Problem with increasingly aggressive & violent wife

JammG

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know how many people are bipolar. But I know many Thais take drugs. And often drugs, and then craving for drugs, results in such behavior. That's what I would look first at the most likely scenario. And maybe he is lucky and get her away from drugs - if they are the problem. 

Since it can still bit of a medical mystery and a facet of life "hidden in plain sight" when undiagnosed in western cultures, It's not too much of a stretch to consider that's it's just as prevalent in Thailand where mental healthcare is poor to non-existent.

You have a point with drugs though. My former fiancee may have tried or been provided unknowingly with some designer drugs that were prevalent where we lived and worked back in the early 1990's. It was like one summer a switch had been flicked and her manageable manic moments became more interspersed with intense bouts of unmanageable paranoid schizophrenia. Her maternal grandmother was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and eventually ended up in an insane asylum so her mum, although saddened and hurt, wasn't overly surprised.

Back on topic: The op does need to enlist both legal and mental health professionals before his situation goes too badly wrong.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Her maternal grandmother was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia

That's surprising because schizophrenia, when it is inherited (50% of cases), is almost always through the paternal lineage (90%).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plern said:

It's not worth it. On or off drugs. I'm all for keeping a marriage and family together but this one is just a matter of when not if.

Get another apartment if you can afford two. Start divorce proceedings. Why live in that hell?

How do you know?

I guess he married her because he loved her at some time.

Drugs change people tremendously. And some people give up drugs and are normal again.

I think in a situation with a young child it's a good idea to try to restore the situation, even if it is difficult.

If he finds out the situation is impossible then he can still divorce her. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1