Range anxiety? Fear not! 4,183km on a single tank

eisfeld

Acerbis built a bike based on the Honda Monkey that got a world record for distance covered on a single tank. They drove from Albino in northern Italy through Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway to the North Cape. It got a 108 liter tank ????

acerbis-guinness-motorcycle-distance-wor

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/honda-monkey-breaks-world-record-covering-4183-km-on-single-tank/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jan Dietz said:

I also want to play.

Screenshot-2016-07-07-20.24.25-e15426431

I would like that as a back up following my motorbike, I can manage about 17 to litre but easily do 12 when I want to push it excuse the pun. ????

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2023 at 4:50 PM, Jan Dietz said:

I also want to play.

Screenshot-2016-07-07-20.24.25-e15426431

That should just about make a Bangkok-Pattaya round trip in the Ford Raptor. 

Sorry got here from the newsletter. Didn't realise it was in the motorcycle thread. 

Edited by alien365

7 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

4183 Kilometers ÷ 1.6 = 2614 miles.

108 liters ÷ 4.54 = 23.78 gallons.

2614 ÷ 23.78 = 109.92 

It works out at 109.92 miles per gallon , my PCX does more than that 120 MPG

Heavily bike with larger tank

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

4183 Kilometers ÷ 1.6 = 2614 miles.

108 liters ÷ 4.54 = 23.78 gallons.

2614 ÷ 23.78 = 109.92 

It works out at 109.92 miles per gallon , my PCX does more than that 120 MPG

It would be 91.1 US MPG. Your numbers are rounded too much. According to Fuelly that's also about as much as a PCX 125 does but now add nearly 100kg of additional weight to carry.

10 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

It would be 91.1 US MPG. Your numbers are rounded too much. According to Fuelly that's also about as much as a PCX 125 does but now add nearly 100kg of additional weight to carry.

The 160 does 40 kilos to the Litre who cares.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The 160 does 40 kilos to the Litre who cares.

That's about as much as this Monkey which did 38.73 km/L. It's an unmodified engine so if anyone wants to go and try beat the record... shouldn't be too hard hm? ????

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

That's about as much as this Monkey which did 38.73 km/L. It's an unmodified engine so if anyone wants to go and try beat the record... shouldn't be too hard hm? ????

Yeah I can get maybe 18 to the litre out of my 900 but it's a lot more fun only getting 10 or 12, to break a record for less to litre is what I like. ????

20 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I used to drive a vehicle that used 3 gallons to the mile. 

That's 13.63827 liters per 1.6 kilometers.

4.5987 gallons per 1.5329 miles is not exactly impressive ????

23 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I am from the UK , a UK gallon is equivalent to 4.54 liters . My PCX does 120 MPG around Phuket with all the Hills and traffic ect and I am 100 kg , i expect on a long run it would do around 130 mpg 

On 6/29/2023 at 3:59 PM, eisfeld said:

They drove from Albino in northern Italy through Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway to the North Cape. It got a 108 liter tank

Well Duhh!! If they went from North Cape to Albino they would've got better mileage. Looking at my globe of the world the drive would've been downhill all the way. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brick Top said:

I am from the UK , a UK gallon is equivalent to 4.54 liters . My PCX does 120 MPG around Phuket with all the Hills and traffic ect and I am 100 kg , i expect on a long run it would do around 130 mpg 

Maybe don't use UK gallons when in a non-UK environment. Nearly noone in the world uses UK gallons. Thailand uses metric units and so does nearly all of Europe. Gallons are one of the worst units because not only do most countries not use gallons but gallons can mean different values between countries that do use gallons.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1