Zuckerberg: Ten million join Meta's Twitter rival, Threads

Social Media

7 minutes ago, James105 said:

Ok I will just have to presume in that case that you don't actually know what you find "disgusting" about his political views, but you have heard someone else say that his political views are disgusting and therefore you think they are disgusting, even though you don't know what specifically is disgusting about them.   

There was no effort to provoke, I was just curious as "disgusting" is quite a strong word to use and I have no idea what he has done or said to invoke the use of such a word.   He is quite left leaning in his political views and voted for Biden previously.

You presume wrong.

14 minutes ago, EastBayRay said:

Maybe you could post the exact quote with links so all forum members can enjoy it?

Exact quote.

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

Stephen Colbert at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Dinner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/?redirect=no&title=Reality_has_a_well_known_liberal_bias

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert_at_the_2006_White_House_Correspondents'_Dinner

Edited by stevenl
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Exact quote.

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

Stephen Colbert at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Dinner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/?redirect=no&title=Reality_has_a_well_known_liberal_bias

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert_at_the_2006_White_House_Correspondents'_Dinner

It was a comedy speech. Satire. Brilliant if  I might be so bold as to offer an opinion.

It’s hilarious that liberals are now quoting it as serious political commentary. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

11 minutes ago, EastBayRay said:

It was a comedy speech. Satire. Brilliant if  I might be so bold as to offer an opinion.

It’s hilarious that liberals are now quoting it as serious political commentary. 

Of course you may offer an opinion, we all may. I am of the opinion your opinion is not to be taken seriously.

• Thanks 1

What these 2 guys think is how to make more money. They don't care why you think or what feel about them. ???? sometime it becomes personal to them more than just a business, but hey that won't change the reality about them.
There are enough stupids out there to join them if you refuse to be one. ????

My apologies, but that's a fact.  

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tug said:

Hope it works out and caters to truthful people and is moderated by professionals who won’t allow hate speech and lies

Oh you want to join one that is truthful.

Wait a minute, there is one with truth in their name, let me see if I can find a registration link for you.

I'm sure you gonne appreciate my efforts

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Sad comment. Left = The election decided Joe Biden is elected. no factual evidence of widespread corruption (fact certified by dozens of court cases). Right = The election was stolen, there were severe breaches of in voting. Equal ... BS. One is fact, one is a lie. My vote will go for the facts every time. So ... color me a leftist.

Cambridge???????????

• Love It 1

25 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Of course you may offer an opinion, we all may. I am of the opinion your opinion is not to be taken seriously.

Satire can be problematic to understand for certain ummmm…. Let’s say demographics.

when I have more time I will be happy to explain it to you

in the meantime maybe better take my word for it that he was messing around. Don’t take it literally man

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, EastBayRay said:

There's all kinds of comedy out there, In this case it was political satire. Stephen Colbert is a prominent political satirist.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EastBayRay said:

Satire can be problematic to understand for certain ummmm…. Let’s say demographics.

in the meantime maybe better take my word for it that he was messing around. Don’t take it literally man

Clearly problematic to  those who dismiss an instance of political satire as a "comedy speech."

44 minutes ago, EastBayRay said:

No need to try to explain something you don't understand. You'll only be making yourself an even bigger fool.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the worst part is that many will download the app and if they are not happy and try to cancel their account they will lose their instagram account as well. Now that’s a little tricky and sneaky way to keep subscribers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2023 at 6:22 PM, James105 said:

Ok I will just have to presume in that case that you don't actually know what you find "disgusting" about his political views, but you have heard someone else say that his political views are disgusting and therefore you think they are disgusting, even though you don't know what specifically is disgusting about them.   

There was no effort to provoke, I was just curious as "disgusting" is quite a strong word to use and I have no idea what he has done or said to invoke the use of such a word.   He is quite left leaning in his political views and voted for Biden previously.

I'll take the bait. Musk failed to provide adequate protection from hate speech. That is the single reason why people hate him.

Zuckerberg's problem is that he allows disinformation and lies on his platforms so banning hate speech won't be enough for the librels.

Edited by ozimoron

On 7/7/2023 at 7:20 PM, EastBayRay said:

How does that work? Conservatives lapped up Fox lies as gospel truth despite Fox claiming they were only an opinion channel and that no reasonable person would believe them (in court).

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2023 at 6:10 AM, placeholder said:

There's all kinds of comedy out there, In this case it was political satire. Stephen Colbert is a prominent political satirist.

And he and his writers are brilliant I wish the writers strike would settle im dearly missing the late night comedy talk shows helps me cope with all the ugliness in our body politic these days again hopefully marks website will be moderated professionally and flush the hate and lies straight away 

47 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How does that work? Conservatives lapped up Fox lies as gospel truth despite Fox claiming they were only an opinion channel and that no reasonable person would believe them (in court).

The laugh comes when some time has elapsed and the people that said these things proclaim right out that they were lying (as opposed to a reporter squeezing it out of them).  Even that snake Nigel Farage, when questioned about claims he made leading up to the Brexit vote said right out they were not true, like that infamous campaign bus with that message about billions of pounds lost.   Even better was Sidney Powell telling a court 'no reasonable people' would believe her fraudulent election claims. Amazing the number of Americans that hold on to T____'s stolen election bs.  As i've already posted, what the Dems are really running against in 2024 is the claims of election fraud and the insane baby-eating slander of the GOP.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Zuckerberg's problem is that he allows disinformation and lies on his platforms so banning hate speech won't be enough for the liberals.

What's a zuckerberg? How many kardashians in 1 zuckerberg?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2baht said:

Looking for your sense of humor! 

Just out of bed, haven't been to Starbucks yet. Discovered my new phone won't charge to headed to the store at Central Festival shortly where there will be one.

To answer your question I know nothing about the Kardashians. I think Jay Z (is that his name this week?) was associated with one of them but I'm not sure.

50 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Just out of bed, haven't been to Starbucks yet. Discovered my new phone won't charge to headed to the store at Central Festival shortly where there will be one.

To answer your question I know nothing about the Kardashians. I think Jay Z (is that his name this week?) was associated with one of them but I'm not sure.

I think he was feeding Kim a length for a while till she flicked him for Kayne West.