Zuckerberg: Ten million join Meta's Twitter rival, Threads

Social Media

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

When you say 'flush the hate and lies', you actually mean 'remove all comments counter to my ideology'.

You are mistaken Stephen Colbert messes with everyone also your choice of the word ideology is a loaded one I do belive that outright lies inciting to violence and hate need to be moderated 

1 hour ago, Tug said:

You are mistaken Stephen Colbert messes with everyone also your choice of the word ideology is a loaded one I do belive that outright lies inciting to violence and hate need to be moderated 

Lies under your ideology are the truth under other ideologies.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Lies under your ideology are the truth under other ideologies.

A lie is an untruth period all stop facts are facts all stop ideology is a cop phrase and an attempt at putting a label on someone out all stop hoping a website weeds out blatant untruths and hate will be refreshing and I hope it does well I think it will 

Just now, Tug said:

A lie is an untruth period all stop facts are facts all stop ideology is a cop out phrase and an attempt at putting a label on someone out all stop hoping a website weeds out blatant untruths and hate will be refreshing and I hope it does well I think it will 

54 minutes ago, Tug said:

Up to 97 million now!sorry for the duplicate post above cheers!

I just read that, pretty amazing! I wonder how Musk is taking this? I'm sure the competition will not allow him to degenerate into name calling.............

Zuck is a cuck   :clap2:

image.png.b9e6a8276245c888274003d56720d970.png

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1678098028849143809

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I just read that, pretty amazing! I wonder how Musk is taking this? I'm sure the competition will not allow him to degenerate into name calling.............

Zuck is a cuck   :clap2:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1678098028849143809

By attacking others via lawsuits and other means. After all there can be no way this has anything to do with his own performance.

• Haha 1

Twitter traffic sinks in wake of changes and launch of rival platform Threads

Twitter’s website traffic is “tanking” according to the chief of internet services company Cloudflare, amid signs users are migrating to alternative platforms such as Threads, BlueSky and Mastodon.

On Sunday, Matthew Prince posted a graph from Cloudflare’s ranking of the most popular websites in the world showing Twitter has been in decline since the start of 2023, not long after Elon Musk took over the platform.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jul/10/twitter-traffic-sinks-in-wake-of-changes-and-launch-of-rival-platform-threads-elon-musk

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

21 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wow, pretty strong and clever insult there.  For an adolescent who was just cucked out of upwards of US$44 billion.

I've been saying all along that Twitter does not have a "special sauce," no exclusive patented technology, and that any capable software engineers can put the concept together in short time.  I would suspect that Team Zuck had the prototype done before Thanksgiving last year (late Nov), and now it's in full-flight.  Gotta give his crew credit, but already having the network in place eliminated the heavy lifting.  They blew MySpace out of the water, I guess they have experience at this. 

BTW, I just found out something about ChatGPT that makes them unimpressive (asked a few minutes ago):

Q: when did twitter get a new owner?

A: Twitter has not changed ownership recently. The company was founded by Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams in 2006, and it remains publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.

Edited by bendejo

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

Wow, pretty strong and clever insult there.  For an adolescent who was just cucked out of upwards of US$44 billion.

I've been saying all along that Twitter does not have a "special sauce," no exclusive patented technology, and that any capable software engineers can put the concept together in short time.  I would suspect that Team Zuck had the prototype done before Thanksgiving last year (late Nov), and now it's in full-flight.  Gotta give his crew credit, but already having the network in place eliminated the heavy lifting.  They blew MySpace out of the water, I guess they have experience at this. 

BTW, I just found out something about ChatGPT that makes them unimpressive (asked a few minutes ago):

Q: when did twitter get a new owner?

A: Twitter has not changed ownership recently. The company was founded by Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams in 2006, and it remains publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.

I think the free version of Chatgpt stopped acquiring new information after Sept 2021.

Edited by placeholder
  • Thanks 1

Well, a new endorsement for Twitter has popped up and I have to say, it's making me rethink my support for alternatives to Twitter The endorsement is from from Anas Haqqani, the son of the founder of the terrorist Haqqani Network

Taliban Leader Endorses Elon Musk’s Twitter Over New Rival Threads:

“Twitter has two important advantages over other social media platforms,” Haqqani wrote on Twitter. “The first privilege is the freedom of speech. The second privilege is the public nature & credibility of Twitter. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/taliban-leader-endorses-elon-musks-twitter-over-new-rival-threads

• Like 1