Google chrome date in Thai rather than Western calender

sirineou

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Thank you for that , I thought the same and tried to see if it made any difference but it did not. The problem has been resolved thanks to the help from treetops. As I suspected it was a Google preference issue, I thought I had set all my preferences  to US as shown in my screenshot a few replies above, but apparently I had not. 

I tried it numerous times for the exact same searches BEFORE suggesting it, and it worked every single time without fail. Without US VPN...Thai date. Switch on US VPN...western date. 

Anyhoo, glad u got sorted out. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Today is July 18th 2023 Nothing stupid about that. 

It gets bad when they mean July 2nd 2023 and printed expiration date 07/02/2023 (so appears to most of the world expired 5 months ago).

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Thank you for that , I thought the same and tried to see if it made any difference but it did not. The problem has been resolved thanks to the help from treetops. As I suspected it was a Google preference issue, I thought I had set all my preferences  to US as shown in my screenshot a few replies above, but apparently I had not. 

Yes...and thx for thisNow my results have 2023 instead of 2566 WITHOUT using VPN. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Antiparovian said:

JUst take 543 away from the date

It's true but not easy to do when you are researching an issue and have dozens of search returns all with different dates. 

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It gets bad when they mean July 2nd 2023 and printed expiration date 07/02/2023 (so appears to most of the world expired 5 months ago).

For you guys dont eat food that is still good, How about us that eat expired European food thinking it is still good? While nothing much happens to you , We get sick!! We should sue you and your dangerous system.????

All a matter of perspective, In china they put the year first. 

The way I understand it is that the US borrowed their format from the  English from when they were an English colony. The UK changed their format to match the rest of Europe in the 20th century but we never did. 

I would have thought that with Brexit they would have changed back LOL

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

For you guys dont eat food that is still good, How about us that eat expired European food thinking it is still good? While nothing much happens to you , We get sick!! We should sue you and your dangerous system.????

The way I understand it is that the US borrowed their format from the  English from when they were an English colony. The UK changed their format to match the rest of Europe in the 20th century but we never did. 

Now that I think about it more ,

I am starting to get upset!! and suspect the whole thing about putting the date first in Europe is grand conspiracy to sell us expired food,???? 

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It gets worse with medical reports - had to explain the international system to doctors in US more than once over the years.  Most of us are still using yards/feet/inch for measurement and think 37 is a cold day in Maine.  

43 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

K I S S   (head math is not - most people can even give change without a calculator these days)

try that on a local chashier ....   

went to Macro yesterday,,  invoice was 1510 baht  hander her 2/1000 and a 10coin

deer in the headlights ..... she actually called the  floor manager over to see what to do ....

I wound up getting my coin back and 490 change 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It gets worse with medical reports - had to explain the international system to doctors in US more than once over the years.  Most of us are still using yards/feet/inch for measurement and think 37 is a cold day in Maine.  

True.

Since most of the world uses the Metric system, I am in favor of all of us using the same system, but then there is economics and money spend .

No one wants to make the initial investment and is trapped in a legacy system. 

Not different than the English driving on the wrong side. Can you imagine the chaos it would cause for Thailand to change the side people are used to driving on , so they are trapped into a legacy system , where most of the world  drives on the right. 

There was a move for the US to convert to the Metric system  in the seventies, but I think it was abandoned during the Reagan era because it was too expensive. 

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

K I S S   (head math is not - most people can even give change without a calculator these days)

try that on a local chashier ....   

went to Macro yesterday,,  invoice was 1510 baht  hander her 2/1000 and a 10coin

deer in the headlights ..... she actually called the  floor manager over to see what to do ....

I wound up getting my coin back and 490 change 

Obviously my typing is worse than my math - it should read 'can't' rather than 'can'.  

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Today is July 18th 2023 Nothing stupid about that. 

That is the the stupid american date format, viz 7/18/23. The real western world uses 18/07/23 (18 July 2023). The american date format is so stuffed up every month until the 13th of each month, viz is 7/1/23 the 1st of July OR 7th January. Only americans would know it was supposed to be July 1st. The yanks have not only corrupted the english language but the calendar as well.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Only americans would know it was supposed to be July 1st.

Ok let me aske you this. what flows better and is communicated with an economy of words when you are asked when something occured?

july 18th 2023 or 18th of July 2023? notice the first was communicated using thee words,and numbers  and the second was communicated  using  four words and numbers,  If you were a contestant on Wheel of fortune it would had cost you extra capital to purchase a vowel , and that my friend is simply wasteful.

With throwing your vowels around  No wonder we had to come in an pull your <deleted> out oh the fire WW2 .

Waste not, want not, is the moral of the story. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, sirineou said:

Ok let me aske you this. what flows better and is communicated with an economy of words when you are asked when something occured?

july 18th 2023 or 18th of July 2023? notice the first was communicated using thee words,and numbers  and the second was communicated  using  four words and numbers,  If you were a contestant on Wheel of fortune it would had cost you extra capital to purchase a vowel , and that my friend is simply wasteful.

With throwing your vowels around  No wonder we had to come in an pull your <deleted> out oh the fire WW2 .

Waste not, want not, is the moral of the story. 

and that's exactly why americans have corrupted the english language and calendar. They take short cuts with the language by spelling everything phonetically, and your wheel of fortune explanation is a joke. In the PROPER english language the DATE is ALWAYS first followed by the month and then the year. Here's where's there's a huge problem, those of us that live in the real english speaking world don't read 9/11 as Sept 11th but as 9th November, and that's the MAJORITY of the english speaking world.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, scottiejohn said:

Perhaps you should have used fewer, (or is it less in your case?) words and we might have found the joke somewhere!

You don't really think I seriously thought that the American system is supperior because it uses less words? Or that the discrepancy had any relationship to what happened during WW2  ? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2023 at 7:47 AM, sirineou said:

from the Thai calendar to a western calendar .

Mine only shows the American date not English

Day/ month/year 

USA  Month/day/year so frigging annoying, i missed an important date bcoz of this 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You don't really think I seriously thought that the American system is supperior because it uses less words? Or that the discrepancy had any relationship to what happened during WW2  ? 

The above post is hilarious in it's own way but the post you are referring to certainly was not funny!

Edited by scottiejohn

31 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

The above post is hilarious in it's own way but the post you are referring to certainly was not funny!

Who am I to argue with the ministry of funniness.

I learned my lesson from the debate of putting one thing on top of another , when I tried to suggest that we could also put things next to each other, and now defer to the experts. 

I also want to take this opportunity to promise to try and  be funnier in the future but by no means  does such promise guarantee final product.

Prices will vary , tax where applicable. 

• Sad 1