Russian Fined 2,500 Baht After Riding the Wrong Way on One-Way Road in Phuket Old Town – VIDEO

webfact

On 7/12/2023 at 11:13 AM, bignok said:

Buy a helmet for 1 day yeah right

I assume that you do not know much about Thailand at all. Also, your comment clearly tells you don´t give a <deleted> about your own well-being.

I happen to know, since renting many time before, that most Thais that rent bikes and also many foreigner just don´t care about the helmet and that rentals do not give them automatically with the bike. However, every time I asked to have a helmet, they always had a pile of them to hand out if somebody asked for it.

And, If they do not have, then YES! You should buy a helmet for only one day. It´s for your own protection. Even if you are an awesome bike rider, you never know what will happen in Thai traffic.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I assume that you do not know much about Thailand at all. Also, your comment clearly tells you don´t give a <deleted> about your own well-being.

I happen to know, since renting many time before, that most Thais that rent bikes and also many foreigner just don´t care about the helmet and that rentals do not give them automatically with the bike. However, every time I asked to have a helmet, they always had a pile of them to hand out if somebody asked for it.

And, If they do not have, then YES! You should buy a helmet for only one day. It´s for your own protection. Even if you are an awesome bike rider, you never know what will happen in Thai traffic.

Know more than you. Many shops don't have helmets. Some that do have small ones that barely fit a farang.

Best not to comment on things you know little about.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, bignok said:

Buy a helmet for 1 day yeah right

I would suggest many tourist destinations in the world require and enforce helmet use, but I appreciate it is easier to fall off get a fractured skull and let somebody else pick up the tab

1 minute ago, Almer said:

I would suggest many tourist destinations in the world require and enforce helmet use, but I appreciate it is easier to fall off get a fractured skull and let somebody else pick up the tab

Not in Thailand. When you go there you will see.

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

"The motorbike rental operator was fined 2,000 Baht for allowing riders who do not have a driving license to ride their motorbikes."

????????

Do a sting on the renters  rent a bike with no helmet, 10.000 fine, catch a rider 10.000 problem solved. 

1 minute ago, Almer said:

Easy money for the bib

Why do you think Thai culture of 50 years will change? Kidding.

Average Thai aint got 10,000 baht. 

Thailand be boring if they did adopt western rules anyway. Loose rules makes it fun.

24 minutes ago, bignok said:

50 to 75% of Thais no helmets.

And 1% have the German Nazi Army Helmet. I would like to see what happens if you wear that in Europe on the motorbike :cheesy:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Know more than you. Many shops don't have helmets. Some that do have small ones that barely fit a farang.

I know many shops in the area but they all have helmets.

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Why do you think Thai culture of 50 years will change? Kidding.

Average Thai aint got 10,000 baht. 

Thailand be boring if they did adopt western rules anyway. Loose rules makes it fun.

It won't change it has to be changed by education and good parenting skills, or the carnage and loss of life will continue, or can do it your way and keep the loose rules but don't cry when it goes wrong. 

2 hours ago, bignok said:

It means peace and good luck anyway

maybe he knew that....but I am sure it was not meant as Hindu symbol.

(Just noticed I have a "take it easy" trouser wife bought a long time ago and one part it is full with hindu swastikas...but they are in the same direction and look the same as the Nazi ones......so they really use that symbol in exact the same design.

1 hour ago, bignok said:

They never ask. 

And if they ask you can still show the member card for the fitness club at home instead....it is as good as a driving license ????

6 hours ago, bignok said:

Gotfrid is correct  the law is no helmet no ride, end of, full stop.