I think I’m having a nervous breakdown.

bob smith

3 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Go home. Many people develop mental issues while traveling but they resolve as soon as they return home.

Otherwise find a psychologist it will be cheaper than back in your home too.

I get depressed going home. Travelling is the best thing in the world.

4 hours ago, bogs smith said:

Everything seems to be getting on top of me lately. Im also drinking way too mcuh and using the booze to self medicate. 

if i go to the hospital what are they likely to do for me? 

Drink coffee every-time you have an urge for alcohol.

4 hours ago, bogs smith said:

Everything seems to be getting on top of me lately. Im also drinking way too mcuh and using the booze to self medicate. 

if i go to the hospital what are they likely to do for me? 

My advice (as I drink my beer) is……….lay off the booze. Alcohol does nothing but exacerbate the problem. Investigate medications such as Zoloft. It takes about a month before you notice a difference but you will eventually feel better using SSRI meds. 

13 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

My advice (as I drink my beer) is……….lay off the booze. Alcohol does nothing but exacerbate the problem. Investigate medications such as Zoloft. It takes about a month before you notice a difference but you will eventually feel better using SSRI meds. 

5-htp works the first day...look it up.. ..no wait time as for some the wait time is critical.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Diazepam has been around for many, many  years, half the world uses that type of medications with out any issues as long as they didn't abuse it, the doctors will give the op the same or similar anyway as a starter.

millions are hooked on valium, its handed out like confetti by the quacks. Yeah half the world has no issues, until they run out or try to stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

millions are hooked on valium, its handed out like confetti by the quacks. Yeah half the world has no issues, until they run out or try to stop.

Depends on the person, I stopped overnight in the 70's my mate took years to get off it and said it was more difficult than booze and heroin, which he was also addicted to.

It seems once the brain chemistry goes,  thats it,  game over. I only see a lot of people with anxiety depression problems chasing their tails with medications.  The best you can do is simplify.  Go back to basics.  Do what works for you.  Mild exercise,  entertainment,  social contacts. Good diet. 

You could try deep fasting.  The brain and what you feel can go through some dramatic changes for the positive.  Problem is.  Having water only for two weeks is challenging enough even when you are healthy. 

Not a big fan of meds,  but id recommend going through your home countries doctor. 

Wish you all the best in life and death. 

10 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

It seems once the brain chemistry goes,  thats it,  game over. I only see a lot of people with anxiety depression problems chasing their tails with medications.  The best you can do is simplify.  Go back to basics.  Do what works for you.  Mild exercise,  entertainment,  social contacts. Good diet. 

You could try deep fasting.  The brain and what you feel can go through some dramatic changes for the positive.  Problem is.  Having water only for two weeks is challenging enough even when you are healthy. 

Not a big fan of meds,  but id recommend going through your home countries doctor. 

Wish you all the best in life and death. 

Fast for 24 hrs first then try 40 hours.

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:
3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Correct, we have absolutely no idea who the OP really is.

Or who you or I are ! 

And we're not the one's soliciting advice on mental health issues either.

My response was to augment another member's suggestion that blindly suggesting controlled substances as the solution to the problems of people they don't know is just plain dumb.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My response was to augment another member's suggestion that blindly suggesting controlled substances as the solution to the problems of people they don't know is just plain dumb.

We do not know that it's a medical issue.

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Lots of things/opinions/subjects/replies/debates/advice that appear on anonymous forums are plain dumb/wrong/biased/twisted/irritating/laughable etc.  Goodness knows why any sane person bothers with them, but I would say that about any social media platform.  I include myself in that statement.   

Drugs/medications of any kind (inc. alcohol) are rarely the solution to these kinds of problems.

Looking at the OP's profile I suspect he is wrestling with some kind of sexual identity issue which is leading to psychological turmoil.

His avatar is that of a gay man, whilst he gives his location as 'waiting for you in the prison showers'. He also displays a dislike of bar girls.

Probably the best thing is a flight back to his home country and therapy/counselling with a native speaker where these issues can be explored and, hopefully, resolved.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Do not take pills without seeking help first. Terrible advice.

Just ask Truman Capote.  I believe it was he who gradually became dependent on diazepam (valium) or some other tranquilizer.

From the NYT:  

"Mr. Gold said barbituates, Valium, anti-seizure drugs, and pain killers found during toxicological tests were all medicines prescribed for the novelist.

Mr. Capote, 59 years old, who publicly conceded having a longtime problem with alcohol and drugs, died in his sleep last Aug. 25 in the Bel Air home of his friend Joanne Carson, the second wife of the television comedian Johnny Carson. He had been a guest in her home since Aug. 20."

Unless you want to get REALLY stuck, then avoid Valium, as well as other psychotropic drugs, like the plague.

I have never had a problem with Valium because I know that Valium/Dalmane is for very short time us, only, unless it is being used for sedation before surgery, etc, in the hospital setting. There are plenty of horror stories available concerning use of this drug, tapering off this drug, suicide from this drug, you name it...

Such as:

"Jordan Peterson seeks 'emergency' drug detox treatment in Russia"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/jordan-peterson-treatment-russia-1.5456939

I had a friend who got strung out on Valium and other drugs as well as alcohol.

He was only 35.

He put an end to his pain by jumping off the roof of one of those very tall buildings/flats built during the Soviet era, somewhere in a city in Serbia.

After reading the literature, I would NEVER take antidepressants, which I think is what affected Peterson, but not sure.

IMHO, modern psychotropic drugs do more harm than good.

I can only speak for myself:  You could not pay me enough to take those kinds of prescription drugs.

WHY?  Well, if you had studied the brain, as have I, then you would know that the brain will adapt to compensate for any psychotropic drug.  Therefore anything but VERY short-term use is a losing game.  It's so OBVIOUS.  How dumb do you gotta be to understand the SCIENCE? (I am NOT a medical doctor. But, for that matter, MDs, medical doctors are ALSO not Scientists.  They practice the ART of medicine, not the SCIENCE of medicine.  Therefore, you just gotta do your own due diligence.  With psychotropic drugs....THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH!)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just ask Truman Capote.  I believe it was he who gradually became dependent on diazepam (valium) or some other tranquilizer.

From the NYT:  

"Mr. Gold said barbituates, Valium, anti-seizure drugs, and pain killers found during toxicological tests were all medicines prescribed for the novelist.

Mr. Capote, 59 years old, who publicly conceded having a longtime problem with alcohol and drugs, died in his sleep last Aug. 25 in the Bel Air home of his friend Joanne Carson, the second wife of the television comedian Johnny Carson. He had been a guest in her home since Aug. 20."

Unless you want to get REALLY stuck, then avoid Valium, as well as other psychotropic drugs, like the plague.

I have never had a problem with Valium because I know that Valium/Dalmane is for very short time us, only, unless it is being used for sedation before surgery, etc, in the hospital setting. There are plenty of horror stories available concerning use of this drug, tapering off this drug, suicide from this drug, you name it...

Such as:

"Jordan Peterson seeks 'emergency' drug detox treatment in Russia"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/jordan-peterson-treatment-russia-1.5456939

I had a friend who got strung out on Valium and other drugs as well as alcohol.

He was only 35.

He put an end to his pain by jumping off the roof of one of those very tall buildings/flats built during the Soviet era, somewhere in a city in Serbia.

After reading the literature, I would NEVER take antidepressants, which I think is what affected Peterson, but not sure.

IMHO, modern psychotropic drugs do more harm than good.

I can only speak for myself:  You could not pay me enough to take those kinds of prescription drugs.

WHY?  Well, if you had studied the brain, as have I, then you would know that the brain will adapt to compensate for any psychotropic drug.  Therefore anything but VERY short-term use is a losing game.  It's so OBVIOUS.  How dumb do you gotta be to understand the SCIENCE? (I am NOT a medical doctor. But, for that matter, MDs, medical doctors are ALSO not Scientists.  They practice the ART of medicine, not the SCIENCE of medicine.  Therefore, you just gotta do your own due diligence.  With psychotropic drugs....THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH!)

For alcohol withdrawal therapy, which is the Topic:  Valium should NEVER be used in any outpatient scenario.

For in-patient therapy, Valium is a godsend.

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:
4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

We do not know that it's a medical issue.

I didn't suggest it was.

If you have a mental health problem then it is likely to follow you wherever you go.

So I would suggest that you seek professional help.

You need an objective assessment then you may be offered counseling to help you see yourself out of the rut and reduce or stop your heavy alcohol intake.

I would suggest two paths, either you go to the Psychiatric Hospital and ask to see a Psychiatrist. There are Males  or Females, English Speaking. They may prescribe medication and follow you up to see if you are improving, and or he or she may refer you to a Psychologist for counseling. That is Suan Prung Hospital. You can ask for Dr Artitayaposn ( female who speaks English). I have known her for 3 years. She is very good.

Or you can go to CM Ram Hospital and ask to see a Psychiatrist, you can ask for Dr Suttipan. He’s a Consultant Psychiatrist who is also very experienced in treating depression and or alcohol abuse. He also co-owns The Hills Rehab in Mae Rim. He also offers alternative medicine/ treatment after an assessment. I have worked with him for several years, he’s good. He also has access to counseling.

Or you can contact another Rehab Service in Mae Rim and ask to see Lee. He is an English trained Head Psychologist experienced in assessments of mental health problems with alcohol or addictions.

He works at the Cabin. I have also worked with him and he’s very good.

Seriously consider professional help or you might regret it later in life. If you don’t need or want medication then let them know this.

• Like 1

Sorry I forgot to ask first, where are living.

Why do people ask for help/ advice and never give their location??

Maybe I wasted my time if you’re not in CM, but good luck, follow the path I recommend or as the Thais say “ It’s up to you “!!