BitKub verification mess

BobBKK

Yes. They asked for everything they already had, which I nonetheless delivered all again only to be rejected. Looks like they have been told to get rid of the foreign customers?? My Thai wife hasn't been asked for "additional" KYC (yet).

• Confused 1

Same here. They have asked me for so many things and reject every time. Always something more. Yes, I also get the impression, they want to get rid of the foreigners. Never finished.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why each and every time there is a hurdle foreigners throw out the 'Thai's don't want us' (racism) card, thats rarely the case and we are just dealing with exactly the same (often silly) degree of bureaucracy that Thai's deal with daily (that said, sometime the answer really is a 'Thai's don't want to deal with foreigners' issue, but thats far more rare than we seem to read about on these forums).

I went through BitKub's 'Periodic account verification' a few months back. 

I resubmitted the same documents as those with which I opened the account, also recall having to make a small video to send. 

I had no issues... Thus, IF you are facing issues, contact them and ask them the specifics of exactly what they need - it could be something as simple as a 'file size' limitation and a 'computer says no' response. 

Just to add: If they really didn't want foreigners, this <link below> wouldn't be in English !!!! 

https://support.bitkub.com/en/support/solutions/articles/151000033027

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Dario said:

Same here. They have asked me for so many things and reject every time. Always something more. Yes, I also get the impression, they want to get rid of the foreigners. Never finished.

I was just rejected again. And again, they ask me the same documents as I sent them 4 days ago. It's a cat and mouse game. I just sent them a message and asked them to explain me exactly what is wrong with what I sent them.

Edited by Dario

20 hours ago, Dario said:

I was just rejected again. And again, they ask me the same documents as I sent them 4 days ago. It's a cat and mouse game. I just sent them a message and asked them to explain me exactly what is wrong with what I sent them.

Please let us know how they respond. 

It could be simple as they 'change the file size allowance' of a submitted document etc... 

I kept hitting a brick-wall with a  48 hr UAE Visa application because a photo was not the 'perfect' aspect ratio for requirements (I had to use their online app to stretch the photo). 

Not suggesting this is the case - but getting through to a human for a viable explanation is clearly the best option. 

I had a 400,000 Baht transfer to BitKub 'disappear'....   a human responded quite quickly to that and resolved the issue within 24 hours, so they are quite helpful and responsive. 

14 hours ago, Dario said:

Thank you, dear Khun Neeranam! This confirms that everyone at Bitkub is targeted, not foreigners only. I commend you for your excellent English.

Well I did go to the same high school as Lord Byron????

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2023 at 1:49 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

A garbage assertion unless you've got something to back it up.

My assumption was made because I personally know five other foreigners who have faced the same issue as me, where their additional KYC requests were rejected. Interestingly, my Thai wife and her daughter have not yet been asked to provide any additional KYC information. I asked my wife to inquire among her Thai friends, and none of them have been contacted by Bitkub. Based on this, I speculated that the authorities may be making it, for whatever reason, difficult for Bitkub to serve non-Thais, similar to what happened recently with PayPal. 

So nothing to do with Thais-do-not-want-us-here. Surely it is a matter of new rules and regulations imposed by financial authorities that requires Bitkub to jump through some additional hoops. Bitkub is probably not happy with that, as it will cost them customers and turnover.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would that imply that the suspicions raised here could be true ?

Foreigners, who do not have the 'ID Chip' will no longer be able to verify their account ?

Looks like! I sent them a message 2 days ago. They did not answer yet!

52 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would that imply that the suspicions raised here could be true ?

Foreigners, who do not have the 'ID Chip' will no longer be able to verify their account ?

Yes, it's certainly looking that way and it's not just Bitkub

One thing foreigners can do is open a exchange account overseas with payment rails and exit there into a EMI/Bank and transfer to Thailand as pure fiat.

Thai Government looses out on the revenues of-course (tax loss) but well, that's what they force people to do.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

One thing foreigners can do is open a exchange account overseas with payment rails and exit there into a EMI/Bank and transfer to Thailand as pure fiat.

Thai Government looses out on the revenues of-course (tax loss) but well, that's what they force people to do.

Binance and Crypto. Com work for me. 

Binance P2P to Krung Thai. 

CDC to crypto credit card to pay all bills. 

On 6/24/2023 at 2:18 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not sure why each and every time there is a hurdle foreigners throw out the 'Thai's don't want us' (racism) card, thats rarely the case and we are just dealing with exactly the same (often silly) degree of bureaucracy that Thai's deal with daily (that said, sometime the answer really is a 'Thai's don't want to deal with foreigners' issue, but thats far more rare than we seem to read about on these forums).

I went through BitKub's 'Periodic account verification' a few months back. 

I resubmitted the same documents as those with which I opened the account, also recall having to make a small video to send. 

I had no issues... Thus, IF you are facing issues, contact them and ask them the specifics of exactly what they need - it could be something as simple as a 'file size' limitation and a 'computer says no' response. 

Just to add: If they really didn't want foreigners, this <link below> wouldn't be in English !!!! 

https://support.bitkub.com/en/support/solutions/articles/151000033027

Tell me then,

Why doesn't PandaFood allow a foreigner to pay upfront using TrueWallet but will allow a Thai?

....and as far as TrueWallet, they offer things that are not available to a foreigner.

13 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Tell me then,

Why doesn't PandaFood allow a foreigner to pay upfront using TrueWallet but will allow a Thai?

....and as far as TrueWallet, they offer things that are not available to a foreigner.

I’ve no issues using my TrueWallet anywhere…  admittedly, accounts such as FoodPanda & Grab are liking to my Thai CC. 

Don’t cry the inconvenience, this has nothing to do with Thai’s not wanting us here (as initially implied), & everything to do with financial security.
I do agree some of it is utterly daft, but there is usually a simple work-around. 

EDIT: I’ll now have to try & use my TrueWallet with FoodPanda which I hardly use as the service (in Bkk) has been surpassed by Grab. 

Edited by richard_smith237

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Binance and Crypto. Com work for me. 

Binance P2P to Krung Thai. 

CDC to crypto credit card to pay all bills. 

Are you saying that you're willing to pay up to 35% personal income tax on all crypto payments/transfers you do?

It seems to me that the most reasonable and legal solution (unless of course you declare nothing) is, as @Jenkins9039 mentioned, to keep and cash out crypto abroad (broker and bank accounts outside of Thailand) then remit fiat money tax free the next year(s) into your Thai bank... am I missing something here?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This one is about the possibility of BitKub not permitting non-Thai's to continue trading in the platform. 

No it isn't, stop race-trolling and hate-mongering.

Troll a different thread. 

The OP:

On 6/24/2023 at 1:21 PM, BobBKK said:

Anyone having issues with Bitkubs new re-verification system?

Yes, both my account and my Thai husband's account have been getting the same messages. ????