SCB EasyNet Mobile App logon?

Since SCB bank is eliminating Web-based online banking, I tried setting up an account on their Mobile App. 

I can't get past the first page requiring Passport Number and Birth Date. 

No further details or instructions are provided. 

Has anyone had this problem or any idea how to proceed? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

• Like 2

I don't have a mobile phone so loosing the SCB transfer options from my PC is going to be a bit inconvenient :wacko:

Been doing a bit of Googling and seems it's possible to get a USB Modem with SIM and set up a PC to use  "INTERNET AND TELEPHONY SERVICES"

Anyone tried this?  Would it work with the SCB App?

Any thoughts? :unsure:

https://www.quora.com/Can-SIM-cards-be-used-in-a-desktop-computer

Is it possible to use a laptop as a full time mobile phone if it doesn't have a sim card slot?
Yes, it does. It’s called a USB modem.
Insert the SIM in the modem, and connect it to your laptop. After installing drivers and software (depending on where you bought it (manufacturer or operator)) and having credit in the SIM card, it gives you both INTERNET AND TELEPHONY SERVICES)

https://www.wharftt.com/where-to-put-your-sim-card-in-your-computer-advantages-disadvantages-and-tips/

Having a SIM card in a computer may sound like a strange concept, but it’s actually quite useful. A SIM card allows users to access mobile networks, which makes it possible to access the Internet, make and receive calls, and send and receive text messages. But if you’re wondering where to put your SIM card in the computer, there are a few different options. In this article, we’ll discuss where you can place a SIM card in your computer, including some of the advantages and disadvantages of each option. We’ll also go over some tips for keeping your SIM card secure and in good condition. With this information, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about the best place to put your SIM card in your computer.

:smile:

Currently its just a nightmare

I thought I had regained access (or was about to) with the recovery of my Thai Sim access but as the OP is finding its just impossible to seemingly register

Letting the Sim actively roam makes absolutely no difference......I can get past the OTP having entered passport number DOB etc at which point it reverts to the standard 6 digit log in I  enter the OTP and it promptly states "we cannot process your request"

If I switch to UK Sim or Wifi it produces identical message but with the addition "please try again later"

Edited by Chivas
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SurfRider said:

And it doesn't show any error message or the like?

Just does nothing?

Be aware that a successful registration is only possible if you are connected via mobile data (Thai provider) during the process. WiFi does not work.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

In the next few days, I will be going to SCB branch with my Thai wife to ensure that after 14 July when the current system stops, I will be able to make transfers from my two accounts with them to wherever I choose from my PC and my phone, using the Internet!

Edited by ChrisKC
typo

17 hours ago, SurfRider said:

Since SCB bank is eliminating Web-based online banking, I tried setting up an account on their Mobile App. 

Has anyone had this problem or any idea how to proceed? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

pain in the butt i recall.... go scb smile and pick the smartest lookin person u can find, normally the least attractive

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

In the next few days, I will be going to SCB branch with my Thai wife to ensure that after 14 July when the current system stops, I will be able to make transfers from my two accounts with them to wherever I choose from my PC and my phone, using the Internet!

Beware... There is as the NDID issue.

As of 4th July, any transaction over 50,000 baht requires 'facial ID' which needs to be set up at an SCB Branch and tied to a National ID card. The issue of course is that SCB has no such system for foreigners, so you are unable to register for their 'facial ID' thingy...  

So, the Thai Banking systems have increased their security (as per a new law), but SCB can't do this for foreigners, if you want to transfer more than 50,000 baht you have to contact your branch and sign some sort of disclaimer that if fraud occurs on your account you'll accept it !!!...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Beware... There is as the NDID issue.

As of 4th July, any transaction over 50,000 baht requires 'facial ID' which needs to be set up at an SCB Branch and tied to a National ID card. The issue of course is that SCB has no such system for foreigners, so you are unable to register for their 'facial ID' thingy...  

So, the Thai Banking systems have increased their security (as per a new law), but SCB can't do this for foreigners, if you want to transfer more than 50,000 baht you have to contact your branch and sign some sort of disclaimer that if fraud occurs on your account you'll accept it !!!...

Thank you, Richard, I will refer that point to them when I visit!

4 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Been doing a bit of Googling and seems it's possible to get a USB Modem with SIM and set up a PC to use  "INTERNET AND TELEPHONY SERVICES"

Anyone tried this?  Would it work with the SCB App?

Any thoughts? :unsure:

No, it will not. It's about the operation software. This USB Modem ist just getting your PC connected to the Internet (like wifi just using the sim card). 

However, you still have the Windows/Apple PC Software. That one however gets closed. So that will not help. You will need Adroid or Apple mobile software (connected to a sim card I think) to make it work. At least that is how I understand it.

Just go to your SCB Bank and ask them how you could solve the problem. My experience is, they help you and have the patient of little angels. When I went last time because they had to set up the Bank app on my new phone (and sim) they did everything for me and send me on my way with: Mista, if you have problems again, just come we help you. Said with a big smile. 

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I don't have a mobile so am looking to get this working from my PC, so let us know how that works out   :unsure:

14 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

No, it will not. It's about the operation software. This USB Modem ist just getting your PC connected to the Internet (like wifi just using the sim card). 

Doesn't  sound very hopeful for getting the app to work on my PC  :sad:

After having resisted al these years I refuse to get a mobile phone just because SCB says so :annoyed: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

After having resisted al these years I refuse to get a mobile phone just because SCB says so :annoyed: 

It's not SCB, it's the government of your host country ???? 

Even when you return home you may find similar issues without a mobile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Thank you, Richard, I will refer that point to them when I visit!

I just did this morning at my local SCB branch in Bkk, had to sign a disclaimer (they call it as an exemption) to let thr bank to increase the limit to over 50,000 per transaction etc without having to face scan, until a system for foreigners is implemented...... 

My KRUNGSI bank works after they took my pic, 

As for KTB, there is no way of increasing the limit, as it asks me for a scan, even going to the bank. Need to wait for their system to include foreigners...... 

My two cents ✌️

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

if you want to transfer more than 50,000 baht you have to contact your branch and sign some sort of disclaimer that if fraud occurs on your account you'll accept it !!!...

I certainly wont be signing any disclaimers, will proceed to close account

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And it doesn't show any error message or the like?

Just does nothing?

Be aware that a successful registration is only possible if you are connected via mobile data (Thai provider) during the process. WiFi does not work.

I have just had further Email back from them (they are quick to respond)

In short if you're outside of the country simply dont bother because its not going to register. I had made the point I had active roaming enabled and connected via OTP to be told "that makes no difference"

(clearly the app can pick up you're roaming)

"Come into any branch when you arrived in the Kingdom and we will enable it for you"

Over and out as thats pretty definitive it would appear

• Thanks 1

even if you manage to get the app software to run, using android emulator that replicate a phone OS like bluestack, the banking app probably can detect it's being run where it shouldn't, normally they would even refuse to run when you have root mode enabled or the phone jailbroken already

if the above paragraph doesn't make sense to you, just getting a sim card dongle and plugging it in your computer's not gonna work 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Daffy D said:

It's a world wide conspiracy by the mobile phone companies to get us to buy more phones :w00t:  

Worked with me - I have had to buy a new phone to continue banking with SCB as my everyday one is rooted.......

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

the banking app probably can detect it's being run where it shouldn't, normally they would even refuse to run when you have root mode enabled or the phone jailbroken already

Yep I started to not be able to spoof it last month. What was really annoying today was the SCB app refusing to open on my new phone because I had installed a specific app which had access to Accessibility and wanted that feature to be switched off before it would work.......

Considering that this was an app downloaded directly from Playstore I was not amused........

13 minutes ago, topt said:

Yep I started to not be able to spoof it last month. What was really annoying today was the SCB app refusing to open on my new phone because I had installed a specific app which had access to Accessibility and wanted that feature to be switched off before it would work.......

Considering that this was an app downloaded directly from Playstore I was not amused........

The Bank's logic is sound, in the past they might have to cover loss to phone scam, so making remote access while using the app impossible, the irate customers are going to be in the minority and every time a big scam case hit the media, the mass are ready to blame the bank for facilitating the scam

Unfortunately there are no Thai law protecting disabled access for people that might need screen reader to use with the website they discontinued 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, digbeth said:

The Bank's logic is sound, in the past they might have to cover loss to phone scam, so making remote access while using the app impossible, the irate customers are going to be in the minority and every time a big scam case hit the media, the mass are ready to blame the bank for facilitating the scam

Unfortunately there are no Thai law protecting disabled access for people that might need screen reader to use with the website they discontinued 

If they simply retained internet banking there wouldn't be a problem would there

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Doesn't  sound very hopeful for getting the app to work on my PC  :sad:

Good for you. I agree. I have a mobilephone but refuse to put banking apps on it. Just an invitation to fraud if I lose my phone.

I do most of my banking on a laptop at home,with Bangkok Bank. I have an SCB account too but may well just move the money and close the account. 

This was a mistake on their part IMO. 

• Thumbs Up 1