Royal Command issued appointing House speaker and two deputies

webfact

image.jpeg

A Royal Command has been issued for the appointment of the House speaker and his two deputies .

Prachachat party leader Wan Muhamad Noor Matha is appointed as Speaker of the House of Representatives, Move Forward constituency MP Padipat Suntiphada as the first deputy speaker and Pheu Thai constituency MP Pichet Chuamuangphan as the second deputy.

The Royal Command, countersigned by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, has been published in the Royal Gazette.

Wan, Padipat and Pichet were present at a ceremony held in the parliament at 10am today (Friday) to receive the Royal Command.

#news

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/royal-command-issued-appointing-house-speaker-and-two-deputies/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

3 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The show is well under way ........ get the pop corn out for next week, it will be as interesting as May 1992 8-) 

no it won't.....maybe some demonstrations and some teargas, but I can't see any people who want violence. And if the protests aren't violent the police won't.

I expect some mean words...and maybe some lawsuits because some crazy speak about murdering someone....but no or not much violence.

Red and Yellow have experiences with demonstrations. Orange has not

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

Well, don't they look squeaky clean in their pristine white uniforms!

Subliminally military-like...

All of which a tradition that should be erased from officialdom and societal norms. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The show is well under way ........ get the pop corn out for next week, it will be as interesting as May 1992 8-) 

My preferred references might be October of 1973 and 1976. 

• Sad 1

BREAKING: MFP deputy leader Sirikanya told reporters Fri PM candidate #Pita will get enough votes from junta-appointed senators to become new PM on Thurs. Sirikanya, whose party is lobbying senators, said claims by some that less than 10 will vote for Pita is false.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1677255959717236736

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Subliminally military-like...

All of which a tradition that should be erased from officialdom and societal norms. 

Is only the one thing even parking official in all Asia can give pride! Anyone can blow a whistle !

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, h90 said:

And nice that now some young people get in power....

The young people are  NOT in power, they are only deputies.

Wan Muhamad Noor Matha IS appointed as Speaker of the House of Representatives,

I am 79 and he is a few days older than me.

57 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BREAKING: MFP deputy leader Sirikanya told reporters Fri PM candidate #Pita will get enough votes from junta-appointed senators to become new PM on Thurs. Sirikanya, whose party is lobbying senators, said claims by some that less than 10 will vote for Pita is false.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1677255959717236736

Wellit is from her Twitter account and she is a deputy leader of the MFP.

I will take that with a bucket of salt.

Edited by billd766

16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Totally irrelevant who did the choosing/voting.  It is just the same as the President/King/Emperor of any country signing a bill put before him! 

Oh like Putin, Kim, Jinping now i get it.  :wai:

• Sad 1