SCB EasyNet Mobile App logon?

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Good for you. I agree. I have a mobilephone but refuse to put banking apps on it. Just an invitation to fraud if I lose my phone.

I do most of my banking on a laptop at home,with Bangkok Bank. I have an SCB account too but may well just move the money and close the account. 

This was a mistake on their part IMO. 

My wifey and i have done exactly that and closed both our SCB accounts and opened new accounts with Bangkok Bank.

4 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

If they simply retained internet banking there wouldn't be a problem would there

Indeed

Quite farcical situation that I have absolutely no way of knowing exactly what is in my account having exhausted every avenue including picking up the trumpet itself

I'm reluctant to send further transfers at the current slightly higher rate Brits are achieving

You couldnt make this up clearly a classic case of TIT

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My wifey and i have done exactly that and closed both our SCB accounts and opened new accounts with Bangkok Bank.

Did you contact SCB and gain any new info?

I'm finding it hard to believe they allow no other access than their stinkin phone app. I resent that kind of aggressive coercion from such service providers.

I have been happy with BBL for the last six years and have three accounts there, including one just for visa purposes. They push their phone app too, but I declined.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I am thinking the same however what is to say that the other banks will not follow SCB's example and switch to mobile?  Is this a trend?  Local/internationl?  Just seems pointless opening new a/c's elswhere if the same will happn.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have now returned from my trip to the SCB

The main points to note:

Internet banking with SCB remains.

In my case I already had the dedicated app on my phone, without realising it, and they confirmed that this is already good to go in spite of other thoughts I had of something new needing to be installed!

Only one device can have the APP installed.

After 14th July I will be unable to use my PC for doing Internet stuff with my two accounts. (as per only one device and no direct Internet service). It turns out that I am virtually unaffected as I can do all I want with the App on my phone;

Important to realise is that the "SCB Easy" route was direct to their website on the Internet using Browsers that make it more likely of accounts being compromised. I am reassured that the changes are for the benefit of Customers. This is their reason for the sole use of the dedicated App that is more secure!

Others have mentioned of having to sign a Disclaimer and or maybe involving facial recognition re more than B50,000 transfers. Not even mentioned to me!

I have seen on the forum that a few people don't have a mobile phone but I am sure this is a minority. Yes, I understand that this is not so good for them.

I think it is possible other banks will follow suit!

One other observation:

One of my Accounts is in Udon Thani, that one receiving my Government and private pension for the last 14 years so didn't want that account to be difficult to access with any new arrangement. I haven't had an ATM card or a Bank book for seven years. If Internet banking ceased with SCB, it would have been very inconvenient to transfer to other accounts. The second was opened in Chiang Mai and that I use for regular banking activities with a new card and bank book issued at my local branch in Lampang. I mention this as some Members might have accounts in different Provinces from their residences and believing problem could arise as I know often they do in this scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Did you contact SCB and gain any new info?

I'm finding it hard to believe they allow no other access than their stinkin phone app. I resent that kind of aggressive coercion from such service providers.

I have been happy with BBL for the last six years and have three accounts there, including one just for visa purposes. They push their phone app too, but I declined.

Thanks

Wifey and i are really not happy to use our phones for banking for all the obvious reasons and to be given no option i find that unacceptable. I've had a Bangkok Bank online account for 3 years now due to the needs of Immigration and the 65K income method for my retirement extension and i'm really happy with the service i receive from my local branch, they are very very helpful so for us its a no brainer.

Now lets just hope they don't decide to go down the same route as SCB.

16 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I am thinking the same however what is to say that the other banks will not follow SCB's example and switch to mobile?  Is this a trend?  Local/internationl?  Just seems pointless opening new a/c's elswhere if the same will happn.

Yes indeed, lets hope that is not the case.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I have now returned from my trip to the SCB

The main points to note:

Internet banking with SCB remains.

In my case I already had the dedicated app on my phone, without realising it, and they confirmed that this is already good to go in spite of other thoughts I had of something new needing to be installed!

Only one device can have the APP installed.

After 14th July I will be unable to use my PC for doing Internet stuff with my two accounts. (as per only one device and no direct Internet service). It turns out that I am virtually unaffected as I can do all I want with the App on my phone;

Important to realise is that the "SCB Easy" route was direct to their website on the Internet using Browsers that make it more likely of accounts being compromised. I am reassured that the changes are for the benefit of Customers. This is their reason for the sole use of the dedicated App that is more secure!

Others have mentioned of having to sign a Disclaimer and or maybe involving facial recognition re more than B50,000 transfers. Not even mentioned to me!

I have seen on the forum that a few people don't have a mobile phone but I am sure this is a minority. Yes, I understand that this is not so good for them.

I think it is possible other banks will follow suit!

One other observation:

One of my Accounts is in Udon Thani, that one receiving my Government and private pension for the last 14 years so didn't want that account to be difficult to access with any new arrangement. I haven't had an ATM card or a Bank book for seven years. If Internet banking ceased with SCB, it would have been very inconvenient to transfer to other accounts. The second was opened in Chiang Mai and that I use for regular banking activities with a new card and bank book issued at my local branch in Lampang. I mention this as some Members might have accounts in different Provinces from their residences and believing problem could arise as I know often they do in this scenario.

Thanks for your post but i for one don't believe that, more like saving on costs etc

On 7/5/2023 at 9:20 PM, SurfRider said:

Since SCB bank is eliminating Web-based online banking, I tried setting up an account on their Mobile App. 

I can't get past the first page requiring Passport Number and Birth Date. 

No further details or instructions are provided. 

Has anyone had this problem or any idea how to proceed? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Me neither.  I can't get past it asking for a PIN.  I only have one PIN with SCB but the setup fails there.
Like another commenter stated, I'll be taking the phone to SCB and let them install it for me.  It shouldn't be this difficult - but? 

3 hours ago, connda said:

Me neither.  I can't get past it asking for a PIN.  I only have one PIN with SCB but the setup fails there.
Like another commenter stated, I'll be taking the phone to SCB and let them install it for me.  It shouldn't be this difficult - but? 

Just a point: The App isn't new; my App was installed by SCB a few months ago when I bought a new phone (for other reasons), and was pronounced as being the one to use when I visited the bank yesterday. I am unable to answer the problem you are having but it won't be if they do it for you!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks for your post but i for one don't believe that, more like saving on costs etc

So do I believe your opinion, rather than the bank that told me as a fact! In any case, what is wrong with an organisation wanting to save on its costs to which I imagine you think will be to your automatic detriment!

On 7/6/2023 at 2:07 PM, ChrisKC said:

In the next few days, I will be going to SCB branch with my Thai wife to ensure that after 14 July when the current system stops, I will be able to make transfers from my two accounts with them to wherever I choose from my PC and my phone, using the Internet!

Thanks for the idea! 

If you're lucky enough to find anyone at SCB who is helpful, could you please get a name & post the Branch & Name here?

19 hours ago, connda said:

Exactly. Only a very much 3rd world country has a situation whereby a foreign national holding a perfectly entitled to bank account has absolutely zero access to it by any method at all and no idea of the balance

Mine could be emptied and the first time I will know about it is the morning after the day I arrive in Thailand in the Autumn

Utterly farcical that they refuse to give me the balance over the phone despite having access to a OTP if they sent one

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2023 at 6:21 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Well, if excessive fraud is making the cost of online banking prohibitive, maybe that's the reason. But there are safeguards with facial recognition that can be used with online banking. Recently, with a Wise transfer, I had to take a picture of my passport (as a baseline), then a selfie for comparison. When these matched, I was told to continue with my online banking transfer, which I happily did from my desktop computer.

There'll be enough IT illiterates out there to cause at least one bank's business plan to retain online banking. Yes, there now may be facial recognition thrown in, forcing one to buy a mobile phone, or maybe just a Webcam. This could be problematic for geezers, who believe a "selfie" refers to masturbation.

Edited by JimGant
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

This could be problematic for geezers, who believe a "selfie" refers to masturbation.

Yes, that's the new rumor. 

After July 14, SCB will require a selfie of masturbation for any cash transaction over 100 baht!   ????  ????