Huge spiders in the bathroom, where are they coming from and how to not have them anymore?

AndyAndyAndy

In the past 2 weeks we killed 2 huge spiders in the bathroom. And I mean huge. Bigger than the palm of the hand. And you can literally see their eyes and fangs and are absolutely terrifying. ???? ???? ???? They can't get in through ceiling. Window hash a mesh. And only way in is through bedroom which also has a mesh on doors. And would be even more terrifying if this was their point of entry. ???? Can they get in through drain or something? I don't think they could have a nest in the bathroom itself (it's pretty clean and neat bathroom, probably not)? ???? Does anybody has any more info on these bastards?

• Sad 2

are they huntsman spiders ?      I didn't think Thailand had any ...

I know they are huge and terrifying ....  especially when they sit under your car door/latch

Edited by steven100

Probably a huntsman. We've a few of them recently too. I have no idea how you would keep them out. They can make themselves almost completely flat and get under or around a closed door. They seem to like the bathroom, the humidity maybe, or the bugs. 

Spraying stuff like mint or citrus around doors and windows is supposed to deter them from coming in, but I can't say I've noticed a difference. If you find something that works, please let us know!

Go to the pest control section at local hardware store and buy a couple cans of Raid or something similar. Spray it around all door thresholds and windows. Reapply weekly. Also, around all the baseboards. I do this each time I move to a new place and never have an issue with bugs.

And then your bedroom is on a hal way, which comes from stairs or living room?

So put some rubber or brush dorpels under neath to seal space.

Otherwise try to convince sandman not to bring his pets with him.:cheesy: 

I just catch the Huntsman and put him outside. I don't know anyone that has been bite by one. This is a new spider I have seen around here for the first time this year, not in the house. Bigger than the Huntsman, also not aggressive.

IMG_20221228_091544.jpg

40 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I just catch the Huntsman and put him outside. I don't know anyone that has been bite by one. This is a new spider I have seen around here for the first time this year, not in the house. Bigger than the Huntsman, also not aggressive.

IMG_20221228_091544.jpg

Nephila spp.   - Orb spinner - harmless.   Fun fact - this is a female, the male is only about 1/10th the size of this girl!