Non IM B visa

My lawyer says that for a new 3 month Non B visa (not me) now has to have application for the W/P at the same time to get the new authorization letter requirement from the labour department for the B visa. He quoted 40 k. I feel it's over the top. (Plus the mini bus trip at 13K) 

Then when it needs changing to a "Permission to stay" at the end of 3 months, another 35k? 

Anybody been through the usual B/S hoops lately?

Edited by Bagwain

are you getting the non-b outside of Thailand?

if so there is no way you can get the work permit before the visa.

changwattana is asking documents from the work place before work permit. Work permit wants visa extension first. 

well of course it will be 40K up because you are using a lawyer which is actually 3100 baht for the work permit and 1900 for the visa extension. New non-b is 3000 baht. 

i would go and do everything by myself. no need a lawyer for 8K thing and pay 40K lol plus you need to be there personally to extend the visa and get a new non-b visa. 

the numbers you are talking about... have no idea where you get them or who told you.

new non-b 3000 baht + extension 1900 baht + 3100 work permit = 8K 

Here are some numbers which lawyers and accounting companies quoted recently:

Non-B application: between 20k to 35k

Work permit application: between 15k to 60k

Work permit renewal: between 12k to 25k

I won't name any companies. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

the numbers you are talking about... have no idea where you get them or who told you.

new non-b 3000 baht + extension 1900 baht + 3100 work permit = 8K 

I guess what you write are the fees.

If you apply for a Non-B or work permit that requires many many documents. I guess that is where the lawyers and accountant fees come from to prepare all these documents. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Here are some numbers which lawyers and accounting companies quoted recently:

Non-B application: between 20k to 35k

Work permit application: between 15k to 60k

Work permit renewal: between 12k to 25k

I won't name any companies. 

Thanks for the sensible answer.

Sounds about right.

Any chance to gouge/hit farang for satang.

Usual keyboard warriors are wasting everybodies time, especially their own! ????????

About all those applications and the charges from lawyers, accountants, agents:

In my limited experience it is often a headache to know which documents are currently required.

And even when we know which documents are required, then it might still be a problem to present them correctly.

Not long ago I was in a Thai embassy to apply for a tourist visa. Before I applied, I looked at their website to see which documents then want. And I looked at their application form.

Some things are not obvious. And with a business visa things are a lot more complicated.

Most of us just want to get things done. If we can do them ourselves, fine. But if we have to go several times, get several times documents which we didn't know about or didn't understand, wait outside, wait inside, answer questions which seem to have no connection to our application, wait some more and hope all will be fine, ... then at some point we ask ourselves: Wouldn't it be smarter to pay someone money to do all that for us?

Many of us pay, and maybe we pay "too much" to avoid headache and time wasted.

5 hours ago, Bagwain said:

My lawyer says that for a new 3 month Non B visa (not me) now has to have application for the W/P at the same time to get the new authorization letter requirement from the labour department for the B visa. He quoted 40 k. I feel it's over the top. (Plus the mini bus trip at 13K) 

Then when it needs changing to a "Permission to stay" at the end of 3 months, another 35k? 

Anybody been through the usual B/S hoops lately?

We are on the same boat.

Been 3weeks to figure out this. Tried to contact almost every Visa agencies and Acocunting services in town, the requirements are different as some says "a" some says "b".

On 7/3/2023 at 5:25 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess what you write are the fees.

If you apply for a Non-B or work permit that requires many many documents. I guess that is where the lawyers and accountant fees come from to prepare all these documents. 

hi

probably it depends on the work. For me all i need is my own documents (passport / academic degree / TM30 / 90 days and my military past documents) and documents from the work i would say nothing more than 5-6 pages.