BYD Atto 3 Owner reviews

Hi Have been looking to buy a new car & I do a lot of Km ( taking kids back & forth to school ) was looking at suv's mainly especially  hybrids for good fuel economy  such as hrv  or  Corolla cross etc but also been researching the BYD atto 3 which has been getting  good reviews  on YouTube etc but wondered if there are any owners that can put their  views of ownership in Thailand  regarding   economy, ease of charging etc etc

Cheers 

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Price difference of EV vs ICE MG ZS is about ฿200k.  IF driving 20k kms a year, like we do, that ROI is realized in < 5 yrs, after that, it's free transport, using our excess solar @ home.

You're older than me and I don't expect to last another 5 years.

If you really want to save money or the planet, my Honda 160i gets 51Km/ltr.

Edited by BritManToo

Thanks for the replies  I wouldn't  be driving more than 250kms in a day anyway & even if I did I would be stopping  for food , toilet etc after around that stage anyway

So would be able to charge if I went electric but also good to have the safety  net of an engine if going hybrid also I suppose

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Not for everyone but why not consider a Toyota Fortuner Diesel 2.8lt. (Not the 2.4lt as that is heavy on fuel) Good on fuel. Great for carrying many folks and there luggage about. One 5 Min: fill up and will give you 1k KM range. But the main thing is in say 5 years when you want to sell it you will get good returns for your monies. As against an EV Milk Float that no one will want when it's 5 years old, so you won't be able to even give it away.

Sorry EV drivers but that's the way I see it.

N/B have just got a price for my 6 year old Tuner 2.8lt TRD and that was over 1 Mil BHT for P/X try that in your EVs.

That's an apples & orange suggestion, and defeats the whole purpose of having an EV.   Since considering a hybrid, range wouldn't be an issue at all, if impatient.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not an owner but I did stalk the FB Atto 3 groups for a while as I was convinced i would buy one. In the end I have compromised with a HEV for the longer trips and will buy a BYD Dolphin shortly for more local stuff. Good reviews all round for the Atto 3, the only major complaints being:

Poor quality tyres ( although these may have been updated now).

Poor air conditioning ( seems like an EV issue).

The usual warning bells and whistles popular now on more safety equipped cars.

As said above, home charging is essential for an EV and preferably a TOU meter for the cheaper overnight rate, or even more preferably …. solar.

Some others you might consider:

Neta V 549k

BYD Dolphin 699/869k

MG4.  869/969k

MG EP 771k

MG ES. 9xxk

Ora Good Cat 828/959k

Out of these the MG EP Estate might interest you as you mentioned shuttling kids around, at 771k it is excellent value but might be tough to find now as being superseded by the updated MG ES.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Nope.

MG 4 and ZS Ev have an excellent set of air conditioners.

Both under 1 mill thb

Apologies, I read somewhere that on an EV more energy is used for cooling the battery and restricts the air conditioning effectivity .

Seems like this is not the case, unless BYD did not take this into account.

3 hours ago, macahoom said:

I'd be interested to hear where you got your 80% figure from. Have you got a link?

I have two EVs, one almost 4 years old and the other just over 2. I'm getting the same range from both as when they were new.

Battery degradation is inevitable over time, but your 80% remaining figure after five years is surely wishful thinking.

80% is pretty close to the average... EV Battery Health: What 6,000 EV Batteries Tell Us | Geotab

• Like 1