Can anyone recommend an over the counter sleeping pill?

Kenny202

40 minutes ago, asf6 said:

The ones I have and have known some Thais to take are Chlorphen. For me, half a tablet is usually enough. I only take them from time to time. Not regularly.  

They are cheap. If I recall correctly, they only cost 20 baht for 100 tablets. 

Chlorophen.jpg

Is this a classified drug or is it legal? Thanks.

1 minute ago, geisha said:

Very widely used allergy / sleeping pill available at any pharmacy. As the other guy said 20 baht per 100. Totally legal

Cannabis inhibits REM sleep. Antihistamines like Dramanine take ages to kick in and leave you with a hangover in the morning. Melatonin is worth a try. I found Theanine to work pretty much like Melatonin but with the effect lasting longer. Trazodone can have horrid side effects in men, I know a guy who nearly lost his best part because of Trazodone.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sounds like that might solve the prostate problem guys who get up several times a night

There is no logic to that whatsoever. A full bladder is still a full bladder, no matter what medication one might have taken.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thanks 1

Start lecturing her in an especially superior tone about world history, geography or astronomy. Out like a light in under 5 minutes I bet.

My go-to is the old "Why is the moon smaller than the sun even though it looks bigger in the sky".......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, geisha said:

Chlorpheniramine is classified as ยาอันตราย (dangerous drug) and legally available from pharmacies without a prescription.

Edited by Puccini

15 minutes ago, still kicking said:

What's a good night's sleep without a dream 

I think the OP is not concerned about dreaming or the lack of it. Anyway, generally one only remembers a dream if one wakes up during the dream.

• Thumbs Up 1

Codiphen works for me, a drowsy antihistamine. 50 mg. I don't get any hangover the next day. 100 baht for 10 at any pharmacy.

Everyone is different, it's a matter of experimenting with the medications until something is effective.

The OP might want to try melatonin, although it does nothing for me. More expensive.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would recommend trying mirtazapize. I take 30 mg, but I would suggest that she try 15 mg first. It’s not that cheap. For the 30 mg it’s around 1,200 baht but like I said she can take half or some pharmacies have 15 mg, but I’m not sure of the price. I would first look it up and see if there are any contradictions with any other meds she takes, but it works great for me. No drowsiness in the morning and a good night’s sleep. Best of luck. 

I've used very warm milk with 1 spoon of sugar or honey for years. Works well for me and no hangover whatever next morning.

Well proven, milks naturally contain a substance called tryptofan which stops the baby calf from drinking too fast and choking - a natural sedative.

Suggested years ago by my respected local doctor in the west. 

12 hours ago, dddave said:

Dramamine, nominally for motion sickness has always been a dependable sleep aid for me with virtually no side effects, no morning fuzzies.

I guess everyone's different.

I work on a boat and when underway at sea these are often left out in the crew mess for people to use. If not they are always in the medical cupboard.

Years ago during a rough crossing I tried to take them for a few days and felt very cloudy with a bit of a puffy face each morning after using them. Most other crew seemed to have have the same experience.

They do make your super tired though.

Cbd oil. If you Google 3000mg cbd oil there's a brand called seya. I've used 2 lower strength brands. 1 good and the other just ok. What I've noticed is putting 5 drops under my tongue before trying to sleep can mess with my throat a bit about an hour later.

Next time will try seya as 1 drop of that should be more effective than 5 drops of the weaker one and less throat business I reckon.

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Just started CBD Oil. Sleep like a baby.

Wow. Tried some high-quality, very expensive CBD Oil last year and didn't sleep a wink. Where do you get it and what dosage? 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:
14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Cannabis oil, works a treat, one drop under your tongue you dont even dream

Dreaming is good.

I'm sure you do dream, it's just that you don't remember the dreams.

clinical tests have been done to stop people dreaming, wired up, to stop REM, it caused mental heath issues in the subjects. :sleep:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

If you Google 3000mg cbd oil there's a brand called seya.

Isn't the 3000mg (=3gm) simply the amount you get for your Baht?

I got 10ml of 4% CBD last week to try to help with some pain.

2-3 drops morning & night. No noticeable difference.

• Like 1