Thai Poultry Farmer Faces Animal Cruelty Charges for Avenging Chicken Deaths

webfact

image.jpeg

In a case that shocked the online community, a 34-year-old poultry farmer, Prechburin, was charged with animal cruelty after beating a dog to death. The dog had reportedly trespassed onto his property and killed 200 of his chickens. The grisly incident, caught on camera, triggered a social media outcry for justice.

Upon receiving reports, police at Theparak station discovered the deceased dog and launched a search for Prechburin, who was absent from his property.

His family later informed the authorities that he had gone into the city for a doctor's appointment and would surrender himself thereafter, reported Sanook.

A neighbor, understanding the predicament of both Prechburin and the dog's owner, commented, "We all love the things we raise, but violence against animals is wrong."

Facing heavy criticism, Prechburin apologized on social media: "I also love my chickens just like you love your dogs. I didn't want to harm the dog...who will take responsibility for my loss?"

Picture: Sanook

#news

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-07-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

4 hours ago, grain said:

Would have been smarter to leave some poison baits around late at night when nobody can see anything.

Poison baits may kill more than the targeted animal... not the best course of action.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, grain said:

Would have been smarter to leave some poison baits around late at night when nobody can see anything.

Beating the animal to death is far more humane than poisoning it. Don't farmers in developed countries still shoot dogs that ravage their animals? They used to in the UK and rightly so. Unfortunately there are now too many who treat their dogs like human beings. We had visitors this weekend. On their departure the owner said, "Say goodbye to the dog." My immediate thought was to give that person a soldier's farewell. The dog would have enjoyed it and burst it's raincoat it has to wear. Pathetic. I like dogs. All the dogs I've had were treated like dogs and trained not to kill chickens. . Now bring on the dog pampering brigade's comments.

3 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Now bring on the dog pampering brigade's comments.

Dogs Lives Matter or im not allowed to express an opposing opinion on a forum......

sure seems many members on a open forum just cant handle opposition or disagreements...

• Haha 1

It's a Dogs world out there, Dogs are more imported then People .

Soi dogs run around , If not a Soi dog it should be Inside a Fenced off property.

Chook farmer should also have their place fenced off , So Tit  For Tat 

Kill the dog no harm done .

I would do the same but then My place is fenced off.