I think I’m having a nervous breakdown.

bob smith

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Seek professional medical advice for possible therapy or medication.

Otherwise, try going to your nearest entertainment area, find a nice girl and have a good time.  Gets my mind off other issues and always puts me in a great mood.

Bar girls?? 

no thanks. Id rather defecate in my hands and clap! 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, bogs smith said:

Bar girls?? 

no thanks. Id rather defecate in my hands and clap! 

Your language indicates frustration and boredom not depression. Eating kfc, talking about Phils and Cambodia. Go book a plane ticket.

12 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I told the OP back in December on his "Making Friends with Thai Men" thread that I thought he was in danger of being chewed up and spit out by Thailand. I wrote this out of genuine concern. My bottom line assessment is that he has failed to make the transition from an endless summer, party animal, holiday maker mindset to a more sustainable expat lifestyle, one with a sense of purpose.

The OP has an enviable talent for starting threads which generate a lot of hits, and seemingly has a lot of energy. He needs to find some activities that give him a sense of genuine fulfillment instead of activities which only temporarily fill an inner void. In my estimation, his transition to a more sustainable lifestyle is long overdue, and if he continues down the road of distraction and dissipation,  he will soon discover - if he hasn't already - that Thailand has wrung his life force out of him and he has little to show for it.

Thailand has a knack for letting people wallow in self-delusion and when reality hits, it's often not pretty. I've seen Thailand chew up and spit out lots of guys, many better men than me. You really have to take care of yourself here. Looking at Thailand as a playground is dangerous.

I appreciate your well thought out, articulate input.

you are pretty spot on tbh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Try some cannabis oil, or full-fat weed.

Well, sure worked for me. But I was just situationally bummed out when I got here, not for-real depressed.

A psychiatrist should be your first stop. They'll give you all the valium you need, if that's their call. I agree, you sound depressed and therefore may need antidepressants, not valium.

I was on them, they def tends to shutdown the sex drive. I recall saying to the shrink, "can't you just take my eyes instead?". Anyway, that def motivated me to change my life.

23 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I told the OP back in December on his "Making Friends with Thai Men" thread that I thought he was in danger of being chewed up and spit out by Thailand. I wrote this out of genuine concern. My bottom line assessment is that he has failed to make the transition from an endless summer, party animal, holiday maker mindset to a more sustainable expat lifestyle, one with a sense of purpose.

The OP has an enviable talent for starting threads which generate a lot of hits, and seemingly has a lot of energy. He needs to find some activities that give him a sense of genuine fulfillment instead of activities which only temporarily fill an inner void. In my estimation, his transition to a more sustainable lifestyle is long overdue, and if he continues down the road of distraction and dissipation,  he will soon discover - if he hasn't already - that Thailand has wrung his life force out of him and he has little to show for it.

Thailand has a knack for letting people wallow in self-delusion and when reality hits, it's often not pretty. I've seen Thailand chew up and spit out lots of guys, many better men than me. You really have to take care of yourself here. Looking at Thailand as a playground is dangerous.

Well said. Worthwhile meaningful hobbies. Drugs, junk food, booze are a quick ticket to unhappiness.

2 hours ago, bogs smith said:

Ive had a lot of experience with diazepam . Used to be easy to get it and it helped wiened me off the booze before. Trouble is its harder to get over the counter this days. How many pills will the hospital or clinic prescribe me? 1 strip of 10 will be nowhwee near enough

For goodness sake go and see a medical professional.  Nobody on this anonymous forum is in any position to advise you. You have no idea who you are interacting with on here. 

• Like 1

Is it possible that there is something else behind this so-called depression??

I say this because even though the avatar shows a male (and a gay one at that from the movie "Shawshank Redemption) the avatar description says: – Gender. Female?

Then in one of the posts the OP says that they prefer Filipino women?

So I'm confused as to exactly what this poster is all about? Coming to terms with their sexuality could be a part of the "nervous breakdown/depression"?? Who knows.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hard to agree with switching from one drug (alcohol) to another (valium). An active social life would help support you. Having people around is often a way to end depression, although being depressed may make you want to be alone. Start with coffee with one friend and build on that.

The thing is, so much depends on having the courage to do something, not stay home and feel bad. I took a depressed friend to meet a psychiatrist at a local hospital. One of the early questions was do you have any hobbies? No? Then find some.

As others have said, exercise is a good idea. Combined with mobile phone photography as a hobby and long walks snapping photos for your Instagram or Facebook portfolio may help. 

Small or big  changes in diet and exercise might help. First time I got back swimming and got under a bench press after a long break it felt good and made me want to keep it up. Diet doesn’t need to be super healthy - along with normal stuff add some more greens, brown rice, dark chocolate. Less alcohol. If changes like that become impossible maybe you need some help. 
Secondly it can be good to stop trying.. to be friendly, amusing, manly whatever. Stop trying and get your feet back on the ground so to speak. 

10 minutes ago, Purdey said:

As others have said, exercise is a good idea. Combined with mobile phone photography as a hobby and long walks snapping photos for your Instagram or Facebook portfolio may help.

Quite possibly getting RID of your Farcebook and other social media rubbish could also help.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bogs smith said:

So the kfc i just ordered was a bad idea? 

The sense of humor on display has me thinking the OP is creating clickbait for enjoyment. Whatever turns his/her crank.

Alcohol is a well-known depressant. Full stop.

https://www.addictioncenter.com/alcohol/is-alcohol-a-depressant/

Anti-depressants work; however-

Common Side Effects
  • Anxiety.
  • Blurred vision.
  • Constipation.
  • Dizziness.
  • Dry mouth.
  • Fatigue.
  • Feeling numb.
  • Insomnia.

Develop an exercise routine instead, build up gradually. Stick to it. Find a sport to enjoy playing.

I was on anti-depressants for about 30 years, until I realized changing my mindset was needed to get off them. I have not taken them for about 8 years.

If Thailand is unbearable, change. Personally, I prefer Thailand much more than Australia, mainly because it is no longer the Australia I grew up in.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

"if i go to the hospital what are they likely to do for me? "

Give you Amoxy and tell you to return in 2 weeks if symptoms persist.

Don't forget the Paracetomol as well!

2 hours ago, bogs smith said:

Ive had a lot of experience with diazepam . Used to be easy to get it and it helped wiened me off the booze before. Trouble is its harder to get over the counter this days. How many pills will the hospital or clinic prescribe me? 1 strip of 10 will be nowhwee near enough

Ah, so you're NOT serious then.

Thought so.

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

"if i go to the hospital what are they likely to do for me? "

Give you Amoxy and tell you to return in 2 weeks if symptoms persist.

You missed the Paracetamol and Vitamin C, they'll give you that too

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I say this because even though the avatar shows a male (and a gay one at that from the movie "Shawshank Redemption) the avatar description says: – Gender. Female?

So I'm confused as to exactly what this poster is all about? Coming to terms with their sexuality could be a part of the "nervous breakdown/depression"?? Who knows.

We're not supposed to feed them either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there not AA support on this forum ?

A voice on the phone or face-to-face will help as they know the help and support playbook...

Thai beer generally seemed to put me in a worse hangover than I ever had with non-Thai beers...if it is beer you are hitting hard.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Thats what I thought.

• Thumbs Up 1