Google chrome date in Thai rather than Western calender

sirineou

I have looked at all the options in settings, and search settings but so far I have been unable to change the date on my search results from the Thai calendar to a western calendar . The date in my results appears as such Aug 18, 2565 BE 

Any help in resolving this problem would be highly appreciated. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I have looked at all the options in settings, and search settings but so far I have been unable to change the date on my search results from the Thai calendar to a western calendar . The date in my results appears as such Aug 18, 2565 BE 

Any help in resolving this problem would be highly appreciated. 

switch to brave browser. everything can be transferred over from chrome. bookmarks etc. 

plus the added happiness of real internet browsing. it's glorious. 

• Love It 1

9 minutes ago, stoner said:

switch to brave browser. everything can be transferred over from chrome. bookmarks etc. 

plus the added happiness of real internet browsing. it's glorious. 

I normally use DuckDuckGo , and the date displayed in my search there is in the western calendar. But there is denying that google search algorithm is outstanding , and I often switch to Google , Not familiar with "Brave browser" but I am thinking that it's not ap to Google Chrome standards. I will take a look at it . Thank you!!

15 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Not familiar with "Brave browser" but I am thinking that it's not ap to Google Chrome standards

100 percent correct and it's fantastic that way. chrome standards are scary to me. :)

Control Panel  >  Clock and Region > Region  >  Format

Me have it set to UK........... as you have it in Thai then you are already set to Bangkok time, just need to set the language you need to display

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Control Panel  >  Clock and Region > Region  >  Format

Me have it set to UK........... as you have it in Thai then you are already set to Bangkok time, just need to set the language you need to display

Thank you for trying to help, initially I also thought the same, but when I checked my windows control panel The windows Language setting is US English, and the location is set to USA, the only thing Thai is the time zone. 

The issue has to be Chrome related because DuckDuckGo displays the date in their search results western calendar. I have looked int Google settings and into my personal google account but no luck so far.

2 hours ago, stoner said:

100 percent correct and it's fantastic that way. chrome standards are scary to me. ????

I agree, I normally use DuckDuckDo but I switch to Google when I need better search results. I have run the same search term in both ant the Google returns were much more extensive. 

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I have looked int Google settings and into my personal google account but no luck so far.

I hope I found it...

I had the same annoyance with Buddhist calendar (2566) instead of western AD (2023).

Deeply hidden, open this link:

https://www.google.com/preferences

Then scroll down and see the "Regional Settings" for the search.

(I see it in German language at the moment so won't hardcopy)

What is the setting at your Chrome browser? "Current Region"?

Play with the setting and look whether it helps.

Restart browser (not sure whether necessary).

No chance with Windows settings!

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Thank you for trying to help, initially I also thought the same, but when I checked my windows control panel The windows Language setting is US English, and the location is set to USA, the only thing Thai is the time zone. 

The issue has to be Chrome related because DuckDuckGo displays the date in their search results western calendar. I have looked int Google settings and into my personal google account but no luck so far.

No idea...  for me on Format > the drop down menu has many English, I just clicked UK English

Windows 10 and Google Browser

just checked mine has 42 different places in English around the world as well as UK English

Edited by ignis
Extra

33 minutes ago, ignis said:

No idea...  for me on Format > the drop down menu has many English, I just clicked UK English

Windows 10 and Google Browser

just checked mine has 42 different places in English around the world as well as UK English

The issue is date is displayed in Thai year as search result if location is Thailand (which location we want for relevant search results) - there is just no option to turn date display from below when view video/news and such search results:

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The issue is date is displayed in Thai year as search result if location is Thailand (which location we want for relevant search results) - there is just no option to turn date display from below when view video/news and such search results:

Mine says : 15 July 2023 Saturday   14:23

30 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Another attempt before giving up.

It's NOT a Windows setting (language, region, date/time, ....)!

It's NOT a Chrome Setting!

It's a laughable Google search setting stored in a Cookie!

Can be completely independent of the Windows settings.

shot1.png

shot2.png

That is not a cookie, it is a setting that relates to search history rather than search results but can't quite see how it actually affects the search history.

I would think that the issue from the OP is more likely to be related to "location". if that is turned on then Google would know where you are and make changes as appropriate .

It wouldn't be out of the question for the "current region" setting and "location" to  be linked.

Websites will show content in your preferred languages, when possible

Add languages
1. English (United Kingdom)
This language is used when translating pages

2. English
This language is used to display the Google Chrome UI

3. English (United States)

4. Thai

8 hours ago, treetops said:

The reply from KhunBENQ above regarding region settings changes a google search result from

image.png.0d1273f3562595239e003333faebf51d.png

to

image.png.44d0e2b4bef3c5b6d64911cb9a76a90f.png

which appears to be what you are after.  You can access it from the URL given

https://www.google.com/preferences

or from

image.png.838dd347a9b8a1ff89d4f41d9c27bce8.png

by selecting Settings followed by Search Settings and scrolling down to Region Settings and selecting USA, UK or whatever.

WooHoo!!:clap2::clap2:

Thank you thank you thank you!! Problem resolved, 

On 7/15/2023 at 3:24 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Another attempt before giving up.

It's NOT a Windows setting (language, region, date/time, ....)!

It's NOT a Chrome Setting!

It's a laughable Google search setting stored in a Cookie!

Can be completely independent of the Windows settings.

shot1.png

shot2.png

THANKS ... don't know why people can't follow simple instructions.   Why ask if not going to use the info.

THANKS  again.

Note:  not that I needed, as Thai calendar is easy enough to understand, but saves me 1 thinking process.  Not that hard to realize if not 2566, then it's not this year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Note:  not that I needed, as Thai calendar is easy enough to understand, but saves me 1 thinking process.  Not that hard to realize if not 2566, then it's not this year

It is not difficult to do the math (subtract 543) but when I am doing research and have a long search page with many returns, I don't want to have to adjustment for every article , and then try to remember the adjustments. As you can see in my screenshots except for the time zone ,I had  changed all the settings to US .

This final setting that treetops send me I could not find anywhere and trust me I looked. But I was finally able to resolve the Issue and I'm very happy.

Google seems to know what kind of pizza I ordered yesterday , you would think that all the info they have on me ,they would know what my calendar preference is , especially after I did dozens of searches on Google on how to set my calendar  to Western ????

52 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Setting VPN to a US server works, tho maybe not the solution you're wanting. 

Thank you for that , I thought the same and tried to see if it made any difference but it did not. The problem has been resolved thanks to the help from treetops. As I suspected it was a Google preference issue, I thought I had set all my preferences  to US as shown in my screenshot a few replies above, but apparently I had not. 

On 7/15/2023 at 1:29 PM, lopburi3 said:

that date format is better than the stupid american date format

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

that date format is better than the stupid american date format

Day/Month/Year (AD) is not the issue - this issue is Day/Month/Buddhist Era which is 543 years ahead of the Common Era (Anno Domini) which for those not using is just as confusing as the US Month/Day/Year.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thumbs Up 1