Listening to UK radio online (and watching tv playback come to that)

Kevin1908

4 hours ago, Kevin1908 said:

"I agree but to be fair, if you had accepted responsibility for payment in the past, and not informed the authorities of the change, it's is kind of your fault."

I don't get that at all. The requirement to pay the licence is if you have installed tv reception equipment. Irrespective of whether I am in the country of not if there is no tv receiver there is no need for a licence. What you are suggesting is to continue paying for a car licence even though you don't own a car. Anyway I did look at the TV licence web site and it clearly doesn't work outside of the UK so how do I inform them? I suppose that is my fault as well.

I found this "

You need a TV Licence if you:

Re-read my post - I said " if you had accepted responsibility for payment in the past, and not informed the authorities of the change, it's is kind of your fault."

By that I mean, the licensing authority is just acting on the last data they received, so as far as they know, you're still there and therefore liable to pay, in their eyes. Simply tell them you've moved and all's good.

On 7/12/2023 at 9:59 AM, crazykopite said:

Boom Radio is a fantastic U.K. radio station if you haven't heard of it give it a try what they don’t do is play the rubbish that we see coming out on the likes of Radio one 

Wow thats some coincidence. I was doing some driving work last night and the Mercedes Sprinter had it literally tuned into Boom already when I started up !!

I had never heard of it prior to that. It was very good I agree