Barriers to transgender people accessing Thailand’s healthcare system

webfact

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I see it as fake manufactured outrage.

I see it as fake manufactured and insulting word. 

I get the point that YOU want to USE it. I wish you would get the point that I DON'T want to HEAR or READ it.  Can't you just shut up and get back to the OP!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Cisgender does not refer to sex.

The word is about getting identity.

Woof woof.

Now you can call someone anything you want.  That does not change the fact that biologically there are only XX and XY Chromosones.  The fact that a person self identifies as a horse does not make them an Equine.  For centuries, the practice of "identifying" was known as pretending.  That is actually what is still is. 

Cisgender
  1. denoting or relating to a person whose gender identity corresponds with the sex registered for them at birth; not transgender.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I get the point that YOU want to USE it. I wish you would get the point that I DON'T want to HEAR or READ it.  Can't you just shut up and get back to the OP!

Such a hysterical reaction to a neutral adjective. Thats your problem. Not mine. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Now you can call someone anything you want.  That does not change the fact that biologically there are only XX and XY Chromosones.  The fact that a person self identifies as a horse does not make them an Equine.  For centuries, the practice of "identifying" was known as pretending.  That is actually what is still is. 

Cisgender
  1. denoting or relating to a person whose gender identity corresponds with the sex registered for them at birth; not transgender.

Yes that is the definition of cisgender.

16 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You need a safe space from the nasty word?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Cisgender

You really should look up about sex being bimodal for a start. Again, have to repeat it, sex and gender are not the same. If you think identifying as a gender that has clear characteristics and social norms that people follow, is somehow like identifying as a horse, just shows a low IQ 

Edited by PremiumLane
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

You really should look up about sex being bimodal for a start. Again, have to repeat it, sex and gender are not the same. If you think identifying as a gender that has clear characteristics and social norms that people follow, is somehow like identifying as a horse, just shows a low IQ 

No comment on IQ but it does reflect willful ignorance and a reactionary political stance.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Cisgender does not refer to sex.

The word is about gender identity.

Woof woof.

So that would be a bit redundant, unless there is a new definition of 'gender' I'm not aware of.  I'm old school, and tire of people changing the meaning or applying words incorrectly to fit their spin.  Somehow, people just seem to accept and or force it onto others.   It really is getting silly.

Gender is the sex (male/female) at birth.   You don't get to choose your gender.  What is your gender/sex at birth ... means the same thing.

Origin is from Latin - Genus.  Again, people, in 1980s & 90s, decided to use it differently.   About same time someone invented or decided to use  'cis' in conjunction with gender.  The silliness remains.

What new words will people attempt to force us to use in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Such a hysterical reaction to a neutral adjective. Thats your problem. Not mine. 

You are making it my problem by making nonsensical posts after post after posts. 

Give it a bloody rest. 

You are just trolling now.. 

I do not know how often I have asked this and never received a sensible answer but just one last time!

Why must you keep on and on and on about a word that many people do not want to be referred to/as?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

There are plenty of words for gay men that you would object to. 

Cis was never devised as a slut though, was it? And you will find the gay community has coopted those words, so no I wouldn't have a problem with them. See, I am not a snowflake. 

Just now, PremiumLane said:

Cis was never devised as a slut though, was it? And you will find the gay community has coopted those words, so no I wouldn't have a problem with them. See, I am not a snowflake. 

Was the highlighted (by me) word deliberate?  ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

No I need a safe space from the nasty bigoted idiots who are just deliberately prolonging the promotion of this meaningless word!

So, basically you have made up something in your head to get angry about, well done. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sticking with the oldies but goodies:

Straight/Heterosexual

Gay

BiSexual

Do we need any more ?  Although, saying that, I do prefer PanSexual, all inclusive, and I've learned, 'never to say never' ... as that expression is against my religion; Raëlism

In your mind, and mind only, if you want to 'trans' into something else, feel free, but you're still a male or female @ birth & now, no matter what you think, but imagine you want to be afterward.  

On Topic, as always ???? the doc will only care if you are a male or female, the same thing that's on you admission/registration form.  Keep it simple.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

So that would be a bit redundant, unless there is a new definition of 'gender' I'm not aware of.  I'm old school, and tire of people changing the meaning or applying words incorrectly to fit their spin.  Somehow, people just seem to accept and or force it onto others.   It really is getting silly.

Gender is the sex (male/female) at birth.   You don't get to choose your gender.  What is your gender/sex at birth ... means the same thing.

Origin is from Latin - Genus.  Again, people, in 1980s & 90s, decided to use it differently.   About same time someone invented or decided to use  'cis' in conjunction with gender.  The silliness remains.

What new words will people attempt to force us to use in the future.

I said gender identity.

Not gender.

But that didn't suit your agenda so you ignored it.

Force?

Hilarious. 

Edited by Jingthing

41 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You are making it my problem by making nonsensical posts after post after posts. 

Give it a bloody rest. 

You are just trolling now.. 

I do not know how often I have asked this and never received a sensible answer but just one last time!

Why must you keep on and on and on about a word that many people do not want to be referred to/as?

So I should be bullied by you?

Fat chance.

13 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

I would suggest that anyone who believes that there are more than two genders pretty well establishes that persons intelligence. 

20 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I would suggest that anyone who believes that there are more than two genders pretty well establishes that persons intelligence. 

More like the opposite. 

How Many Genders Are There? A Full Identity & Expression List (healthline.com)

Gender and sex do not have the same meaning. One is social, and the other is biological.

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

See? Really smart people all know that wearing a dress makes you a women, and only straight men "date" ladyboys. 

• Haha 1

Again, docs care about one thing, if you are male or female, as treatment is different for different ailments that only each may have.

Here's to add to the silliness, as if a doc needs to be told, you don't identify with any or multiple genders ????

image.png.9c5a7abcd3a8107dde1b2e7357b8a0e6.png

Edited by KhunLA