COVID BIVALENT VACCINE FOR FARANG

Man Mart

Whilst I have previously had a Covid vaccine at my local hospital in Surin at the turn of the year, I was recently told at the same hospital that I was not entitled to the bivalent covid vaccine (effective against the Omnicron variant)  as it was only being given to appropriate Thai citizens.  This is despite the fact that people are exhorted to get vaccination boosters by the government, and despite the fact that I am 67 years of age, in a high risk group, with heart conditions and a pacemaker, as well as being an asthma sufferer. Moreover, I have paid into the Thai Social Security system for many years when I was working as a lecturer at a Bangkok University, besides continuing to pay up to date subscriptions since my retirement. This does not seem correct to me and I would welcome any advice on the matter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 2:18 PM, Man Mart said:

Whilst I have previously had a Covid vaccine at my local hospital in Surin at the turn of the year, I was recently told at the same hospital that I was not entitled to the bivalent covid vaccine (effective against the Omnicron variant)  as it was only being given to appropriate Thai citizens.  This is despite the fact that people are exhorted to get vaccination boosters by the government, and despite the fact that I am 67 years of age, in a high risk group, with heart conditions and a pacemaker, as well as being an asthma sufferer. Moreover, I have paid into the Thai Social Security system for many years when I was working as a lecturer at a Bangkok University, besides continuing to pay up to date subscriptions since my retirement. This does not seem correct to me and I would welcome any advice on the matter. 

Maybe this is just policy at your local hospital - recent Pfizer and Moderna rollouts in Bangkok have been bivalent, available for Thais and foreigners.