on his hands too.  

Most of all his arrogance that he's too big to collar. 

Indeed.

The Shinawatras, and their circle, have always been deeply associated with the establishment ruling elite. 

Nothing more, nothing less. Though, one might say they were/are a different branch of the ruling classes.....

The degradation that was put upon them and their types was all part of the show.....political theatre, if you might. 

Those deluded masses that can't see the difference should be pitied for their ignorance and common perceptions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's what I think MAY be going on...

The flour seller Promprow, a govt fixer of note, was sent to visit him, we know this because he Promprow was photographed in the EK lounge at swampy. 

I think the plan is for Taksin to be "fake" arrested, and this arrest supposedly used as a "hostage" tactic to force Pheu Thai to renounce Move Forward, and go with the army losers. 

This coalition of the cursed will be unanimously approved by the military senate, Prawit then installed as PM by same senate, and Taksin then immediately released on good behaviour.

If he's under house arrest, that's your red flag he is involved in something close to my hunch. 

Let's see how close my theory is as this plays out. 

• Confused 1

On 6/16/2023 at 9:13 AM, MrMojoRisin said:

He is 74, been in exile for 17 years and is clearly homesick. There is no mystery here for anyone who is not a junta loving, anti democracy Thaksin obsessive.

I'm no establishment fanboi, nor do I claim to be a scholar of Thai politics, but anyone who has been here long enough for a coup or three knows this stinks of high-level horsetrading shenanigans.

His family are free to visit him every weekend if they wish, he can eat authentic Thai food prepared by a chef, he has more than enough dosh for all that and more. 

This is a cunning plan of Blackadder proportions, wait and see! 

On 6/16/2023 at 7:12 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Because obviously it's all about him and not about the grandchildren.

But the gullible Thaksin fanboys will love the story of the caring grandfather. He always wanted to be portrayed as the selfless supporter of the poor and innocent...

And we all know what you are supporting 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

I'm no establishment fanboi, nor do I claim to be a scholar of Thai politics, but anyone who has been here long enough for a coup or three knows this stinks of high-level horsetrading shenanigans.

His family are free to visit him every weekend if they wish, he can eat authentic Thai food prepared by a chef, he has more than enough dosh for all that and more. 

This is a cunning plan of Blackadder proportions, wait and see! 

Now that he has a chance of receiving a fair trial, he is coming home to spend time with the grandkids…, no cunning plan, just common sense decision making.

17 hours ago, sidneybear said:

He's got lots of dosh, so he'll bribe his jailers for a nice life.

Lots of dosh - yes indeed and good luck to him. In one business deal in 2008 when he sold Manchester City Football Club (UK) to  Arab buyers he made a LOT of cash:

Outgoing Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra stands to make a profit of more than £50million when the sale of the club to Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan finally goes through today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1060029/50million-That-8217-s-Thaksin-Shinawatra-selling-Manchester-City-mega-rich-Arabs.html

14 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Here's what I think MAY be going on...

The flour seller Promprow, a govt fixer of note, was sent to visit him, we know this because he Promprow was photographed in the EK lounge at swampy. 

I think the plan is for Taksin to be "fake" arrested, and this arrest supposedly used as a "hostage" tactic to force Pheu Thai to renounce Move Forward, and go with the army losers. 

This coalition of the cursed will be unanimously approved by the military senate, Prawit then installed as PM by same senate, and Taksin then immediately released on good behaviour.

If he's under house arrest, that's your red flag he is involved in something close to my hunch. 

Let's see how close my theory is as this plays out. 

If Thaksin has intention to ever return to Thailand then having PTP joining a MF coalition willl rule it out forever. PTP have no intention of joining MF coaiition but because they did not win the election they need to pretend they do. The plan was always to form a coalition with Prawit and Bhumjumthai...

I think they are waiting for something to happen to give them the excuse to leave MF and form another coalition. I think maybe there is some infighting inside PTP with perhaps the younger generation wanting to go with MF, and understanding if they back out then they will be killing their election chances going forward- whereas the old corrupt dinosaurs who up to a few months ago were in PPRP.

One way or another i agree with you, but personally i think Anutin will be given the PM seat. MF is far far more troublesome for the powers than Thaksin. Thaksin is always ready for a deal and at the end of the day he is one of them.