Kasikorn Debit Card

Thanks for the first hand info. Will reactivate my Kasikorn Account to replace my SCB account.

My eyesight is too bad and my fingers too fat for phone banking apps so really need online banking and Kasikorn is really good online site.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

You will also need to have the card "activated" for any purchases/subscriptions outside Thailand

So easy, just call the KBank call center, excellent English, always very helpful and they don't bite.

1 hour ago, Alotoftravel said:

Without the kasikorn debit card, how do you pay for lazada purchases ?

I haven't used my bank app to purchase on lazada but have on shopee a bunch.

The payment option I use generates a qr code which you scan with your bank app. Easy peasy.

I used to do cod but it was such a pain needing to be there when the delivery occurred. Shopee, like AliExpress, doesn't pay the merchant until you say you received it or some date in the future if you don't acknowledge receipt. 

Just now, livram said:

2 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

I had been using SCB debit card but I am closing their account because of no more online web banking. 

15 minutes ago, livram said:

I had been using SCB debit card but I am closing their account because of no more online web banking. 

What are you going to do when Kasikorn goes the way of SCB and KTB online banking?  

Never a good idea to close any bank account that you don't have to, always good to have an alternative and it costs next to nothing to keep it open.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

You will also need to have the card "activated" for any purchases/subscriptions outside Thailand

So can use kasikorn debit at ATMs in Europe but need to call and activate if using it for general international purchases hotels etc. Do you have to specify a travel period or is it just activated permanently from time of call?

1 hour ago, sapson said:

So can use kasikorn debit at ATMs in Europe but need to call and activate if using it for general international purchases hotels etc. Do you have to specify a travel period or is it just activated permanently from time of call?

As recently as last week, I visited my branch of Kasikorn Bank and I also spoke to an English-speaking person in Bangkok I told them I was visiting Malaysia and  was told that once my card  activated could use anywhere. I think activation endures for as long as you hold the card. My purpose was simply to ensure that if I was relying on it working in Malaysia, then I need to be confident. Another reason is to inform them that a sudden use of my card in another country, that it is me!

As it happens, I was only in Malaysia for two days, arriving back only yesterday, and actually used a little Thai Baht in cash to exchange for ringgits, so I cannot confirm the ATM or anything else about my card working or not. I had already paid for my hotel with Thai Baht before leaving here. If you have a credit card that might be another issue. My debit card accepts any purchase both here in Thailand and now, Internationally up to a limit of my balance at the time!

Whether you NEED to let them know, I am not sure about but it does no harm to inform them then at least they don't question every movement of the card or keep you waiting for approvals.

Edited by ChrisKC
typo

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

For many items on Lazada you can pay 'COD'.

All the items I bought from Lazada are on COD only, including item as expensive as 12K BHT. That's the only time I use cash otherwise I am a credit card junkie and use them even for 7/11 purchases. 

5 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

Cash on Delivery in my case.,  If not an option , I look for another supplier that does.