Pattaya Residents Protest Against Construction of Median Strip on Thepprasit Road

snoop1130

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Stay the course.  Medians are needed on some of the major roads as Pattaya continues to grow--along with the traffic.  Get the initial work done and then see what improvements can be made--which could mean adding a few more U-turns and upgrading the U-turn lanes with designated turning lanes separate from the traffic flow, to keep traffic moving.   And, it could mean moving some of the U-turn lanes that might have been poorly placed.  

You can see why businesses are worried though, North Pattaya Road which has similar lack of U-turns is avoided by people

Some people are comparing North Road to Thepprasit. There is one major difference. North Road doesn't have anything like the same number of businesses or markets. Thepprasit is basically shop houses or markets from one end to the other with Banks, petrol stations and clinics added to the mix.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can see why businesses are worried though, North Pattaya Road which has similar lack of U-turns is avoided by people

I have usually managed to do one at the 3rd junction or to come back for the Tesco/Lotus Mall near The Thai Garden Resort. THe shop owners are hard to please... they want to have parking available as well as traffic access.... the state of mayhem will prevail. 

5 hours ago, roger101 said:

Some people are comparing North Road to Thepprasit. There is one major difference. North Road doesn't have anything like the same number of businesses or markets. Thepprasit is basically shop houses or markets from one end to the other with Banks, petrol stations and clinics added to the mix.

Plus i think there is a big difference between a proper central reservation on a main thoroughfare like North Road or Thappraya Road and the pathetic 6 in concrete strip added to Thepprasit. As stated above the road is mainly for businesses and people need to stop, turn and overtake to use it efficiently. 

The other day i was driving down Thepprasit and was met by a motorcyclist riding straight at me on the wrong side of the road. Clearly he couldn't be bothered to ride to the next U turn gap.

Edited by Henryford

On 6/28/2023 at 2:56 AM, webfact said:

recent protest staged by people living near Thepprasit Road.

I was reading a Facebook group about this subject.

Sadly Thailand is becoming the land of the whinging foreigners. 

Lots and lots of complaining and moaning expats, man up cry babies 

I live local, been traveling Theprasit for over 20 years, it's dynamic, always changing, it's not perfect but it works. 

In Oz we're taught to deal with things not moan and complain. 

I'm glad to see they are installing traffic lights corner of Kophai. ????

https://m.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/permalink/1221917795166544/?mibextid=Nif5oz

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I live local, been traveling Theprasit for over 20 years, it's dynamic, always changing, it's not perfect but it works. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/permalink/1221917795166544/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Here's another negative Thailand Facebook

group. 

What's wrong with people, if you are not happy go back to your own country. 

Don't complain. 

It's just bitchy, school yard stuff. 

Grow up fools 

Bloody pathetic foreigners. 

It makes me ill to read these posts, fed up with the whinging and whining. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pattayathailandinfo/permalink/3483742735215956/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 2

On 7/1/2023 at 1:54 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's got nothing to do with whinging it's pointing out the stupidity of the median strip. For someone with limited ability stepping over the "wall' is a nightmare and when it comes to the u-turns, well we all know how safe u-turns are.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 6:45 AM, ezzra said:

This median strip was erected in order to prevent U turns and bikes crossing traffic and to keep the traffic flowing, but Thai motorists, who are at best can be described as cowboy's style road users, are not used to such road's managements system and refuse to accept it.

It's true.  Many do not follow any road rules and are fiercely opposed to any efforts to force them to do so.  Laws, rules, regulations, all optional in the land of smiles.

I think the vast increase in traffic, particularly scooters is a key factor here. It's not just here mind, I often recieve reports from family and friends back in the UK about the roadworks and traffic congestion, anyway, the rain's holding off.

On 7/4/2023 at 12:13 PM, roger101 said:

It's got nothing to do with whinging it's pointing out the stupidity of the median strip. For someone with limited ability stepping over the "wall' is a nightmare and when it comes to the u-turns, well we all know how safe u-turns are.

And the system they had in place was better. 

Do you live locally, are you aware of the many, many accidents that happen every day? 

Change needs to happen.

Don't be so negative, give it a go. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 7/4/2023 at 12:13 PM, roger101 said:

no one should be crossing that road by walking, pre or post wall

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

no one should be crossing that road by walking, pre or post wall

So how the hell do I cross the road to get a Baht Bus? And for ezzras benefit this meridian strip has nothing to do with traffic management it's for the benefit of the Utility Companies.

18 minutes ago, roger101 said:

So how the hell do I cross the road to get a Baht Bus? And for ezzras benefit this meridian strip has nothing to do with traffic management it's for the benefit of the Utility Companies.

on that street a motorbike or car is required, safer than crossing the street I'm 100% sure

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Better protection than before though, nothing before

Didn't need it before. I have been crossing the road for years, no problem. It was very rare to wait for more than a minute or two for a gap in the traffic and before Covid it was very rare to wait for a long time for a Baht Bus.

I haven't walked across the road since they put up the "wall".

Another point is that my trip to the Bank is now 4 kilometers instead of 2.