Can anyone recommend an over the counter sleeping pill?

Kenny202

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Wow. Tried some high-quality, very expensive CBD Oil last year and didn't sleep a wink. Where do you get it and what dosage? 

Got it from Lazada, Bht 773 for 10ml @ 4%. 2-3 drops morning and night makes me sleep OK, but no other effects on pain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PPMMUU said:

There are several first-generation antihistamines that have sleepiness as a side effect. Personally, I find the sleep induced by these medications is not fulfilling. However, you may try them, provided that the medication does not interfere with other medication. It is impossible for anyone to tell if there is any interference if you cannot disclose the other medication.

Just type all your meds in this site and do an interaction check. I have never seen a pharmacy do this, and it's absolutely necessary if one is mixing meds. Some of the local meds are not in their data base because they only include drugs that are FDA approved; however, one can Google the local drug and find an equivalent brand drug from the USA to enter into the interaction checker. 

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Your wife is already taking medication.  You should talk to a pharmacist for recommendations.  To prevent drug interactions and possibly harmful side effects. 
Taking general recommendations is a risk. 

Talk to a pharmacist or doctor? The same doctor sent her home with hand full's of Benzos and no instruction or warnings on use or addictiveness of the drug? Or the same pharmacist gave her 100 Anti depressant pills (to help sleep) yesterday that would have definitely clashed with her meds and wouldn't have worked anyway. Didn't even have the name of the meds or mg on the pack. I would rather check myself on Google

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Got it from Lazada, Bht 773 for 10ml @ 4%. 2-3 drops morning and night makes me sleep OK, but no other effects on pain.

I don't know what you bought but there is no way you could take 3 drops of the stuff we got, one night I made the mistake of putting 2 drops on my tongue, I didn't do that again, I did wake up to go to the toilet feeling my way around the bedroom to get there, 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Do you have a link as I am unable to get any cbd or hemp oil in the search function on Lazada. Can be by PM if you want

Sominar - just take half and you will sleep like a baby for 7-9 hours. Taking the whole thing made me so sleepy the whole day. However, it's an antihistamine. No sleeping pill ever worked for me. Surprisingly, a good warm ginger tea(sorry for the mommy stuff;p) knocks me off in less than an hour.

16 hours ago, dddave said:

Dramamine, nominally for motion sickness has always been a dependable sleep aid for me with virtually no side effects, no morning fuzzies.

This.
My doctor recommended a tablet for motion sickness called Dizinil. He said it was regularly used as a sleep aid.
However...I'd make sure with a doctor that it did not have any side effects when combined with whatever medication your dear wife is on.
In addition, a friend of mine when on a long-haul flight, takes two paracetamol with a glass of red wine, and he's out for hours.

Edited by FreddieMercury

48 minutes ago, jumbo said:

Do you have a link as I am unable to get any cbd or hemp oil in the search function on Lazada. Can be by PM if you want

I had no problem. Search CBD and loads came up.

58 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I don't know what you bought but there is no way you could take 3 drops of the stuff we got, one night I made the mistake of putting 2 drops on my tongue, I didn't do that again, I did wake up to go to the toilet feeling my way around the bedroom to get there, 

CBD does not normally have that dis-orientation effect. Maybe yours was high in THC.

What make is yours please?

16 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Why would you ask so many personal questions, assuming your are not a doctor. I think I was very specific. If you don't know, better to move on than post a bunch of rhetorical unhelpful stuff .....trying to appear that you are "in the know"  

If the medication is causing her insomnia then its name is the most essential question that can be asked.

If you are sensitive about discussing it, then Google "<medicine name> WIKI" and find any paragraphs mentioning insomnia or sleep problems, then post them here without the medicine's name. If you see a generic name, then better to wiki that.

• Like 1

Antihistamines only work for a short time. Not over the counter (in Cambodia still OTC) ,but a hospital will prescribe ,is Zolpidem.No drowsiness in the morning. A lot less addictive than benzos, Half a tablet should be enough. Tolerance builds up much more slowly than with sedatives.Don't take it every night.Every other  night, and it might give you some relief for a long time .

17 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I work offshore, on rotation. 

When I was on the rig, 20 years ago, at times I was asked by my supervisor to go to sleep and come back to the office next 12 hour shift, they didn't need me for that shift. 

I'd have to take proper medication to get sufficient rest. 

When I first arrived in Thailand you could buy the proper stuff over the counter, xanax, valium, serapack and diazepam over the counter but sadly too many foreigners with mental health issues were killing themselves, they only sell the soft stuff over the counter now.

Depends on the pharmacy. I get all the stuff you memtioned over the countet

Melatonin is over the counter these days, for me had mild contribution to better sleep.

CBD oil, I found it helps take the edge off things a bit and did sleep better.  Start low dosage then follow instructions to find your level. No, word is its not physically addictive. Its still a bit pricey and does not seem to have come down in price from the original stores selling, bloom was where I got mine but others available but if first time maybe pay the extra.

Flower, I tend to smoke it which you mentioned was not a preference. This got the best results I've had, problem is I have not labeled all my flower and some flower has the opposite effect, you'd need to research and experiment to see which works for you.

Someone else mentioned the pain relief some flower also offers, again its a strain choice thing but I have experienced this. As the physical senses dull a bit this can also dull the need to go pee during the night which in turn can also contribute to a better nights sleep.

I've not tried edibles, need an experienced buddy looking after me before I do.

Addressing any anxiety in life can perhaps work better for sleep than the consumables, but not always possible.

• Love It 1

16 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Not a chance.

You would end up wearing diapers or wetting the bed.

I get up because I have to pee.

(Enlarged prostate pushing against the bladder.)

Interesting, people haven't specified before if they didn't get up they'd wet the bed, gave the impression it just woke them up to go to the toilet

19 hours ago, dddave said:

Dramamine, nominally for motion sickness has always been a dependable sleep aid for me with virtually no side effects, no morning fuzzies.

Yeah, helps me . On planes too. I have some funny dreaming as a side. Almost had sex with a big boobed MILF last sleep but unfortunately woke up before the action started.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

CBD does not normally have that dis-orientation effect. Maybe yours was high in THC.

What make is yours please?

What would you call "high in THC"?   10mg?  or higher?