Thailand News - 'Central' goes too far with Kid’s Pride event, good economic news : Tim Newton Today - June 16

webfact

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

This isn't about predation or grooming. 

That's just part of a right wing fear mongering agenda that has nothing to do with reality.

Nowt to do the the right wing, but everything to do with protecting kids

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

These events are what saves many children from suicide. Would you rather have a trans child or a dead child? 

hmm how did these children survive 20 years ago? Never heard of children suicide 20 years ago.....

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wouldn't have done that event if I was Central.

Corporations are looking for good PR not to inflame controversy.

But the core idea of messaging to LGBTQ youth who do certainly exist that their lives have value is excellent and fair minded people should support it.

No matter what opinion someone has, Central is a shopping mall and they should not do controversial social or political topics....Neither these I agree with nor these I don't agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It is nothing of the kind.

Ageee to disagree.

I'm genuinely curious, because I can't fathom how your mind works: if children should have access to the adult realm of sexuality, do you support abolishing the age of consent and allowing children to go out and get drunk?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

That's a fact. Even the bottle of mouthwash I bought a while back had pride stuff all over it. What on earth for? 

Marketing people are so hooked on the latest woke fads that they don't care about alienating half of their customers. Bud Light and Gillette come to mind. 

Fully agree.....

I am terrible sorry that I don't drink Bud Light, because I would like to boycott it....
I absolute don't need some pride advertising for a beer....I also don't need some less disturbing topics on advertisement of beer. They can tell me something how it taste or if it has a new flavor, but I don't need women, real one or fake one in bath tubes on my beer. I would also not want conservative christian values....I may not notice such a promotion but still when I look for a beer I want a beer and not some social engineering

Gillette: on ebay you can find original Gillette cartridges for India, only sale inside India allowed....you can order them there in India for much cheaper than in Thailand, so at least they make less profit on you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There's that woke thing again.

So according to you LGBTQ civil rights are woke thus bad?

Can you even define woke?

All good and OK with adults, but not for children.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Agreed. It's a shame that the LGBTQIA rights movement has been infiltrated by a minority of paedophiles, who go after other people's children and smear concerned parents as "far right".

That's a completely false representation of reality. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1