Fugitive British National Arrested in Thailand over £7m Fraud Case

webfact

• 2 months later...

All I know is that Zak Smith and Tiki are stand up human beings that helped us all while we were Koh Samui jail waiting deportation. He bought us delicious food and snacks everyday. Gave to those that did not have money to buy food. His girlfriend did our laundry and brought it back. She also went out and bought blankets towels and shower gel for us. So Don't be quick to judge people unless you know the full story. Asean is not going to tell you the full story. It's sensationalized bs. I know the real because I was there. Now, go run and tell that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2023 at 6:41 AM, turgid said:

It's not true. The  ring leader got 11 the rest got 4-6.  It made a better story to add them all up to 30.

Same as when they write about Thai tax, even though reality is 150k exempt, next 150k 5%, and so on until we get to 35% for income above 4M, it is more sensational to say all tax is 35% and worry the "sht" out of people who don't now.

On 7/10/2023 at 6:11 AM, ezzra said:

Wow, 30 years for streaming TV shows? not that i feel sorry for the guy, but murderess an rapists  gets lesser sentences that this, very out of proportion in my opinion.

"

At Derby Crown Court, the gang's "prime mover", Mark Gould, 36, was sentenced to 11 years in prison.

Four other members were sentenced to between three and more than five years." (TV fraud gang jailed for illegally streaming Premier League games - BBC News)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 6:11 AM, ezzra said:

Wow, 30 years for streaming TV shows? not that i feel sorry for the guy, but murderess an rapists  gets lesser sentences that this, very out of proportion in my opinion.

The EPL are the English mafia.

• Sad 1