Does house owner have to do a 2nd TM30 when tenant returns from a Visa run ?

In this case, the tenant signed a 1-year lease, and the 1st TM 30 correctly indicates a "check-out date" a year later, but a Visa expiry date of 2 months.

So when the tenant returns from a Visa border run, does the house owner need to submit a new TM 30 indicating the new Visa expiry date ?

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, thairookie said:

So when the tenant returns from a Visa border run, does the house owner need to submit a new TM 30 indicating the new Visa expiry date ?

Unless the tenant reentered with reentry permit or a multi entry visa then yes he requires a new TM30 even if returning to same address

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Unless the tenant reentered with reentry permit or a multi entry visa then yes he requires a new TM30 even if returning to same address

Aha. Apologies for a potential thread hijack, but I returned from a trip abroad recently, using a multiple re-entry permit based on my Non-O visa. I forgot all about a potential need for a new TM30 report. Your comment seems to suggest I've nothing to worry about?

43 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Your comment seems to suggest I've nothing to worry about?

Correct.

However there are couple of rogue offices that are not following the change of rules that occured in ~ June 2020.

Most notable is CM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Shouldn't be the need,

Regarding the OP there is a need.

The one year lease is irrelevant.

He is exiting Thailand and will reenter with new visa or visa exempt stamp.

He needs new TM30.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What about returning with a Tourist Visa ?

My point is when the 1st TM30 was submitted, the duration of the lease period was already indicated.

9 minutes ago, thairookie said:

My point is when the 1st TM30 was submitted, the duration of the lease period was already indicated.

The duration of the lease is irrelevant. If you have made a fresh entry into Thailand (not using a re-entry permit) then Immigration wants you to tell them that a foreigner just arrived to stay at the property ... again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

This is incorrect. When I did my TM30 at Jomtien Immigration last week I specifically asked them for my METV Multiple Entry Tourist Visa do I need to report my address each and every time I enter on my current visa and she said "yes, every time"

Edited by bbi1

5 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Shouldn't be the need,  but i like to go and see the lovely officers at jomtien to say hi and see if there have been any rule changes just to be polite.  After all,  what else is there to do in life but sleep,  shower and feed.

Absolutely wrong info here. Each and every time you need to do TM30 at Jomtien immigration.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, thairookie said:

Yes, each and every time you need to report TM30 with your same Multiple Entry Tourist Visa you enter on.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Unless the tenant reentered with reentry permit

We are being told at my work that anyone who comes back into the country has to do the TM30 again - they are being told this by immigration.

Basically HR went to do the 90-Day reporting for some foreign staff and two got rejected cos they had just come back from a holiday abroad and didn't have a new TM30.

Of course, this could just be the immigration officer, and that is the problem, no consistency with this type of stuff. 

• Like 1

Correct.

However there are couple of rogue offices that are not following the change of rules that occured in ~ June 2020.

Most notable is CM

When did CM change? I've got the same TM30 in the back of my passport I filed in 2019 and have the left the country multiple times (let alone domestic travel) and have confirmed with them - in person, that I don't need to file a new one. Of note, that's with re-entry permits on two year extensions of stays - if you change visa status, that's different. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yes, each and every time you need to report TM30 with your same Multiple Entry Tourist Visa you enter on.

So if the tenant proceeds to pay 1,900 baht at the Immigration Office and obtains a 30-day extension without leaving Thailand, a 2nd TM30 is NOT required ?

38 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Absolutely wrong info here. Each and every time you need to do TM30 at Jomtien immigration.

Have a careful read of the OP in this thread.

Specifically 2.2

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

There were changes to TM30 in June 2020.

I'm not interested in what any random immigration office/officer makes up. 

Edited by DrJack54

Please everybody,  everytime you step outside your residence,  even if you go down to the shops to buy milk,  please  go to immigration and ask them if its necessary to report.  They may get the hint that things are a bit ridiculous. I reiterate,  My experience is on metv i have been told by two seperate people  at jomtien that no need to do tm30 after border run. But I can appreciate anything can happen at all including fine for not reporting after buying milk. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Theoretically required, but I think many immigration offices are flexible.

My local office for example says that they don't mind if I don't update it. But if I will apply for an extension, then I should also get my TM30 updated before applying for the extension, but I can do this on the same day, no matter when I actually came back.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have a careful read of the OP in this thread.

Specifically 2.2

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

There were changes to TM30 in June 2020.

I'm not interested in what any random immigration office/officer makes up. 

It may say that, but when you turn up at Jomtien Immigration to do an extension and the front desk girl looks at your passport stamp and TM30 at the end and it doesn't match up with a new TM30 being submitted, she will tell you that you have to report your address again before you can get a queue ticket for an extension of stay. Then you go to the TM30 desk and the two ladies working there fines you 1,900 baht for not submitting the same address on your entry into Thailand with the same METV.

Edited by bbi1

25 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Please everybody,  everytime you step outside your residence,  even if you go down to the shops to buy milk,  please  go to immigration and ask them if its necessary to report.  They may get the hint that things are a bit ridiculous. I reiterate,  My experience is on metv i have been told by two seperate people  at jomtien that no need to do tm30 after border run. But I can appreciate anything can happen at all including fine for not reporting after buying milk. 

This is opposite from what one of the ladies doing TM30 told me last week when I asked her after I reported my TM30 with her, and this is for a METV just like yourself. Her words were "Yes, every time you come back into Thaiand"

Edited by bbi1

13 hours ago, thairookie said:

Depends on which province you live in.

If Songkhla then yes.

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

It may say that, but when you turn up at Jomtien Immigration to do an extension and the front desk girl looks at your passport stamp and TM30 at the end and it doesn't match up with a new TM30 being submitted, she will tell you that you have to report your address again before you can get a queue ticket for an extension of stay. Then you go to the TM30 desk and the two ladies working there fines you 1,900 baht for not submitting the same address on your entry into Thailand with the same METV.

That's your experience....

From another poster earlier....

'I reiterate, My experience is on metv i have been told by two seperate people at jomtien that no need to do tm30 after border run" 

Everyone should be aware of their own io cute individual rules.

Samut Prakan is a other office not following correct (up-to-date) rules. 

You quoted me earlier and opened with this......

"Absolutely wrong info here."

My information was correct.

I'm not concerned about random experiences such as your posts.

• Like 1

@DrJack54 is fully correct.

The official updated TM-30 regulation dating from 30-06-2020 is crystal clear: when returning to your official address on the same Permission of stay, there is no need to notify your local Immigration office of your return by re-issuing a TM-30.  So for any domestic travel, there is no need to do so.

And for international travel, it is only after having exited Thailand without a Re-Entry Permit which will result in you  being stamped in on re-entry with a NEW Permission of stay (instead of confirming the previous one) that local Immigration needs to be notified by providing them with a new TM-30 within 24 hours of your return to your official address.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the above is the official regulation which is followed by the majority of Thai Immigration offices. But as this is Thailand there are rogue Imm Offices, that are 'doing it their own way' and insist on notifying them again of your return to your official address in their province, and resulting in a fine if you didn't do it.  

Conclusion > You need to inform yourself how your local Imm Office deals with the matter to avoid unpleasant surprises (ChiangMai being notorious for always requiring a TM-30 re-issue, and also Jomtien after return from international travel even with a Re-Entry Permit). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

@DrJack54 is fully correct.

The official updated TM-30 regulation dating from 30-06-2020 is crystal clear: when returning to your official address on the same Permission of stay, there is no need to notify your local Immigration office of your return by re-issuing a TM-30.  So for any domestic travel, there is no need to do so.

And for international travel, it is only after having exited Thailand without a Re-Entry Permit which will result in you  being stamped in on re-entry with a NEW Permission of stay (instead of confirming the previous one) that local Immigration needs to be notified by providing them with a new TM-30 within 24 hours of your return to your official address.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the above is the official regulation which is followed by the majority of Thai Immigration offices. But as this is Thailand there are rogue Imm Offices, that are 'doing it their own way' and insist on notifying them again of your return to your official address in their province, and resulting in a fine if you didn't do it.  

Conclusion > You need to inform yourself how your local Imm Office deals with the matter to avoid unpleasant surprises (ChiangMai being notorious for always requiring a TM-30 re-issue, and also Jomtien after return from international travel even with a Re-Entry Permit). 

I need to clarify the term "re-entry permit".  When you have a multiple entry Tourist Visa, does that amount to a re-entry permit ?

53 minutes ago, thairookie said:

I need to clarify the term "re-entry permit".  When you have a multiple entry Tourist Visa, does that amount to a re-entry permit ?

No. When you re-enter Thailand using a multi-entry visa, you obtain a new permission to stay.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Caldera said:

No. When you re-enter Thailand using a multi-entry visa, you obtain a new permission to stay.

Might be splitting hairs but when you reenter Thailand with a reentry permit from example an extension, you are also given a new entry stamp (permission of stay date) 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Might be splitting hairs but when you reenter Thailand with a reentry permit from example an extension, you are also given a new entry stamp (permission of stay date) 

Not sure what you mean. The permission of stay expires when your extension expires, the re-entry permit doesn't change that date.

When re-entering with a multi-entry visa, on the other hand, you get a new permission to stay, with a new expiration date (60 days in the case or a multi-entry tourist visa).

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Not sure what you mean. The permission of stay expires when your extension expires, the re-entry permit doesn't change that date.

When re-entering with a multi-entry visa, on the other hand, you get a new permission to stay, with a new expiration date (60 days in the case or a multi-entry tourist visa).

Happy to stand corrected.

The fact is that with a multi reentry permit such as METV or ME Non O based on retirement or marriage etc the visa is valid and new TM30 not required.

With a reentry permit you are still given "new permission of stay" stamp.

Granted the expiry matches the reentry permit but that's not the point.

Your reentry permit simply allows you to obtain new permission of stay stamp.

My most recent o/s trips pic attached.

IMG_20230719_195147_788.jpg

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

The fact is that with a multi reentry permit such as METV or ME Non O based on retirement or marriage etc the visa is valid and new TM30 not required.

That seems to be interpreted differently by different IOs - as we've seen reported here. I wouldn't give someone who's using a multi-entry visa the advice that they don't have to file a new TM30 notification when they return from a border bounce, that really seems to be hit and miss.

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

That seems to be interpreted differently by different IOs - as we've seen reported here. I wouldn't give someone who's using a multi-entry visa the advice that they don't have to file a new TM30 notification when they return from a border bounce, that really seems to be hit and miss.

Lot of folk on a METV and ME non O attend immigration for a 30 day extension.

If someone posts that they needed a new TM30 then fine. 

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The most accurate way of describing it is that your previous permission to stay is restored. The re-entry permit protects your existing permission to stay when you leave and re-enter Thailand. The distinction is important in some cases where an unbroken period in Thailand is necessary (such as when applying for Permanent Residence).

• Thumbs Up 1