I love the smell of Ganja in the morning.....Not

redwood1

10 minutes ago, Denim said:

Sounds more like ' toke and choke ' from the OP's description. 

Perhaps closing the window might help.

Better the smokers walk inside and close balcony door and windows!

What does the management says about smoking on the balconies?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Better the smokers walk inside and close balcony door and windows!

What does the management says about smoking on the balconies?

Nothing....

There is one sign, that says weed smokers should not smoke weed in the area where employees take their cigarette break, they should go to the back of the condo....I think they have a special area near the dumpster....

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Nothing....

There is one sign, that says weed smokers should not smoke weed in the area where employees take their cigarette break, they should go to the back of the condo....I think they have a special area near the dumpster....

Communicate with your neighbours, rather than complaining here. 
I do just that. Neighbour at least put a fan on his balcony to try to blow the smoke away from me. Wasn’t particularly effective. Problem was that he smoked very many times throughout the day. He had to move in the end. 

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

How about a largish floor standing fan to blow the smoke/smell away from your balcony?

Why should it be up to those who is annoyed by the smoking to do something? 

Utterly rubbish, it is a matter of power balance when those who do what they want, no matter what is right or not, but take their right to annoy other people. 

If you have the right neighbour it is just the matter of time, before he let you know personally how fed up he is. 

I have done so a few times, and problemed solved without further complications due to noise, and would had done the same about smoking. Not everybody is capable to handle such things by themselves, and have to suck it up, or find other solutions, close the windows and doors, put up a fan, or move. Not fair is it? 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Nothing....

Employees take precedence over paying customers. The tail is wagging the dog.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

How about a largish floor standing fan to blow the smoke/smell away from your balcony?

why should he have to buy a new fan when someone else is being an a hole ? 

Edited by stoner

i fully support your cause. i bet it wouldn't cause a big problem if you actually went and said something to them. maybe bring over a pack of rolling papers or some bong cleaner as a peace offering.

most stoners will be reasonable about this. i would try to accommodate your concern if you were my neighbor. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mang Gon said:

What about keep your windows closed and run the A/C + fans?

Does the smell still invade?

he should be able to sit in his home without the annoyance no ? weather windows open or closed.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mang Gon said:

What about keep your windows closed and run the A/C + fans?

Does the smell still invade?

If the sliding glass door to the balcony is closed I dont smell anything...So there is a easy solution to the problem......I guess I will keep my door closed in the mornings more...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Neighbours, what you going to do?

Mine torment me with their barking dogs... not a day goes by..........

Have you got your balcony door open that the smell comes in?

Buy a small metal kettle, and see if you can pour water onto a smoldering spiv that is close to the railings below... but first buy a Rambo outfit for when they come calling, big blades and bandoleer of bullets etc......  get ready for war. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Hummin said:

If you have the right neighbour it is just the matter of time, before he let you know personally how fed up he is. 

If I understand this correctly, you are condoning a violent response to stoners doing their thing? While it may solve the immediate problem the legal repercussions for the assaulter could far outweigh the inconvenience of smelling weed on occasion.

We live in a condo and smell weed all through the day, nothing that can be done, although yes some neighbors complain about it like it's the biggest issue ever.

9 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

If I understand this correctly, you are condoning a violent response to stoners doing their thing? While it may solve the immediate problem the legal repercussions for the assaulter could far outweigh the inconvenience of smelling weed on occasion.

We live in a condo and smell weed all through the day, nothing that can be done, although yes some neighbors complain about it like it's the biggest issue ever.

I have physically been on neighbours doors for noise, and if they where sitting outside on the balcony, late nights and early morning smoking, choughing, laughing, or talking, I would have done the same. One of the few good things about cold season in Thailand, is to finely sleep without aircon and with open windows. It is just about being respectful and aknownledge we are living in the same building, and there is rules to be followed. 

Violence is not the solution, but most condomeniums have rules, and the best thing is to read the rules before you move in if you are easily disturbed by noise or smoke. Make sure  the rules is clear from the management side in the contract. I have also made management to put on foot pads/floor protection on chairs and tables, so there is more options than just verbally and physically abuse the neighbours. Anyway, it helps to be politely convinsing, just saying and not just be the crazy neighbour. 

Before violence, it is better to change location, than end up in monkey house or hospital ????

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 1:47 PM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

That would annoy me too. Maybe a couple of fake exaggerated coughs as the smoke comes up or actually talk to them in a friendly manner and see if they don't mind staying inside. Or if it becomes too tiresome involve the Body Corporate. 

start drinking and tinkle off the balcony???  ????

• Haha 1