Thai Consulate, Vientiane closed on 20th July?

Was looking at booking an appointment for a TR visa on 19th and noticed there is no option to book on Thursday 20th. All other Thursdays seem to have slots available.

Just concerned if they are closed on the Thursday it may take an extra working day to process the visa and I'd be stuck there until Monday? 

Could anyone shed any light on this?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, that means it will take an extra day. If you leave application on the 19th, you will collect on the 21st. If it is closed, that will say. As for the calendar above it looks like you have booked 19th of July.

Edited by Gottfrid

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, that means it will take an extra day. If you leave application on the 19th, you will collect on the 21st. If it is closed, that will say. As for the calendar above it looks like you have booked 19th of July.

Normally it takes 2 business days. If he applies on the 19th, collection would be on the 21th. But with an extra day, it will be the 22nd.

7 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Normally it takes 2 business days. If he applies on the 19th, collection would be on the 21th. But with an extra day, it will be the 22nd.

Ok, I see that now. Wrong of me. Missed it. When they changed that?

10 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Yeah but 22nd is a Saturday so would have to wait until Monday 24th I guess :bah:

47 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

It is Thursday this year. Check the calendar, not this crappy paper which screwed up days of week.

I assume you're talking about Thursday 22 June whereby OP seems to be talking about appointment on Thursday 20 July (which is a holiday) and 22nd is therefor a Saturday as stated

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Damm, I was about to apply for a visa next week, but they don't work on the 28th either, which will add up to processing time. Will come back visa exempt then.

The 2nd post says holiday 28 July, not next week.

Note when I did my appointment in May there was a 9 day lead time for appointment

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I assume you're talking about Thursday 22 June whereby OP seems to be talking about appointment on Thursday 20 July (which is a holiday) and 22nd is therefor a Saturday as stated

Damm, you're right. I almost got screwed up haha.

Why not go to Savannakhet? No need to book. A long road trip, but the highway is straight and empty and new for the last two hours, and SVK is quite pleasant with your SO in tow, they are affordable to bring on a road trip and can help drive and translate over the border. (Park your car under cover at border post 200 baht)

The buses are not worth the risk no matter how cheap they are!

Edited by chalawaan
  • Haha 1