Antarctic sea ice at record low for end of June, warns Met Office

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO meaningless. Only thing that counts is actions other than imposing as many taxes as possible. Other than that, I see nothing being done or promoted that is affordable, acceptable and effective.

If governments actually believed it, would they allow Brazil to destroy the Amazonian rain forest?

So I should listen to you rather than th world scientific community? ...or just my Uncle?

What I know is that a few windmills and EVs are not going to make any difference.

I don't need a science degree to know that a lot of the stuff spouted is nothing to do with climate, and everything to do with taxes and money.

you "know" really, what makes you such an authority?

If governments actually believed it, would they allow Brazil to destroy the Amazonian rain forest?

THat has to get the ward for the most irrational false dichotomy on the entire thread - or even site.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You make a lot of personal comments against me, but say nothing on the topic. Is that because you have nothing to say on the subject?

When I point out the pucity of your thinking you take it personally, I'm commenting on the evidence you present.

It is unfortunate that climate deniers are unaware of how stupid they are, I hope you don't fit into that category.

4 hours ago, kwilco said:

When I point out the pucity of your thinking you take it personally, I'm commenting on the evidence you present.

It is unfortunate that climate deniers are unaware of how stupid they are, I hope you don't fit into that category.

The subject isn't me, so how about saying something about that, and yes I take insults directed at me personally as personal, and you just made another 2 personal insults ( one of which was badly disguised ), which I do take personally.

So why don't you take your hatred and bait someone else as you are off to the ignore list, and I won't be seeing your vitriol anymore.

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2023 at 3:50 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

So do tell us what is actually being done if you know so much. I see not much of anything that is affordable, acceptable and effective- zip, nada, zero.

Well, over and over again, you've demonstrated that you don't really follow news and reports on what is being done. Instead you offer empty generalizations qualified with IMO. Which I gather you believes exempts you from any responsibility to acquire actual knowledge. It's not incumbent upon members of this forum to educate you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, over and over again, you've demonstrated that you don't really follow news and reports on what is being done. Instead you offer empty generalizations qualified with IMO. Which I gather you believes exempts you from any responsibility to acquire actual knowledge. It's not incumbent upon members of this forum to educate you.

LOL. I'm not asking to be educated. I am asking as to what is being done as I see nothing much.

Given that neither you nor any other poster on the side of MMCC are able to give me any example of what is being done I can only assume that you don't know of anything either.

While it isn't on other members to educate me, it is incumbent under the forum rules to back up your claims with proof, and you have not done so, preferring to insult and prevaricate with silly comments.

LOL. I'm not asking to be educated. I am asking as to what is being done as I see nothing much.

Given that neither you nor any other poster on the side of MMCC are able to give me any example of what is being done I can only assume that you don't know of anything either.

While it isn't on other members to educate me, it is incumbent under the forum rules to back up your claims with proof, and you have not done so, preferring to insult and prevaricate with silly comments.

I frequently  back up my claims against your false. And you know what happens every time? You evaporate. You don't even have the courtesy to acknowledge my correctiona.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

I frequently  back up my claims against your false. And you know what happens every time? You evaporate. You don't even have the courtesy to acknowledge my correctiona.

Given that you are on ignore, don't be surprised if I don't reply to a post of yours unless someone else quotes you and I see that. I don't normally bother clicking on show given the tenor of your posts.

Had you been less insulting I would not have put you on ignore in the first place.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that you are on ignore, don't be surprised if I don't reply to a post of yours unless someone else quotes you and I see that. I don't normally bother clicking on show given the tenor of your posts.

Had you been less insulting I would not have put you on ignore in the first place.

Thanks for the passive-aggressive notification.

On 7/16/2023 at 9:45 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Antarctic sea ice has varied as long as people have been going there. Shackleton lost his ship because the sea ice was worse than normal the year he tried to cross Antactica, also Scott had worse weather than normal when he died returning from the pole.

Doesn't really matter how much sea ice there is, as it makes no difference to sea level, but if the ice shelves all collapsed, we might be in trouble.

https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

The data does not agree with your assertions. In fact, it looks like sea ice levels have fallen off a cliff the last 2 years.

S_iqr_timeseries.png

On 9/3/2023 at 2:50 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

So do tell us what is actually being done if you know so much. I see not much of anything that is affordable, acceptable and effective- zip, nada, zero.

First you disagree that there is a problem, then you claim there are no solutions, then when solutions are advanced, you say the solutions aren't needed because there is no problem.

Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

It's a classic troll technique.

On 9/2/2023 at 1:25 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

What I know is that a few windmills and EVs are not going to make any difference.

I don't need a science degree to know that a lot of the stuff spouted is nothing to do with climate, and everything to do with taxes and money.

Can you give some examples?

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

First you disagree that there is a problem, then you claim there are no solutions, then when solutions are advanced, you say the solutions aren't needed because there is no problem.

Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

It's a classic troll technique.

Example of that or you are making it up.

If anyone thinks that we insignificant humans can change nature with windmills and EVs, I have a bridge for sale.

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

"Antarctic sea ice has varied as long as people have been going there."

Nope.

Arctic sea ice extent is trending down.

LOL. you do know that "trends" go down and up, don't you? No point on seizing on something that happens a few times, as it will change again.

Scott made his trek to the pole in the wrong year as it was unusually colder then ( ie it had been warmer in previous years ), and Shackleton picked the wrong year for his as there was more sea ice than usual ( ie there had been less in previous years ), which prevented him reaching land.

Weather changes all the time, and more sea ice may form next year, or not, as the case may be.

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Example of that or you are making it up.

If anyone thinks that we insignificant humans can change nature with windmills and EVs, I have a bridge for sale.

Danderman123, you have made 3 posts after I posted that, but no quotes to prove what you said wasn't a porkie. Are you ever going to do so?