Safety deposit box in Pattaya

thailandsgreat

I need a small safety deposit box in Pattaya. I asked at the BKK bank office in the suburbs where I have my account, but they said all BKK bank boxes in Pattaya are rented out.

I may also want to move my banking to a more central location. Kasikorn on S. Pattaya have boxes but the reception lady said that I needed to live with a Thai girl to have one, and she put her index fingers together to explain better. To just get an account my retirement visa and a "proof of paying rent" + copy of hotel owner ID would suffice.

I spoke to the agency that processed my visa. They said they could issue a document that cost 500 b and would give me a bank account "with 80% probability".  But  no help with the box.

So what would be the best way to get my banking into a more central location. Kasikorn on S Pattaya would be perfect. Maybe try to get an account there and ask again about the safety box? There is a legal office with boxes on S Pattaya and also Siam Secure on Middle Pattaya Road. But I would prefer a bank. Siam Secure web page wouldn't load.

What options are there to get a safety box? May also ask at Kasikorn on Middle Pattaya road. (Kasikorn has hopefully dumped the fraudulent branch manager the papers wrote about a couple of years ago.)

23 minutes ago, champers said:

I believe the bigger TT currency places have them. There is one on 2nd Road just after junction with Pattaya South Rd (coming from Jontiem on RHS). No idea on charges.

Thanks, good idea. I now remember seeing a sign about boxes there long ago. I know the place,  but I don't know RHS  ????

1 hour ago, thailandsgreat said:

Thanks, good idea. I now remember seeing a sign about boxes there long ago. I know the place,  but I don't know RHS  ????

Oops! Duplicate post.

Edited by champers

2 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

I need a small safety deposit box in Pattaya. I asked at the BKK bank office in the suburbs where I have my account, but they said all BKK bank boxes in Pattaya are rented out.

I may also want to move my banking to a more central location. Kasikorn on S. Pattaya have boxes but the reception lady said that I needed to live with a Thai girl to have one, and she put her index fingers together to explain better. To just get an account my retirement visa and a "proof of paying rent" + copy of hotel owner ID would suffice.

I spoke to the agency that processed my visa. They said they could issue a document that cost 500 b and would give me a bank account "with 80% probability".  But  no help with the box.

So what would be the best way to get my banking into a more central location. Kasikorn on S Pattaya would be perfect. Maybe try to get an account there and ask again about the safety box? There is a legal office with boxes on S Pattaya and also Siam Secure on Middle Pattaya Road. But I would prefer a bank. Siam Secure web page wouldn't load.

What options are there to get a safety box? May also ask at Kasikorn on Middle Pattaya road. (Kasikorn has hopefully dumped the fraudulent branch manager the papers wrote about a couple of years ago.)

https://ttexchange.com/safe-deposit-box/pricing

Try Pattaya Self Storage.  Halfway up Thappraya Road on the left going towards Jomtien.

I've been there and the name gives a false impression of the facility.  They have safety deposit boxes and have an extremely good security system.

I'd suggest these guys may be much easier to use than a traditional bank.

https://www.pattayaselfstorage.co.th/

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kasikorn asked for 10 million B in an account, an 800.000 B life insurance paid 5 years in advance and a Thai wife or friend that could open the box in case I was abroad.

These humble sums were for the smallest box, of course. Naturally no problem for a hi-flyer like me ???? but I still think I will go with some other option suggested in the thread. Boxes in current hotel reception also seems ok.

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Haha 1