Pattaya robbery: Mother and son targeted, stolen valuables worth 100,000 baht

webfact

image.jpeg

In a disquieting Pattaya robbery event, a mother and her young son became victims of a theft in their rental room in Pattaya. The 26 year old mother found her home broken into and valuables worth more than 100,000 baht, including her four year old son’s cherished piggy banks, taken.

The mother, Nisachon Charoengpong, brought this dreadful Pattaya robbery incident to the police’s attention, guiding them into the room, explaining the situation, and indicating the area from which the thief had removed items. She conveyed that during the break-in, which occurred around 5pm one day and was discovered the next day at 5am, neither she nor her son was present.

Finding the locked door left wide open and the lights still on, Nisachon realised something had gone horribly wrong. Among the stolen items, the three piggy banks held a special place. They belonged to her son, a preschooler, who had been diligently saving from his school allowance. Following the traumatic Pattaya robbery incident, the young boy reportedly fell silent, refusing to speak.

by Top 

Photo courtesy of TMN Cable TV Pattaya.

#news

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/pattaya-mother-and-son-robbed-childs-piggy-banks-worth-100000-baht-stolen

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Something fishy here, the woman keep 100k of valuable and cash in a cheap dorm setting, locked steel door, no other points of entry, how did the thieves got in?

It's a house, not Fort Knox. The thieves broke in. It's what thieves do.

• Like 2

26 years old in cheap dorm but claiming she had 100K in valuables and piggy banks.

Pigs might fly,

I am finding this a bit difficult to believe, not a break in, that is always possible but where does the figure 100K come from?

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Something fishy here, the woman keep 100k of valuable and cash in a cheap dorm setting, locked steel door, no other points of entry, how did the thieves got in?

They broke in it is what burglars do

29 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

26 years old in cheap dorm but claiming she had 100K in valuables and piggy banks.

Pigs might fly,

100K baht mate. What are you worth?

Married so likely has some gold, kids also given gold at birth by friends, a couple of Ipads, phones, savings, laptop etc

Pattaya, it was probably a farang.

31 minutes ago, Goat said:

100K baht mate. What are you worth?

Married so likely has some gold, kids also given gold at birth by friends, a couple of Ipads, phones, savings, laptop etc

Pattaya, it was probably a farang.

A hell of a lot more than that.

But even I don't leave that amount of cash or valuables around the house and I am in my own compound with six dogs, a secure safe, an camera system with movement lights in the garden areas.

I certainly wouldn't leave those sums in a 3/4,000 baht a month single room, and I don't know many Thais that would either, if the workers had that kind of money saved, which they rarely do.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is lots of money for a Thai but I see no reason she making it up by reporting it if it was a hotel yes? 

I know a few Thais that don't really trust banks I wouldn't be surprise? 

I look at the photo been around these type of gates where she points is the weak spot nice big square opening as noted even here if they want to they going to get in. 

I take a good guess whoever broke had connection to someone she knows you don't just break in unless you know even here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

A hell of a lot more than that.

But even I don't leave that amount of cash or valuables around the house and I am in my own compound with six dogs, a secure safe, an camera system with movement lights in the garden areas.

I certainly wouldn't leave those sums in a 3/4,000 baht a month single room, and I don't know many Thais that would either, if the workers had that kind of money saved, which they rarely do.

Yeah, but you're in Liverpool

• Haha 1