Help with Kodi Thai characters

Sriwan

I am pretty much a novice with Kodi but my wife is Thai and does not speak English so I would like to try and add Thai subtitles for her to be able to watch tv and movies with me. I have figured out how to enable Thai subtitles but they just show up as rectangles and not Thai characters. 
I have search the Internet, and have learned that if I download Arialuni.ttf and place it in a specific Kodi folder, I can solve this problem. 
My issue is that I have no idea how to download this file into Kodi, and then copy it into the proper folder. I am using Kodi from a FireStick, so everything I do is using Kodi through my television.

Any step by step help would be greatly appreciated. 

Arial.ttf is the standard Kodi installation and does not support Thai fonts.

The one you need is AD-TT Garuda Regular.

Download this to a USB stick/drive.

AD-TT-Garuda-Regular.ttf

First you need a app like ES File Explorer to go to directories, copy etc. on your Android box, and you need to enable it to see hidden files.

The path is something like this: android\xbmc\files\.kodi\media\

On Windows the path looks like this:

image.png.ea542c7e84105380e0cc84d22d0133e7.png

Create a folder named Fonts in the Kodi\Media folder (if it doesn't exist already), then copy and paste the attached file from the USB stick/drive into it.

Next start Kodi and in System>Video>Subtitles select AD-TT Garuda regular.ttf and your Thai subtitled media files should work fine.

Just remember that the subtitle .srt file must be exactly the same name as the media file (.mp4 or .mkv etc) and must reside in the same directory for them to work properly.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the advice and the file. But I am still very lost. Again, I have Kodi only on my fire stick. I understand how to download the file you gave me onto a ISB stick, but I don’t get how I can then transfer the file from the USB to my fire stick, which is plugged into my television. 
I also don’t understand how to create a folder called fonts into Kodi. I am just using my fire stick remote to navigate through Kodi, and I don’t see where or how to create a folder. 
I am sorry for being so lost, and if this is too technical for me to be able to grasp, I will just have to forgo having Thai subtitles for her. 
thanks again for any help. It is very greatly appreciated. 

Gentlemen, thank you so much for your help. I found another forum that guided me through the steps of how to download a file to the fire stick and then move it into Kodi. After messing around with it for a couple hours, I finally figured everything out, and my wife is extremely happy to now be able to watch movies with Thai subtitles.I appreciate all of your efforts to help, and I am very grateful. 

• Like 1