How to get a Yellow House Book ?

45 minutes ago, Robin said:

Did this some years ago, so now from memory.

First get poof that you live at house;  photo outside with PYB, endorsed by local Amphur office and PYB.

The take all local documents to BKK and get your birth cert. and marriage cert. officially translated into Thai, and endorsed as genuine by your embassy.

Take all document to Immigration office in BKK, ( way out of town,)

This I/O will know what you now need to do, o follow their instructions.

Wait 1 about  week.

Return to I/O and collect your yellow book.

Returnhome and proudly show your new Document....

WOFTAM in my opinion.

Your description differs tremendously in terms of complexity from any other testimonial. Especially the part "BIrth Certificate and Marriage Certificate endorsed as genuine by your embassy". I have a translated Marriage Certificate (we married in Switzerland) but not even sure where I could find my birth certificate.

If you are right, then this is WOFTAM per square. Sometime later this year I will move from our condo to the new house of my wife. Then she would file a TM30 with Jomtien Immigration and that's it. The TM30 would then serve as my proof of residence (maybe for getting a Residence Cert. for extension of driving license etc. ) or for what ever I would need that.

1 minute ago, roo860 said:

Don't you need a residence certificate to get one? I did.

That and they wanted to see my Visa class, and have my passport translated to Thai, but that was now over 10 years ago.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

That and they wanted to see my Visa class, and have my passport translated to Thai, but that was now over 10 years ago.

I NEVER had to translate my passport to Thai in my 48 year history of travelling and staying in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Your description differs tremendously in terms of complexity from any other testimonial. Especially the part "BIrth Certificate and Marriage Certificate endorsed as genuine by your embassy".

This mostly matches what I remember we were told by the Translator who did this for myself and my Thai wife (where translator had limited Power of Attorney (PoA) to do this on my wife and my behalf), ... except that I don't recall having to send a copy of my Birth Certificate. Rather a copy of my passport (as proof of my identity/citizenship) was required.

Edit: According to the translator, Translation of my Passport was needed for Thai foreign affairs office in Bangkok, so that was included as part of the translator's services.   I also had a Canadian friend (with a Thai wife) do this themselves last year (ie go to translator, Canadian embassy, and Thai foreign affairs office) in Bangkok, and a translation of the Canadian passport (to Thai language) was needed.

Edited by oldcpu

2 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

This most matches what we were told by the Translator who did this for myself and my Thai wife (where translator had limited PoA to do this on my wife and my behalf), ... except that I don't recall having to send a copy of my Birth Certificate. Rather a copy of my passport (as proof of my identity/citizenship) was required.

A copy of passport is practically required for everything. But no need to visit the embassy for that. It was my country of birth that issued this document ! I find it rather strange if they would have to confirm that they did that.

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Mine as well, 18yrs ago, Chiang Mai. 

8 minutes ago, moogradod said:

A copy of passport is practically required for everything. But no need to visit the embassy for that. It was my country of birth that issued this document ! I find it rather strange if they would have to confirm that they did that.

I also found the Canadian embassy visit strange - but I think it was more for the embassy to verify that my Canadian marriage certificate (of both my wife and myself) was 'legit'.  < unsure > ...  I also now recollect that the Translator had to translate both my passport and the Canadian marriage certificate, for the Thai foreign affairs.  It was also bizarre (for me) that a translation of my passport was needed.

A Canadian friend, recently went through the same in Bangkok last year, where they had to have both his Canadian marriage certificate (to his Thai wife) and  have his passport translated Thai.  He had to go to the Canadian embassy with his marriage certificate and obtain some sort of certified copy (?) from them.  I can no longer recall the details.  Again - my understanding is the embassy visit was for the marriage certificate certification - not for the passport.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Your description differs tremendously in terms of complexity from any other testimonial. Especially the part "BIrth Certificate and Marriage Certificate endorsed as genuine by your embassy". I have a translated Marriage Certificate (we married in Switzerland) but not even sure where I could find my birth certificate.

In some circumstances, like if you are going for citizenship,  you must add your parents names onto the book. I was asked for a copy of my parents' passports and my birth Certificate legalized in the UK, stamped by the Thai Embassy in London, translated then verified by MoFA in BKK.

Because some foreigners need to do this, some staff may mistakenly ask all for this, especially if they are after some extra money, to then bypass this annoying, expensive exercise. 

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

In some circumstances, like if you are going for citizenship,  you must add your parents names onto the book. I was asked for a copy of my parents' passports and my birth Certificate legalized in the UK, stamped by the Thai Embassy in London, translated then verified by MoFA in BKK.

Because some foreigners need to do this, some staff may mistakenly ask all for this, especially if they are after some extra money, to then bypass this annoying, expensive exercise. 

:cheesy: My God, are you lucky to have all this behind you. I could anyway not apply for citizenship (no working ever) and most probably I would have bitten the dust before everything was finished anyway.

My parents passports ? They are both dead. But most probably they would ask for death certificates then, legalized by some British Authority ???? Legalization of your BC in your country of birth ? ... and then stamped by the Thai Embassy in London ? Did you need to hire a lawyer to do this for you ? Or could you organize this all from within the UK ?

Lucky you however you did it.

Just now, moogradod said:

My parents passports ? They are both dead. But most probably they would ask for death certificates then, legalized by some British Authority ???? Legalization of your BC in your country of birth ? ... and then stamped by the Thai Embassy in London ? Did you need to hire a lawyer to do this for you ? Or could you organize this all from within the UK ?

Can't think what a lawyer could have done.  I did it all myself, pretty straightforward, although the BC people did forget to send it to the Thai Embassy so I had to post it back to them.

Sent BC to a translation place in Bkk, who sent it to the MoFA.

On 6/19/2023 at 7:29 AM, Neeranam said:

You are talking about different things. 

No, answer to OP's: "I have house built in Suphan Buri District,  my wife has the house registered in her name and has the blue book,    so my question is,  can I have the house registered in my name..."

On 6/19/2023 at 7:24 AM, Neeranam said:

no, the tessabaan are responsible for the maintenance of roads, land etc. Also to provide services like water, power, drainage, garbage, etc. 

The Amphur issue housebooks. 

Amazing Thailand; same-same, but different: Where I live I need to go to the tessa ban-office to get building permission and house book, and to the amphor-office to get an ID-card – however, need a letter from tessa ban, as I'm an alien – and to pay my income tax, but not property tax, that's to be done at the tessa ban's revenue office...:whistling:

Tessa ban also takes care of maintenance etc., which was not relevant to mention here; however electrical supply is done by PEA (Provincial Electricity Authority).

To say it simple: Tessa ban takes care og local things, like building permissions, house book registration, local supply and maintenance; Amphor takes care of nationwide stuff like ID-registration, income tax and Social Security..

13 minutes ago, khunPer said:

To say it simple: Tessa ban takes care og local things, like building permissions, house book registration, local supply and maintenance; Amphor takes care of nationwide stuff like ID-registration, income tax and Social Security..

So you say that the Yellow Book is issued by the Tessaban without having visited the Amphoe beforehand. But once you have the Yellow Book you can apply for a Pink ID at the Ampoe. Did I understand that correctly ?

And this applies as well to Chonburi, Tambon Pong or Pattaya and not only to Koh Samui (where everything might be much more "concentrated", maybe even in one building) ?

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Amazing Thailand; same-same, but different: Where I live I need to go to the tessa ban-office to get building permission and house book, and to the amphor-office to get an ID-card – however, need a letter from tessa ban, as I'm an alien – and to pay my income tax, but not property tax, that's to be done at the tessa ban's revenue office...:whistling:

Which province is this? 

7 hours ago, moogradod said:

So you say that the Yellow Book is issued by the Tessaban without having visited the Amphoe beforehand. But once you have the Yellow Book you can apply for a Pink ID at the Ampoe. Did I understand that correctly ?

And this applies as well to Chonburi, Tambon Pong or Pattaya and not only to Koh Samui (where everything might be much more "concentrated", maybe even in one building) ?

That is correct, but you need a document/letter from tessa ban to bring to the amphor, when applying for a pink ID-card for aliens.

And it's the same other places, but tessa ban and amphor might physically be in same location, so it might be percepted as two departments in the same district office.