Can anyone recommend an over the counter sleeping pill?

Kenny202

Firstly have a clinical reason for needing a pill.

Please....no motherly advice like change diet, get some exercise or some herbal thing

Melatonin not effective 

For my wife actually. She is on a particular medication that keeps her awake

She did tell the doctor and she sent her home with about 10 packets of highly addictive

Benzo's (Valium) with no instruction apart from you can take up to 4 a day.

Can anyone recommend a good over the counter, general sleeping pill?

Nothing too heavy. One that wont knock you around too much the next day

Generally the Thais take the little cheap allergy pills and they knock you out for sure

But feel rough as guts the next day.

Any help appreciated

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Just started CBD Oil. Sleep like a baby.

What is the deal with CBD oil these days? Do you have to go to a special clinic or can any doctor prescribe it? Or do you in fact even need a prescription. Many thanks

18 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

She is on a particular medication that keeps her awake

What is this medication?

What is her diagnosis?

20 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

She did tell the doctor and she sent her home with about 10 packets of

This is the same doctor which made her diagnosis, and prescribed the "particular medication"?

59 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Just started CBD Oil. Sleep like a baby.

What other methods besides smoking can I take CBD oil? I gave up smoking 10 years ago and want to avoid smoke in my lungs.

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Can anyone recommend a good over the counter, general sleeping pill?

I work offshore, on rotation. 

When I was on the rig, 20 years ago, at times I was asked by my supervisor to go to sleep and come back to the office next 12 hour shift, they didn't need me for that shift. 

I'd have to take proper medication to get sufficient rest. 

When I first arrived in Thailand you could buy the proper stuff over the counter, xanax, valium, serapack and diazepam over the counter but sadly too many foreigners with mental health issues were killing themselves, they only sell the soft stuff over the counter now.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What other methods besides smoking can I take CBD oil? I gave up smoking 10 years ago and want to avoid smoke in my lungs.

CBD oil is oil, you take drops of it on your tongue, you don't smoke it

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I work offshore, on rotation. 

When I was on the rig, 20 years ago, at times I was asked by my supervisor to go to sleep and come back to the office next 12 hour shift, they didn't need me for that shift. 

I'd have to take proper medication to get sufficient rest. 

When I first arrived in Thailand you could buy the proper stuff over the counter, xanax, valium, serapack and diazepam over the counter but sadly too many foreigners with mental health issues were killing themselves, they only sell the soft stuff over the counter now.

A lot of those things highly addictive and can be disastrous mixed with other drugs or even on their own. Most of them aren't even really for sleep...more anxiety or depression. Thais are totally irresponsible with meds....don't ask questions or google stuff like we do. And from what I have seen lately the doctors / pharmacies aren't a lot better. Causing issues with farang one thing but can only imagine Thai's taking this stuff with disastrous results and probably not even questioning if it is the pills making them feel psychotic or depressed, and in fact would probably blindly take more to ease the increasing problem

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Why would you ask so many personal questions, assuming your are not a doctor. I think I was very specific. If you don't know, better to move on than post a bunch of rhetorical unhelpful stuff .....trying to appear that you are "in the know"  

just why i will not reccommend some sleeping tablets i know of

I assumed the OP was referring to antihistamines with his comment about allergy pills:

"Generally the Thais take the little cheap allergy pills and they knock you out for sure But feel rough as guts the next day."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

What is the deal with CBD oil these days? Do you have to go to a special clinic or can any doctor prescribe it? Or do you in fact even need a prescription. Many thanks

Lazada

1 minute ago, asf6 said:

I assumed the OP was referring to antihistamines with his comment about allergy pills:

"Generally the Thais take the little cheap allergy pills and they knock you out for sure But feel rough as guts the next day."

Yeah that's right. Very common here. I actually tried them for allergies and several people told me Thais take them for sleep. They do remind me of the old antihistamines we used to get in the 70's, 80's which I think were Pseudoephedrine based, although I would have thought they were outlawed these days as they are in most countries? The side effects re drowsiness are the same too. And it is an unpleasant drowsiness too, and as you said a sleep but you feel like you need another sleep the whole of the next day

• Agree 1

The ones I have and have known some Thais to take are Chlorphen. For me, half a tablet is usually enough. I only take them from time to time. Not regularly.  

They are cheap. If I recall correctly, they only cost 20 baht for 100 tablets. 

Chlorophen.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, asf6 said:

The ones I have and have known some Thais to take are Chlorphen. For me, half a tablet is usually enough. I only take them from time to time. Not regularly.  

They are cheap. If I recall correctly, they only cost 20 baht for 100 tablets. 

Chlorophen.jpg

That's the ones, same name on my bottle. Do you feel under the weather next day?

Edited by Kenny202

4 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

That's the ones, same name on my bottle. Do you feel under the weather next day?

No, not really. Sometimes a little groggy early in the morning but apart from that I feel normal. 

31 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Lazada

Any chance you can be so kind as to PM me a link bro? If you have ordered it before and tried and true would be better than me buying off someone blind. few of my friends reckon it is the best sleep they ever had

• Thumbs Up 1