After Many Decades Living in Thailand (or Asia), ... Do You Sometimes Dream of your First Wife....Left Back in the "Old Country"? Do you dream VIVID Dreams about her, too?

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

A couple of words you might consider introducing to your vocabulary: " Concise - Succinct".... ????

Of course, I meant abstruse, and not abtruse. 

I am using SwiftKey which, after having been acquired by MS, is now swiftly becoming a dud. 

• Love It 1

23 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Of course, I meant abstruse, and not abtruse. 

I am using SwiftKey which, after having been acquired by MS, is now swiftly becoming a dud. 

Uh-huh.

Blame it one the technology. 

• Haha 1

I spent 10 years with my first wife. The first 8 were good. The last two were very difficult. The day the divorce was final, I began a celebration that lasted a year. Never looked back. 

The Thai woman I am with now has the kind of qualities and ability to proudly show her feminine nature, that my ex couldn't even fantasize about. I love it. After well over a decade she is still radiant and a joy to be around. 

• Love It 1

All I have to do when I think about the ex is go to her Facebook page and take a look at her. Now she looks like she swallowed three beach balls. Also my current furniture thanks me .  the suspension on my car thanks me.  The all you can eat buffet's thank me,  And yes I am from the US.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Uh-huh.

Blame it one the technology. 

No... 

Really... 

Also, IMHO, Buckminsterfullerene is the most beautiful carbon molecule in the entire universe. 

Also, amazingly stable. 

Let us imagine, as a thought experiment, that you had two Buckminsterfullerenes swinging between your thighs. 

And let us postulate that some Pattaya GF were to use all her might to kick you where your testes once were... 

How much energy would be required, from your GFs kick, to sever the bonds of your new, and improved, testicles? 

This is why we often say that testicles of Buckminsterfullerenes are even better than Brass Balls. 

The binding energy is on the order of 2278.1 ± 14.4 kJ mol1. .

I am just saying that C60 is miraculously stable, and completely impervious to Pattaya pain. 

Or, we can think of it this way:

If one's balls were made of Buckminsterfullerene, then you could easily send both down to see the Titanic, and they would return to the surface, smelling like a daisy, unharmed,and unimploded. 

Sometimes, the testicle fails to descend. 

In this case, a strap can be attached to gradually coax it out. 

If you wish to know more about C60, then please contact Dr. Richard Smalley. As I recall, he shared a NOBEL for his work on C60. 

Also, as I recall, Smalley once stated that Young Americans are just too limp-wristed and soft to pursue the Hard Sciences. 

His view, before he died, was that Asians were filling the seats in his lecture hall. 

Richard Smalley was a kind, humble, and caring teacher. 

Most unfortunately, at the end of his career, just before he died, he was misled by an Oil Tycoon who was promoting Peak Oil. 

Charletans are a dime a dozen. 

But real chemists are worth their weight in gold, unlike Goldfinger. 

So, anyway, this is a test. 

Are you able to improve this description of C60, just from your own knowledge chemistry? 

Aesthetically, what is your opinion? 

What is an allotrope? 

What is a fullerene? 

===

Calling all Asians... 

The World is Watching. 

It's now time for Asians to take up the cudgel, and flog away where American farmers now fear to tread. 

You know, after almost completing this comment, I really wonder if, now, one requires a dual PhD in Physics and Chemistry, just to make any meaningful headway in the field of Chemistry. 

For example, I no longer see my testicles as swinging orbs. I now see them, and everything, as quantum anomalies and fluctuations. 

Also, if we can just delay the destruction of homo sapiens for one more decade, just 10 more years, then, through the miracle of Physics and Chemistry, we still might have hope. 

Musk, at the Pure Science level, is like your toddler at his first day of Preschool. 

Musk is reinventing the wheel, and basking in limelight (also in the spotlight). 

If we, as a functioning society, are to survive, we must hope for major breakthroughs in Pure Science. 

Also, we must be wise enough to not blindly follow sycophants who, too much, love French Fondue. 

I mean, watching XI go wuolehog on that large bowl of warm cheese, was like... the book... Who Moved My Cheese!

Probably most of you guys don't know what it was like to grow up at the time of the Cultural Revolution. 

This is why XI so much loves cheese. 

Even the Gang of Four never tasted Fondue. 

So, really, XI is just behaving like any normal person who just won the Trillion-Dollah lottery. 

And, now, I am thinking of FO DOLLAH, Michener's classic character in South Pacific (Hawaii). 

Time is running out. 

Fish or Cut Bait. 

By the way, is anyone keeping track of the acidification of the sea? 

Most of everything we are witnessing today was predicted 50 years ago. 

So then, why fly off the handle now? 

IDK. 

So, in order to distract yourself from reality, I recommend reading more John Cheever. 

Cheever resonates with me. 

Also, I like writers from Ireland. 

Who was that Irish writer who grew up in poverty, tortured by his father, and moved to Boston? 

Frank McCourt! 

I guess you might be wondering why I so much love Celtic music and Irish writers. 

If you gotta ask, then... There is no use in the explaining. 

When I was a wee lad, I was smitten after watching Maureen O'Hara. Such a bonney lass was she. 

She was smart enough to put any Vassar girl to shame. 

I have the ultimate respect for Irish wit. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

24 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Also, IMHO, Buckminsterfullerene is the most beautiful carbon molecule in the entire universe. 

maybe your most eclectic post ever.

you referenced just about everything you've ever come across in your life and mysteriously weaved seemingly unrelated concepts together into one cohesive web of eloquence and wit. 

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sometimes, maybe often, there is a very fine line between fantasy and reality. And, I am NOT referring to any type of psychosis. 

this thread is making me think of virtual reality.

perfectly timed with the release of Apple's Vision Pro.

i think in the future it may actually be possible to relive past memories via virtual reality headsets.

so what that means is ... you, sir, are ahead of your time. 

I don't dream about my ex since we talk at least once a week.

Not all marriages end in acrimony

She's the mother of two of my children, still love her and she me, we just kinda got bored of living together.

Now in our twilight years we're fine being together with new partners, in fact we go on vacations together.

All my kids, with American wife and Thai wife all get along. My Thai son lived with my eldest daughter when he went to the US for college.

So No, I don't dream about my ex, because I still have a life with her

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:
17 hours ago, nchuckle said:

A couple of words you might consider introducing to your vocabulary: " Concise - Succinct".... ????

A good reader should never feel intimidated by the literary tool of Stream of Conciousness. 

In my opinion, James Joyce is second only to Dostoevsky. 

So then, why do so many readers fail to wade through Ulysses, to the bitter end? 

Obviously, you can't just pay USD250,000.00 to have somebody read James Joyce, for you, and expect a FREE RIDE. 

Any billionaire fool can buy a one-way ticket to the bottom of the ocean. 

But, how much time does it require to read 250 good books? And then, to read them again? 

The answer, my friends, is blowing in the wind. 

Why? 

Because, as we know from reading The New Yorker, the end of organized human civilization... is nigh. 

Who are the guys in charge of our world, these days? 

Obviously, the guys in charge of our world, today, share many of the same personality traits as the guys who boarded the Titon. 

How long, how many years, has it been since you first watched the theater showing of Strangelove? 

Almost 60 years. 

I loved, above all, Miss Foreign Affairs. 

Miss Foreign Affairs was my second awakening, just after having read Fanny Hill. 

Even to this day, in black and white, I can still recall every inch of her body not covered by that journal. 

Those were the days when Foreign Affairs was printed on very expensive paper, with a grey cover and black type. 

These days, the writing in Foreign Affairs has been completely dumbed down to about the 8th-grade level. 

So, I just wonder. How low can we go? 

For example,... Yesterday, I tried to read The Taming of The Shrew, just because I was seeking advice concerning how to handle my Thai landlady. 

But, after having watched three years of UTUBE, during the pandemic, I quickly found that, even, Shakespeare was no longer accessible to me. 

Most people on this forum, if you really want to know the truth, as Haulden Caulfield might have said, are smarter than I. 

But I just wish I knew which are which. 

"Pithy". There’s another word to consider. Perhaps you’re still stuck on "verbose" and "loquacious " ? I’m sure you’ll get there finally..

"What I am saying, if I might clarify, is that...Once you have had your fill here, after several decades, you naturally become somewhat satiated. And then, at this point, you being to dream VIVID dreams about your FIRST Wife, that you left behind."

NO!

Next Question????