Burger King’s new offering in Thailand has no meat and 20 slices of cheese

gargamon

50 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

blaming vendors & manufacturers is all a bit silly, don't you think.

I do wonder who's being a bit silly here? It's Burger King's job to sell food that is desirable. I am not going to make my own burger if I am busy, but in this case making the stupid 20 slice processed cheese burger would be easier and cheaper than going to Burger Kings as it takes no effort, much like the Burger Kings marketing team put into producing this turd.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Sure, load the burger with wonderful European cheeses and charge 2000 for the burger. Unfortunately all these wonderful cheeses you speak of are far too expensive in Thailand.

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Just been in Makro where a pack of 10 'cheese' slices is Bht 169.

How can Burgerking put 20 @ Bht 338 on a 'burger' @ Bht 109. Is that called a loss leader, 

Its called a markup at Makro.  Bought for probably half of the price sold for.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry your not a fan, but the imitation cheese slices are excellent for burgers as they melt easily and taste good. I use them when I make a grilled cheese sandwich on my homemade sourdough bread.

Kraft Singles Cheese Product, Pasteurized, Prepared, American, 16 - 0.75 oz slices [12 oz (340 g)]

As well as letting you Yanks know that 'cheese' is always made with milk, and that they are a pasteurised 'prepared' cheese product, it also says 60 calories per slice, so 20 on a bread roll will be 1200 calories plus the bread and mayo, or about half what an adult should eat per day.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Its called a markup at Makro.  Bought for probably half of the price sold for.

Even if Makro and Burgerking buy for 50% of Bht 169, = Bht 85, and sell for Bht 109, there's not much profit there. Especially as I reckon that NO-ONE will go a second time for such rubbish. And as a previous member posted, many Thais are lactose intolerant. (Wonder why they give babies milk?)

58 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I do wonder who's being a bit silly here? It's Burger King's job to sell food that is desirable. I am not going to make my own burger if I am busy, but in this case making the stupid 20 slice processed cheese burger would be easier and cheaper than going to Burger Kings as it takes no effort, much like the Burger Kings marketing team put into producing this turd.

Not seeing that cheese thing selling very good, anywhere.  Especially after the sale.  Quite the bargain if buying and telling them you want it 'cold'.

That's a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches at the house for 109 baht ????  I use 3 slices in mine, though much better American 'cheese'.

Edited by KhunLA

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry your not a fan, but the imitation cheese slices are excellent for burgers as they melt easily and taste good. I use them when I make a grilled cheese sandwich on my homemade sourdough bread.

Kraft Singles Cheese Product, Pasteurized, Prepared, American, 16 - 0.75 oz slices [12 oz (340 g)]

I doubt if eating one of those cheesies every so often will cause most people a problem.

Eating 2 or 3 at a session, 2 or 3 times a day for weeks on end probably will.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/11/2023 at 7:40 PM, Ralf001 said:

A fav of mine is a some chunks of Kraft Cheddar with cracked pepper and vegemite onto some bread and into the breville maker.

Simply lush.

I have a variation on that as my fave.

One buttered slice of decent bread with Marmite on it, the other with Nittaya Chili in oil paste (nam prik pow) and some good cheddar in the middle.

Note, REAL real cheese, not factory gunk.

Glorious!

31 minutes ago, pookett said:

One buttered slice of decent bread with Marmite on it, the other with Nittaya Chili in oil paste (nam prik pow) and some good cheddar in the middle.

Glorious!

Barf.

3 hours ago, pookett said:

Glorious!

I like my cheese butties with my home-made mango chutney, as Branston is too expensive here. Lovely.

On 7/11/2023 at 9:18 AM, ThailandRyan said:

I take it you have never eaten any Wisconsin Cheese then, or even cheese from the Northern California and Oregon regions..  Non Americans have no idea of what good cheeses are actually made in the US.

Don't leave out Vermont. 

https://guide.michelin.com/us/en/article/travel/michelin-guide-road-trip-vermont-cheese-trail

On 7/11/2023 at 7:54 PM, ThailandRyan said:

I love good cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches and even cheese burgers...

But this stuff is NOT real cheese:

Screenshot_2.jpg.20e17ff0e2d96da835db1a7c18a58c53.jpg

That's why instead of just "cheese,"

it's called "pasteurized prepared cheese product"!

Each slice of this kind of pasteurized cheese product contains about 11% of the recommended daily amount of saturated fat, and 10% of the recommended daily amount of sodium.

So with this burger and its supposed 20 slices of pasteurized cheese singles, that means that the cheese alone in each one of these burgers, by itself, has at least DOUBLE the recommended daily allowance of of saturated fat and sodium. 

Not to mention 1,000 calories just in the cheese alone.

That's a dietary health disaster.

Screenshot_3.jpg.2b0ffae32949ecb18a327e4589a7233f.jpg

https://www.super1foods.com/sm/pickup/rsid/600/product/kraft-cheese-product-pasteurized-prepared-american-id-00021000604913

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I love good cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches and even cheese burgers...

But this stuff is NOT real cheese:

Screenshot_2.jpg.20e17ff0e2d96da835db1a7c18a58c53.jpg

That's why instead of just "cheese,"

it's called "pasteurized prepared cheese product"!

Yet TGJ, it is very tasty and leaves one wanting more.  I make scrambled cheesy eggs using it. I put a slice on my breakfast sandwich I make with eggs and bacon.

.sometimes must just go with the flow.  Yes I eat good cheeses as well when I have my Salami and Cheese as a snack.

58 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

why is Burger King doing this ONLY in Thailand?

Trying to kill it's own people. ????

Yes, it doesn't make sense, most Asians are lactose intolerant

Edited by Cricky