BREAKING: Hunter Biden reaches deal with Justice Department to plead guilty to three federal charges

Social Media

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The felony charges were not reduced. They were, as you say, part of the deal. The charge was possessing a gun while on drugs.  Given what Hunter himself wrote in his book, plus the numerous photos of him with it, seems a slam dunk to me.  Another charge was lying on the federal paperwork needed to purchase the gun in the first place. But that charge was not brought, in favor of the one I wrote about already. 

I WAS wrong about one thing, I admit. Hunter did not dispose of the gun. It was Hallie, his brothers widow (Hunter was banging her at the time) who threw it away when she found it.  He had left it in his car. 

Yet instead of taking the Felony to court they arranged a plea deal in which the charges were reduced to a misdemeanor and the gun charge dismissed as long as he completes his probation period.  If he fails to complete the probation the charges will be re-instated.  You folks must not be aware of how the justice system works and how plea deals are available to all defendants unless they are up for a Third Strike. The Judge who oversaw the agreement is also a Trump appointee. Fair is Fair and the law is the law for everyone regardless of who they are.  You must believe that only those who are not associated with someone in power get convicted of the higher charges and do not get to make a plea deal. Sad

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/20/hunter-biden-reaches-plea-deal-with-feds-to-resolve-tax-issues-gun-charge-00102637

Under an agreement detailed Tuesday in a filing in federal court in Delaware, President Joe Biden’s son will plead guilty to a pair of misdemeanor tax charges. Prosecutors have also charged him with possessing a firearm while being a user of illegal drugs — a felony — but have agreed to dismiss that charge if he completes a two-year period of probation.

Hunter Biden, 53, is unlikely to serve time in prison if he complies with release conditions. The deal, subject to approval by a federal judge, calls for both sides to recommend that he be put on probation.

The probe was overseen by U.S. Attorney for Delaware David Weiss, who was appointed by former President Donald Trump and was permitted to stay in his post after Joe Biden took office in order to complete the investigation of the president’s son. The White House and the Justice Department have said they did not interfere with Weiss’ investigation.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Nothing out of the ordinary about a high official getting a good deal for his loser kid. We can't honestly believe a president's son to be treated the same as any of our kids. We need to drop this and focus on the Big Guy.

I'm sure David Weiss will be very grateful for your help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

The federal attorney in charge of the investigation was appointed by Donald Trump. He was kept on by the Biden administration and promised no interference in the investigation. You've got nothing

It doesn't matter who appointed him. What matters are his actions and decisions after being appointed.

Your suggestion that the federal attorney must have been 100% unbiased at all times because Donald Trump (of all people!!) appointed him is laughable. Most attorney's are loyal to one thing and one thing only. Money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Two unsupported claims which are patently false. Congress (multiple members thereof) have admitted the tapes don't exist. What evidence? Given that you italicized your assertion it's now incumbent upon you to put up.

I didn't post anything about tapes!

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

...except where certain documents and certain people are concerned!

Trump is unlikely to be convicted of NARA violations and they are misdemeanors anyway. Trump will be convicted on the far more serious charges of obstruction and espionage, two elements missing in the Biden and Pence document transgressions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

I didn't post anything about tapes!

The "evidence" was all about the tapes. There was, to my knowledge, no other claims of the existence of evidence of wrongdoing. Correct me with links if I'm wrong.

• Haha 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Trump is unlikely to be convicted of NARA violations and they are misdemeanors anyway. Trump will be convicted on the far more serious charges of obstruction and espionage, two elements missing in the Biden and Pence document transgressions.

I wasn't referring to Pence.  And what makes you think that you know that Trump will be convicted on anything, particularly the farcical espionage charge?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Pretty sweeet deal. Misdemeanour pleas, no jail time.  Can't believe that tax fraud over a million dollars is a misdemeanour, but whatever.

On the far more serious weapons related felonies, he can also skate.  Can't see that happening to most Americans whose last name is not Biden.  Fake gun application, use/display of weapon illegally obtained while consuming illegal drugs, then LOSING the illegally obtained weapon.

It's good to be the king. Or at least the son of the king.

Relax it’s over.

Let it go.

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I wasn't referring to Pence.  And what makes you think that you know that Trump will be convicted on anything, particularly the farcical espionage charge?

The fact that he's been indicted makes it odds on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It doesn't matter who appointed him. What matters are his actions and decisions after being appointed.

Your suggestion that the federal attorney must have been 100% unbiased at all times because Donald Trump (of all people!!) appointed him is laughable. Most attorney's are loyal to one thing and one thing only. Money.

Mr. Weiss was part of the establishment for a very very long time! He’ll be in front of committee’s me thinks especially now the investigation is over, he and others  in the DOJ involved in the Potus son being charged wont have to hide behind answering questions because of a active investigation anymore !

Weiss was nominated to be U.S. attorney in Delaware by Trump in 2018 with the support of Delaware’s two Democratic U.S. senators. He previously served as the top deputy in the office and was interim U.S. attorney during the early years of the 2009-2017 Obama administration.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/who-is-david-weiss-us-prosecutor-hunter-biden-case-2023-06-20/

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So now you're suggesting bribery? Or some sort of corruption. I'm sure you wouldn't make such a charge without proof. I look forward to seeing it. 

And not only have you indulged in an empty generalization,  but also the commonapproach and precedents of the Justice Dept to tax evasion. They are reluctant to prosecute if the debt has already been paid off  They are also reluctant if they can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that there was intent. Given the play that right wingers such as yourself have given to the fact the Hunter Biden was an out-of-control drug addict, you should understand how that charge may not be easy to prove.

There is a of case of a federal prosecutor who forgot about that approach and precedents and decided to go ahead and prosecute anyway. His name is John Durham and we know how that turned out

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

Mr. Weiss was part of the establishment for a very very long time! He’ll be in front of committee’s me thinks especially now the investigation is over, he and others  in the DOJ involved in the Potus son being charged wont have to hide behind answering questions because of a active investigation anymore !

Weiss was nominated to be U.S. attorney in Delaware by Trump in 2018 with the support of Delaware’s two Democratic U.S. senators. He previously served as the top deputy in the office and was interim U.S. attorney during the early years of the 2009-2017 Obama administration.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/who-is-david-weiss-us-prosecutor-hunter-biden-case-2023-06-20/

The establishment? So, Trump appointed him at the behest of the establishment whatever that is.

And if summoned, doubtless Weiss will attempt to explain why it is that he took this particular course. And, doubtless, the Republicans will either feign incomprehension of this easily understandable explanation or actually be incapable of processing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1