Best cryptocurrency to get into now.... I need to invest some money

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Of course, NO ONE that bought crypto years ago has lost money, if they have half a brain. It ain't rocket science. 

My question was about cost, realized, and unrealized profit, because still buying, when you started in 2013, does sound like a lot of unrealized profit, but based on @ed strong’s response, he might refer more to “trading” (different coins).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Since when has an authorised FA's professional investment advice, that hasn't worked out as planned, been a criminal offence or made the FA liable to a civil action? 

since regulations have been more strict in the last 5 years, in particular the US

a lot of cases with the SEC, quite entertaining to read ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, fdsa said:

I've just recalled a great project advertised by Thaivisa/Aseannow - Bixo FinTech https://aseannow.com/topic/1219007-bixo-fintech-expands-into-thailand-as-part-of-its-aggressive-launch-in-asia/

- guaranteed income from 1.5% to 2% per day! a serious company registered in Nigeria and United Kingdom, totally not a scam! put your 5000 and take 15000 back in 6 months!

sold, where do I signup?

12 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

are there any crypto advisers I can follow

Others have already replied to this, but there are countless examples of people promoting crypto on their channel or twitter/instagram feed only because they got paid, or gets paid if the coin reaches a certain value. There have even been a few fines issued related to this.

And just now, I saw the below “Media Kit” on reddit. Probably the safest way to make money in crypto is to make your own pre-mined coin, then pay some of these “influencers” to promote it, and be sure to sell once the sheep starts buying ????

Also, please listen to this podcast episode. It’s an interview with a guy who has been trading altcoins for quite some time, and he describes how he initially lost money doing so, but then he started to get into to the right telegram groups, so he would know which coins were about to be pumped. But bottom line is, none of this stuff has any value, it’s all just a greater fool game. I know this is hard to believe, with “market cap” of $2.5T or where ever we are at, and still going up, but look into Tether or the 125x leverage offered by Binance: The value is not there, and people will find out the hard way, when crypto experience their first major sell off, like we saw with subprime (2008), dotCom (2000), Japanese real estate (1992), etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lkn said:

people will find out the hard way, when crypto experience their first major sell off

Did you sleep through all of 2018 and May of this year as well?

However it's true that the vast majority of voices in the crypto-sphere are shilling for their own advantage. There are some good crypto communities out there, but they seem to self regulate either intentionally or via the birds-of-a-feather effect, so doubt most posters on here will find them and doubt they'd stay if they did.

I keep writing that crypto is the wrong asset class for beginners to learn to trade in, but we keep getting threads like this one so knock yourselves out I guess.

12 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

there's a few decent pro-crypto lads here on TVF and the crypto threads only get a few trolls and FUDders. they're easy to avoid once you put them on ignore. I've found some very useful info on here without that much effort. as we all know, finding anything good on TVF is like panning for gold ????

Rule number one. Stay away from habitual posters at all costs. 

A good bet will be Harmony ONE, it has the tech to do what ETH 2 is supposed to do, while being now below 30c.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRRRIMmgwbs

The ecosystem being developed is massive, as for market cap would be close to $50 if compared to ETH, given the max amount that will be in circulation.

https://8marketcap.com/compare/harmony/ethereum/

Crypto valuation in 2020-2021 raised a lot, some time soon the overall market will have a big correction and all the hyped coins with no real usage or value crash.

When on the next cycle there will be a new high, those that are now at high valuation will struggle more to go back to current price, likewise 2017 and now, many just briefly reached those 2017 peaks and are down again.

• Like 2

You might not get the most profit choosing Bitcoin, but it seems to me the safest bet. Ethereum should be solid as well. Both coins have existed for a long time and development on both is ongoing. 

Current estimate for Bitcoin is it'll reach a value of around 100.000 USD near the end of the year, based on the Stock2Flow model (which so far seems to be in line with historical BTC price developments). 

• Like 2

By the way, when looking on YouTube videos of people advertising coins (or listen to Telegram groups and the like), be aware most likely there's some people at the top that give buying advise to people below. The people at the top will invest prior to sending out crypto-tips, so they can get huge gains (if many people follow up on the tips and buy the same coins). These people might dump the coin again after a certain value is reached, raking up a huge profit at the expense of late investors, who will be left holding a bag of worthless coins.

With that in mind, I think it's best to ignore most crypto advise from YouTube, Telegram groups and the like. 

• Like 2

I have a small holding of each of these: Ethereum, OmiseGo, Polkadot, Cardano, Solana. I don't trade them, just sit on them.

So far they have all done very well except Cardano.

Thinking of cashing them all in on the next big spike.

Edited by phetphet

On 11/15/2021 at 1:37 AM, nomad2019 said:

I have played with Bitcoin in the past lost money but last month I made a bit of money....

Can anyone name 5 coins to invest in now.

I am thinking 

bitcoin

ethereum

polkadot

doge

cardano

yes that's please guys,.    Also is there anyone out there can provide me with a link for the best crypto wallet app to use and also the best crypto advisors for crypto experts who I can follow I understand I need to pay these people some Commission if I make some money.     Of the 5 coins I will put approximately 1000 UK pounds into each coin.

thanks in advance

Don't know where you got the idea you have to pay commission to any crypto experts you might follow.   

Also follow them but don't blindly follow their advice.  

You need to do your own research, but from that list I would remove DOGE and add SOLANA. 

What are you goals?  Short term or long term?  

Do you have an account with any exchange(s)?

Look into Trust Wallet. 

Good Luck.

15 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I have a small holding of each of these: Ethereum, OmiseGo, Polkadot, Cardano, Solana. I don't trade them, just sit on them.

So far they have all done very well except Cardano.

Thinking of cashing them all in on the next big spike.

Cardano was 3c last year,now it's $2 !

It's all about timing.

I bought OMG at 20 BAHT and sold it at 300+

13 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Since when has an authorised FA's professional investment advice, that hasn't worked out as planned, been a criminal offence or made the FA liable to a civil action? 

since regulations have been more strict in the last 5 years, in particular the US

a lot of cases with the SEC, quite entertaining to read ????

So irrelevant to Thailand, and everywhere else.  But you're claiming that genuine financial advice, not scam advice, provided by qualified advisors that has not turned out to be profitable for the investor in the US has lead to criminal convictions?   Any case in particular that backs up your claim?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

Hi you asked for advisors - I would suggest rather than pay someone who may or may not give good advice you do some work yourself on the internet as there is plenty of information out there if you do you own DD you'll soon work out who is genuine - My suggestions for starters would be to sign up to the Real Vision Crypto Channel (this is a free channel but the rest of Real Vision is a subscription service), and on YouTube try Coin Bureau - Good Luck

• Like 1